ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent !! help with rear disc brakes

182 Cup & 172
hi guys got a problem :evil:, im changing my rear discs on my 182 due to my rear bearing going, iv put discs on which have ready pressed bearing, iv tightened up the hub nut but theres still a lot of play in the disc, ive then put the caliper on but theres still to much play there ! :mad: any help what can i do have i missed something out

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Did you refit the spacer before putting the disc back on? Sometimes it gets stuck inside the old disc

182 Cup & 172
View attachment 52745

this is what im working with, is there anything missing or do i just slide new disc onto shaft and do hub nut up ???? heres disc now aswell

the new disc seeems like it need compressing in the centre as the gap inside the hole on old disc is more compressed, hope this helps pis:

Now Sold :-(
There should be another part that looks like a big washer and is tapered on one side. Are you sure its not on the back of your old disc?
Note on your original post you stated "bearing going" Did it actually fail or just get noisy. If it failed the spacer/washer may have snapped and fallen away.

182 Cup & 172
i see mate< thanks for your help, i clearly need to but 2 new spacers to go behind the disc, thanks mate

There should be another part that looks like a big washer and is tapered on one side. Are you sure its not on the back of your old disc?
Note on your original post you stated "bearing going" Did it actually fail or just get noisy. If it failed the spacer/washer may have snapped and fallen away.

HELP !!!.....wheres mine gone ? I`m not doubting it should be there but I just took my disc off and there isnt one, not stuck in the disc,not left on the hub and the disc was on with no play.....any ideas......new disc (aftermarket) rubs on housing so is it possible the original had a different set up......(04 182)....the bearing set up inside the new disc does not match exactly the old....there is deffo something wrong with what I`ve got in front of me !!!!......im tired so might be missing something obvious staring me in the face so could someone point it out please....cheerz...off to bed with headache!!

new discs from euro parts.....took them elsewhere to confirm and they match.....went to reno and ordered missing spacers but still confused as to why there wasn`t any on the car in the first place and there wasn`t a problem. New outer web on discs touch hub housing but bearing seems to be exactly the same depth......this is getting annoying .......anyone point me in right direction please

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
someone lost the spacers on my mrs one and it started making noises when cornering, went in under warranty and they had to replace both discs, pads, stub axel, abs sensor and wheel bolts as it fucked it!

someone has fucked about with it in the past and lost the spacers
.....gorilla must of done up the wheel nuts aswell (bent solid 18" bar)...then the locking wheel nut heads both sides screwed up aswell. A relatively simple job turns into a flamin fiasco...... front discs were a nightmare a fortnight ago...should of seen the writing on the wall....anyway, new spacers arriving tomoz and I`m prayin for some luck.....should be grease, spacer, disc,caliper,hub nut, wheel (have I missed anything, the red mist is down !!!)....????....wishful thinking me thinks....cheerz for the help.