ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turinis - what spacers needed to fill sport arches on a 1.2?

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Riiight, picking up some 16" cup turinis saturday, not sure what spacers I should get to fill the sport arches?

25mm are needed for 182 wheels, however, I've just read that turinis stick out 10mm each side further than the 182 wheels as the offset is different.

Sooo will it be 15mm spacers needed?

stumped tbh.

Don't want to get 25mm and them to rub!

anyone else got/had turinis on a 1.2 rep?

BREMBO did, he had 25mm front, but ended up getting 30mm front.

IIRC Turinis have an offset of 195?
Same as my O.Z's so would recommend 30mm. ;)

The 30mm makes it just that much better, more of a cup look. :)

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Thanks for the imput buddy.

I've had one person say 15mm, and one 30mm, anyone else? lol

I thought their offset was ET35? :S, isnt the 195 just the tyre width?:S

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Thought so!

Anyone know what the offset on standard 172 alloys is? or standard 182 alloys?

Tar.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Lol...

anymore input on these? not sure what to get!

If someout could tell me howmuch more 172 cup turinis stick out then standard 182 alloys, that would be a great start.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
why dont you get the wheels, bang them on and then measure how many more mm you want them to stick out and buy the spacers after.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Nah I'm not, not to my knowledge anyway, never even had the current wheels off! (were on when I got the car), but if it does have spacers they arn't big enough 'cos my wheels are pretty sunk in the arches.

and the boosh! I think that's what I'm going to have to do. Just wanted to get them on ASAP cos I'm mega impatient! :( lol

alien green rs133
Nah I'm not, not to my knowledge anyway, never even had the current wheels off! (were on when I got the car), but if it does have spacers they arn't big enough 'cos my wheels are pretty sunk in the arches.

and the boosh! I think that's what I'm going to have to do. Just wanted to get them on ASAP cos I'm mega impatient! :( lol

i got full sport running gear on the front of my rep and im running 25mm spacers. so i think you will need 30's ;)

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
You reckon? ok, cheers bud...anyone know the best place to get 30's? biggest I can find is 25!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Have you tried them without spacers-are they really necessary? I'm actually mildly tempted to put mine on the 1.6 to see if this is a waste of time. How ironic.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Yep, if you want 30mm.

You must have some cash knocking about to afford 2 sets of them at 100 rubies each.

Lol I wish, wheels are setting me back £475 :dead:, had to take out an overdraft today! lol, I can afford it, but I get paid weekly so large lump sums are hard to come by!

Have you tried them without spacers-are they really necessary? I'm actually mildly tempted to put mine on the 1.6 to see if this is a waste of time. How ironic.

Going to try them tomorrow without spacers, If I had standard wings it'll be all good, but having sport wings with the 1.2's track, you need to have them. Will get some pics up when they're on anyway, see what people think (how much to space them)

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Lol I wish, wheels are setting me back £475 :dead:, had to take out an overdraft today! lol, I can afford it, but I get paid weekly so large lump sums are hard to come by!

Worth the pain mate-they'll look mint.

Going to try them tomorrow without spacers, If I had standard wings it'll be all good, but having sport wings with the 1.2's track, you need to have them. Will get some pics up when they're on anyway, see what people think (how much to space them)

Surely a quick search on track width variation will give you your answer. Body panel mounting positions will be the same v 172/182 so should be able to work it out from that no?

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Riiight they're on! havn't got any pics atm will take some tomorrow, they dont rub on full lock or anything atm, they dont sit flush with the arches but they are no worse than the oz's I had on! Just going to get 25mm front and 10/15mm rear, they will sit lovely then I think!

Meek mate - the list is endless! lol. Here's a taster of the plans:

Spacers on next weekend

Colour coded center cap diamonds (cyclone), 16v bullets (anthracite + cyclone lettering), rear "clio" and diamond (graphite, boot release button cyclone), all should be on the weekend after fingers crossed.

Mid next month - Full service with cam + aux belts change, and water pump change.

End of next month - sunroof re-sealed in time for winter

then once then leaky sunroof is sorted I can decide what I'm doing with the interior! will be either 182 interior, or 182 interior bar the front seats, may go for some buckets, might even strip the rear and just have buckets and front door cards! got abit of thinking to do on that one,lol.

Engine cover cyclone and oil cap anthracite over christmas, with www.cliosport.net sticker in anthracite on the cover.

De-cat after MOT in febuary.

who knows after that! might fancy a half cage at some point.

TBH I may save up for the next year then, and get a conversion sorted by the time im 21 and can afford the insurance! :)

it's too long a list for someone as impatient as me! lol

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
These spacers are giving me a headache now!

I cant find anywhere that sells propper 15mm hubcentric spacers other than FK (£100!). Does anyone know where else you can get them? FK do cheaper "A-centric" spacers (Around £50 + the cost of longer bolts), they are still classed as hubcentric (have a locator ring so the weight is on that rather than the bolts), but you use them with longer bolts, which I've heard is bad news.

I can get Delta miscs 25mm hubcentric for £55

And I can get the equivalent of the FK "A-Centric" ones made by Delts miscs for £55 aswell (including the bolts).

Total - £110.

Orrrr, I could get the FK ones (which I can't afford for a week or two)

25mm hubcentric - £110

15mm hubcentric - £100 / 15mm A-Centric £50

£210/£160 + cost of bolts.

What do you think I should do?

I personally wouldn't touch Delta mics, to many bad stories.

FK are German, end of..

:rasp:

I have the A type Hubcentric from FK on my rear wheels (13mm) and used to have them on the front and had absolutely no problems with them..
Was even using bolts that were 4mm shorter than I should have!

You pay for what you get basically.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Haha, cheers for the info mate.

After doing some measuring, any more than 5mm on the back would be pushing it. So I'm just going to get some 5mm on the back, and need to measure the front late, may go for the FK's.