ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading to Sky + HD

BMW 535D
Anyone else had to wait 3 months to get this?

I registered online yesterday to order my box and upgrade my package, thinking that it would be a week or 2 at the latest before they managed to get an engineer out to me. I've just received a text saying that I can track my order online, when I logged in it said 3 months bloody waiting time!

Anyone else had this from Sky? Is this just a generic 3 months waiting time?

Furious!

Clio RS 200
I had to wait 3 months and 2 friends who were new customers applied at the same time and were in in a week....don't get me started on this... Existing customers have to wait:mad:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Existing. They said it would be 10 weeks, but it wasn't

BMW 535D
Very lucky indeed! Hope mine comes that quickly otherwise I'm stuck with a brand new 1080p TV which I can't use as I don't have multiroom until the HD box comes!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
LOL like i said, the HD is crap anyway, quality is spot on, but there is hardly any channels,

Only ones i watch are Eurosport and channel 4, Sky1 for the simpsons, but something tells me thats not in HD anyway.

Black 172
The new episodes just out are in HD, the older ones aren't :(

If you press the information button when you're watching it, if it doesn't say HD then it isn't sounds obvious I know but there is alot of stuff put on the HD channels that aren't in HD!

C

Cupster

1080p will still be wasted as HD only broadcasts up to 720p iirc. I'm waiting for the free box upgrade Not paying 50 queens and then 10 more a month!!!

Mini Cooper S sport
We were told we'd have to wait 3 months. A month later I got an e-mail saying I'd have to wait... 3 months!

I rang and complained and it's being installed on June 6th, so a total wait of about 8 weeks. Still a pain, but nothing I can do about it.

Evo 8 MR
Sky are rip off merchants full stop anyway, have you seen the paint jobs on their vans? Thats what your paying for when you pay your monthly subscription to not watch 90% of the channels.

172 Cup
Sky are rip off merchants full stop anyway, have you seen the paint jobs on their vans? Thats what your paying for when you pay your monthly subscription to not watch 90% of the channels.

Why pay them then? Is anyone forcing you? Do you have a gun to your head?

I love Sky HD. I can afford it so I choose to pay for it. Over twenty HD channels now and more every month or so.

TBH i think its worth it for the upscaling. normal Sky looks crap on hd tv imo. Plus discovery hd is wicked.

VaVa
Why pay them then? Is anyone forcing you? Do you have a gun to your head?

I love Sky HD. I can afford it so I choose to pay for it. Over twenty HD channels now and more every month or so.

Ditto. It's a lot of money.. I pay them over £60 pcm including BB... but watching the footy in HD makes it all worth while tbh.

BMW 535D
Right, I've done some research and it seems that the 'three month' waiting time is just a generic line that covers them incase they have any setbacks, with most people getting theirs done sooner.

I'm going to give it another couple of days and see if they change it before ringing up for a whinge! We've been sky customers for over 10 years now with out any problems, and if my cousin can get his HD box done in 2 weeks as a new customer I think its shocking that they'd ask a loyal customer to wait that long! In fact, I'm so mad I might just ring up now!i!

BMW 535D
New customer.

Ordered friday.

Delivered and installed on wednesday.

So far, can't fault it! :)

Shocking!

My wait is down to 2 months now, they've knocked a month off in just over a week! If it carries on at this rate I might get it in a couple of weeks lol

I was an existing customer and had it fitted in less than a week, this was as soon as the offer came out though. They are obviously working through the back log but giving new customers priority bookings as a mate ordered his on monday and they are coming out next tues.

C

Cupster

I put myself on the 3 month waiting list and I got the email saying I can now go for the upgrade.

So, now that SkyHD offers just over 30 channels. Is it worth a look in?

C

Cupster

The ashes in HD is FULL OF WIN

Getting all fitted up this Saturday ftw. No Sports for me though, will no doubt get the sports pack for world cup though.

Movies and Discovery for now.

I hear that the HDMI does not carry the sound from the HD box though WTF!!!

LY 200
I've got Sky +HD and think it worth the money, especiallay for the movie and sports channels.

My mum ordered it last week and they are coming to install it on the 3rd of August, she got a bargin too.

£49 for the box and instalation, thats half of what I paid.

C

Cupster

I've got Sky +HD and think it worth the money, especiallay for the movie and sports channels.

My mum ordered it last week and they are coming to install it on the 3rd of August, she got a bargin too.

£49 for the box and instalation, thats half of what I paid.

Got the same 49 queens for the box and and months HD pack and install free. Had it all fitted on Saturday - Love it tbh.

Even my complaining SWT noticed the difference in image quality.

C

Cupster

^ is that the new look schedular thing? No, mate of mine has though!