ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Typical cornering speeds...

Impreza P1
Thats a good point , Everytime I seem to get a new car I become more of a placid driver.

The car I used to rag the most was my first Fiat Punto til i killed it . Then i bought the cup and became sensible, unless it was 3am on empty roads, Now I own the Scooby I rarely use the turbo either lol god I sound old lol.

I suppose if you have a quick car theres no need to prove it as much e.g. Clio Sports etc etc.

Still its good to have a blast once in a while

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
A couple of my mates say that i need a little more confidence on how to handle the car abit more, when i first had the car my mate drove it round south shields i was in the p/s he drives a mg zs180 he took my car for a spin in shields drove it hard i was clinging on the hand rail tyres were sqeeling the smell of rubber, he sure can drive he said my car handles better than he thought better than his, he says i drive like a girl :eek: im sure i dont

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yip the best time to push the car to the limits and yourself keeping to the speed limit though cough cough :dapprove: :)

The original question is absolutely pointless as there are so many variables! Visibilty, camber, incline, road width, conditions, time of day, length of corner etc...

If you can see safely through a corner and the conditions are good then you can attain a greater cornering speed than if it's a blind bend at night in pouring rain!

The most stupid thing your could do is try looking at your speedo to see if your going as fast as someone has told you you should be because the odds are you'll look back at the road and there'll be a tractor/deer/child/collision in front of you.

I had an LCR, I was out for a nice drive not even trying to go too fast. Came round a reasonably sharp 90% left hander a little fast and a little wide, saw a car coming towards me, panicked slightly, lost control and cart wheeled my car down the road, litterally. I dented every body panel and ended up on the opposite side of the road facing the way I'd come!

Unfortunately though it's not until something like that happens that you start to think about what could be around the corner!

If you're tyres are squealing as you corner then you are reaching the limits of the cars traction and it means you have very little room for manouvre is something went wrong and if you suddenly find someone coming the other way doing exactly the same thing then you'll suddenly find yourself wishing you were somewhere else!

I have seen all sorts of horrificaly stupid bits of driving. Under powered cars overtaking on blind bends, people signalling when they are going straight on, people carving across lanes on motorways/roundabouts, people running red lights and everytime you witness an example you'll become more and more aware of the hazards other drivers can cause!