ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprating speakers but........

206,172 Cup,focus,X5
I want to know peoples opinions on uprating the front door speakers but keeping the standard tweeters. Can they handle a good stereo ? Or do they flake out easily ??

Cheers.

Ben

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Standard tweeters are crap. Invest in some decent speakers and you will get good tweeters. Dont expect much more bass from 13cm components

PH2 172 & 182
How easy is it to replace the tweeters. Had a brief look under the dash and it really didn't look obvious?

206,172 Cup,focus,X5
How easy is it to replace the tweeters. Had a brief look under the dash and it really didn't look obvious?

Im guessin they just come out throught the top. Just a couple screws.

Im gonna put 17cm in the door anyway.

Ok cool. Now i know they r pretty crap ill buy some components

cheers fellas

Ben

Pretty sure the top part of the dash is just held in with some screws and is pretty straight forward to take off (well it is in mk2 ph1 anyway) Then they just pop out or something, cant remember exactly but it's not rocket science xD

What were you going to buy instead of components? o_O

Replacing tweeters really needs the dash lifted off imo. I tried it by removing tweeter grills and dropping through the top, it worked but I filed down the plastic edges of the tweeter to squeeze them in. This was with Pioneer TS-Q131C's as well, which are 'direct fit'. I was a) lazy, b) knew absolutely nothing about cars at all at that point and the whole idea of taking the dash off terrified me. With your credentials (Rags to Riches!) I'm sure you'll be fine :p