ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turini 15" or 16"

53 Clio 172
Want a set of turinis for my silver 53 plate 172. Can anyone post pictures of 172 with 15" or 16"? How light are they too?

cheers guys

****if anyone has any turinis or oz ultraleggera's PM me****

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Loads of my bus on 16'' 'trophy' turinis. Not sure on what weight, but the ultraleggeras would be lighter.

3977913360_3bd18ac365_o.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fletcher10/sets/72157612246997297/

Golf GTD Mk7
If it's lightness you're after then the oz's would be best to be honest. Turinis aren't that light to be honest. If you want them to look better in the arches then 16" is the way to go

b/g 182, meg tourer
15" looks great if lowered about 60mm. lighter and cheaper rubber.
i have 16" ultraleggeras on mine jonny as you probably know. they are noticably lighter that turinis, thats why i went for them, plus the fact that everyone has turinis.

its not silver like yours but it gives you an idea on how ultraleggeras look on ph2 clios.
lowered on sportlines.

SDC11081.jpg

b/g 182, meg tourer
oh and also a good point to make, the ultraleggeras made a big difference on cooling my brakes down from the standard wheels. changed the car to be honest.

53 Clio 172
Luke your 182 is sweet, im happy for the mean time but really not a big fan of the standard 172 wheels! need some ultraleggeras with a 30mm drop,what you think?

b/g 182, meg tourer
ultraleggeras and sportlines (30mm drop) will look spot on imo. but then again i would say that ;)
had apex that were about 40mm/50mm drop and the ride was pretty harsh, not sure if that was down to the make of the spring or the extra 10mm/20mm drop. but sportlines are a great compromise and sharpen up the handling nicely.

b/g 182, meg tourer
prolines barley drop at all. they handle nice and precise tho but you won't notice the car is lowered at all.
sportlines handle just as good imo and is a noticable drop without being stupidly low.
apex lower a lot! but handling is sacrificed.

i have had all 3 sets on my car and its sportlines for me every time. great all-rounder.

53 Clio 172
did you fit them yourself? how much you rekon it would cost to fit all round sportlines inc the springs?

b/g 182, meg tourer
not the best pics jonny but...

prolines

DSC01156.jpg

sportlines

DSC01914.jpg

apex

DSC00881.jpg

just so you get an idea.
it you type in 'sportlines' etc... in the search box at the top you should be able to find lots of pics of different springs.

b/g 182, meg tourer
no i didn't fit them myself. jabba did it for me. i guess its only an hour's labour. not a difficult job to do but i just let them do all of the work on my car to be honest.
i think the springs are £130 (could be wrong on that tho) and £40/ £60 to fit?

53 Clio 172
nice one, is that jabbasport in near p'boro? fingers crossed i get me some wheels! apex looks the best but ride is quite important to me..still got to give me nan lifts to the doctors

b/g 182, meg tourer
yeah jabbasport near crowland peterborough, although i guess most garages would do it for you but i would get tracking/alignment etc done at the same time.
haha! im sure your nan will be fine rolling on sportlines.