ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Update to *another clio on grids* +colour change+

Mk1 16v
Ok so just a quick update, had a impulse to repaint the clio in a different colour and do a bit of smoothing/tidying up (car park dents galore!).

So the purists won't like it and I know iv ruined a good car etc etc but it's just a work horse to me, and I suppose it's all down to personal taste. Basically it's cost me £140 to do all my own paintwork + the following;

Used carbon bonnet flatted and re-cleared 6x - looks stunning now
carbon splitter carbon
carbon mirrors
Semi flush boot
cup spoiler (676)
Roof (676)
front grill (676)
full dip in the new R8 Suzuka Grey ... It's not white lol

Thats about it really, the rest I've probably done before the colour change.

Anyway, here's some turd iPhone pics to laugh at :)

4a1e4239.jpg

afcc5ccd.jpg

2923d80b.jpg

ee31a052.jpg

edc3a1fd.jpg

1d1c573e.jpg

Last edited:
  Mk1 16v
I ran out of sticky pads for the front but I'm gonna leave it off till I can find one of the long plates, not sure where to find them tho.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Is it a 172?

Suzuka Grey is an amazing colour but I don't think it works on the Clio.

225 meg
personally i would have put the bonnet white and cup spoiler with just the roof black, but everyone has different tastes

all in all car looks great :D

Mk1 16v
Yeh it's a 172, I painted some parts for a R8 on the Monday and fell in love with the colour so just went with it. Looks alot better in the flesh if I'm honest . Going to get my pal Stu to take some proper pics.

Is it a 172?

Suzuka Grey is an amazing colour but I don't think it works on the Clio.

Mk1 16v
Im in the process of getting a cup spoiler made in carbon and a buddy's making a carbon roof skin when I pester him enough so it was more to see how the black flowed over the car. Also got a carbon rear trim/front badge/carbon fog surrounds on route.
I know there just bits of fibreglass to replace plastic but I have a addiction lol

personally i would have put the bonnet white and cup spoiler with just the roof black, but everyone has different tastes

all in all car looks great :D

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I'm not a fan of the bonnet, but the rest of the car looks bloody brilliant I think. Good to see a change from the usual turinis, etc (Yes, I'm guilty of being a sheep!).

For the plates do you mean www.fancyplates.com ?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeh Danith that's the place , just about to order .

Generall verdict is 520mmx84mm ? Agreed ?

520 x 90 I did, fills the gap perfectly. And the carbon bonnet is actually growin on me! Love the boot/black spoiler and roof tho

TT QS
personally i think fair play for doing something abit different and making it work!

love all of it bar the boot being semi flush. but thats just my opinion. gorgeous car!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Shame it's not all Grey. Would have looked fresher.

Yeh it's a 172, I painted some parts for a R8 on the Monday and fell in love with the colour so just went with it. Looks alot better in the flesh if I'm honest . Going to get my pal Stu to take some proper pics.
Haha, When you return my jet wash bonny lad :rasp:

**Oh, and did you find that rear wiper arm for me?**

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
nice to see something a bit different, looks brilliant.

for some reason i think it needs something done with the rear lights, possibly ph1 clusters or a very light tint on your current ones just to take the sharpness of them

renault clio 172
Sorry no likely no lightey, not a fan of carbon bonnets but that's just me I'm getting old I suppose, love the wheels though different to seeing turinis and suchlike...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I really like that!

The only things that don't work for me are the shortened rear plate recess and the fake wheels... it'd be so much cooler with genuines.