ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

twitchy back end!

172 MoNaCo.....
hey,exsuse the heading sounds a bit dodgy! lol! anyway i have a ph2 172 and iv noticed that the back end of my car feels very twitchy and unsafe going into corners at speed, (not stupid speed), wether it be my suspension or what? its as if its guna spin out all the time.:( i have to fight with it to keep it from stepping out! hate to say it but my old fiesta zetec s was much better at handling than the clio!i dont trust it as much putting it into corners.
does anyone get the same problem?

Rusty Cup
hey,exsuse the heading sounds a bit dodgy! lol! anyway i have a ph2 172 and iv noticed that the back end of my car feels very twitchy and unsafe going into corners at speed, (not stupid speed), wether it be my suspension or what? its as if its guna spin out all the time.:( i have to fight with it to keep it from stepping out! hate to say it but my old fiesta zetec s was much better at handling than the clio!i dont trust it as much putting it into corners.
does anyone get the same problem?

I had this experience the first few weeks of having my 182 and immediately got a set of coilovers!! never had the problem again in the 2 years since even when one of my rear shocks lost all of its oil :)

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Just sounds like the rear shocks are gone but before you change them take a look at your tyre pressures ?

Could be lift off oversteer or the fact that when you brake hard, all the weight transfers to the front of the car, making the back end feel light/twitchy.

172 MoNaCo.....
cheers for the input guys, iv been wanting coilovers for ages now, so this might be the right time to get them :approve:.
what coilovers do you have for sale luke?how old, ect?

Fabia vrs tdi
My left rear shock is finished, lost all it's oil it's an exciting drive not knowing where I'm going to end up - ordering up two new shocks from nw performance soon