ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turn a 1.2 into a rep?

Clio Dynamique 1.2
should i do it ? im not sure due to costs and insurance is a rip off atm plus im 17 and im paying 3k :( so yeahh, what you think?

Save your money mate, build up your experience and ncb. I thought about it but just gonna wait till I'm 21 before I get a sport

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
millions of threads already asking the same thing..
well if its 3k already its gonna go up a fair bit once its done

not a good move when you look at how much will the rep cost and how much more it'll be to insure a modded 1.2.

Clio Dynamique 1.2
lol was thinking about fronting but dont wana get caught lol i wasnt looking on declaring the mods tbh lol

Stripped yozza'd cup
Even a second drivers your parents will save you a fortune.

Doing a rep is a massive waste of money. It'll cost you twice what an actual RS would cost and be worth less money resale. Complete waste of money.

You can make the smaller Clio's look pretty good with very little cash.

Body coloured bits, cheap coilovers and some nice wheels. Win.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
why dont people shop around for insurance properly?

I might start up my own mini broker where i find people cheap deals in return for cash money!

Nimbus R27
A years driving experience is just as good to insurers really.

They must have a special alarm going off every time a 17 year old rings up asking for their first years driving insurance!

Not saying your wrong, but ive never found an insurer who gives the same discount for experience as real NCB?!

GB 182 FF
Even if you have 10 years experience and no NCB you will get charged the same as no exp and no ncb... (well thats what I found out when insuring a 2nd car to begin with)

DCi 100
Not saying your wrong, but ive never found an insurer who gives the same discount for experience as real NCB?!

It wasn't mean as in experience is better than NCB. Just purely getting away from being 17 and it's his first year driving in terms of experience. Getting NCB will always be the goal for anyone. :)

Confusing myself now so lol!

Stagecoach Ticket
I had a 182 Rep dnt bother mate i did so much of the work myself and on the cheap yet it was still not worth it but was alot of fun!

If i was in your position again i would look towards more basic mods to have the same fun and a snip of the cost

Colour Coding - bump strips and side strips
Fancey Bullets - Keept me busy for a few days
CTR Aerial
Plan new plates
Second hand Eibach Sportlines
Second hand Spacers
Nice headunit/speakers/sub - things u can move on with to a new car
silvervision bulbs
Performance Panel Filter/Drilled air box/bigger CAF
RS Grille

About £400/£500 worth of mods that be fun doing and will give you a smart little modded car

Clio Dynamique 1.2
i was just basiclly in a rush to get insured the day i passed soo, but im soon going to be 18 and just thinking about fronting on direct line because they offer no claims on your parents insurance. seems the best thing to do?

Clio Dynamique 1.2
well ive got 172 alloys and spacers and cs grill.

my next mods are

lower it 40mm
colour code
and white 172 alloys

also getting a private plate for xmas :rasp: so going to wait till then for 3/4 plates and that..

Stagecoach Ticket
i was just basiclly in a rush to get insured the day i passed soo, but im soon going to be 18 and just thinking about fronting on direct line because they offer no claims on your parents insurance. seems the best thing to do?

Best advice mate is fronting is very very common for a reason so explore your options and make an educated decision on what you want to do when you know the facts. But do not post about it on a public net forum lol

GB 182 FF
Fronting is NEVER a good idea and iirc illegal (well atleast Fraud).

Yes insurance is rough but its one of those things in life that if you feck around with it, it will cost you loads forever.... if you grin and bear some short term pain you can get onto the good cars much quicker/affordably. I did 5 years in a 1.2 nova that was 100% standard, it did everything I needed it to do and got me 5 years NCB which meant fun cars were dirt cheap to insure.

Clio S 1.2 TCE 100
Who you insured with????
i was also spiked with the 3 grand insurance on a 1.2 by admiral....
then wrote the car off. Turns out Admiral are all a bunch of t***s!
Just bought a new car and insurance is 1500 on go compare
with the accident declared also in 18......
try adrian flux aswell many people have recommended them and
they give discounts for being a member of an owners club!!!!!!

DCi 100
Not really. Directline offer the NCB within their own company as far as I know. But other companies won't recognise this as valid NCB. Direct line don't insure anyone at all with modifications under 25 so if you plan to have a modified car in the future, probably not going to work out any better off!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I paid £319 insurance on my corsa c 1.2 SXI when i was 18, fronting FTW.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Even if you have 10 years experience and no NCB you will get charged the same as no exp and no ncb... (well thats what I found out when insuring a 2nd car to begin with)

Rubbish! My insurance is £790 now at 21 with no NCB. At 17, insurance would have been £4500!!!

A sexy one
i made mine into a rep, all in all it cost me about 300quid as i sold my old parts plus with being a painter i had no extra cost to pay for painting and fitting, if i couldnt of done it myself i wouldnt but for what it cost me its was well worth it :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
:evil: Fronting is the way

last year i paid 286 by fronting. this year in my own name...

got my mum to do the quote online cause i was away working and couldnt get to a computer, she put that i was a full lecturer in by mistake, instead of labourer, quote was 2000, when i phoned at the weekend to fix the mistake, it went up 700... how can they justify that?

even fronting its 2k :/