ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo SRT8 vs Modified M5..

Fast f**king jeeps! How do they handle round the twisty stuff?

I found a way to beat one... cots a fair bit though!!!

[youtube]IWQGq9F61E4[/youtube]

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
One hell of a monster is that, love the noise :D i drove a jeep commander with the 5.7 Hemi and that sounded mint and had the 6.1 hemi revved up in a show room in a 300C SRT8, was change of under wear time i can tell you ;)

Last edited:
  182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Nice Turbo but that isn't a SRT8. The guy posted it on SRT8 forums in the states and got burned for it lol.

This turbo'd Jeep would handle that Porsche Turbo no problems in a straight line.

LOL.

Okay, whatever you say. You can hear the M5 screaming ffs.

The Jeep is renowned for it's insane ability to launch that quickly. It has some very clever technology involved.

Just do a quick search on Youtube and you'll see every single time the Jeep nails the start.

The Jeep embarasses a lot of cars which have more power. It can beat the ML63, Porsche Cayenne Turbo in the 1/4 mile stock vs stock. This Turbo'd one would simply spit them out.

OK fair enough it can launch very well, but from a rolling start the jeep would live with the BMW to 100mph then the M5 would pull away

I've seen vids however on youtube of standard jeep vs ML63 and the merc pastes it once into third

I'll admit i like the car alot and see the appeal of a madly fast suv, and you could consider the jeep a sleeper car, but i dont think it can defy the laws of physics

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
It does not pass in 3rd at all. It passes at over 110MPH which is entering into 4th gear.

I think you're underestimating the serious power of this Turbo'd Jeep. No way will this M5 hang with it even from a roll, or any situation. Never, ever will the M5 get past this Jeep.

Of course, stock vs stock, the M5 beats the Jeep with no problem but this Jeep ain't stock.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
[youtube]epmGE--EtN0[/youtube]

This is the video you're referring to? It takes well over 14 seconds for the ML to pass the Jeep. The Jeep is doing over 110MPH by that point.. at what point do you end the race? 60MPH? 100MPH? 150MPH? The Jeep wins 2 out of 3 of those speeds. Not sure what else you want? It will also win in the 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile...stock vs stock.

Sure the ML will take it after 110MPH due to it's superior BHP and Torque figures...But I paid under half the price of the ML..

Tbh if i can accross some some, i'd get one of these fore sure, would show those bitches in there Ranger Rovers where the door is.

Okay Ian, i'll hold my hands up and admit about the standard SRT8, i should have done my reaearch instead of listening to a friend who told me they had only 310bhp :eek:

Didn't realise they had 420bhp & 420lb/ft impressive

However, i still find it hard how a car that weighs 300+ kgs more, has vastly inferior cd and larger frontal area can run away from one with the same bhp at the wheels......

that turbo must add a shitload of torque hehe

Clio Dynamique
Okay Ian, i'll hold my hands up and admit about the standard SRT8, i should have done my reaearch instead of listening to a friend who told me they had only 310bhp :eek:

Didn't realise they had 420bhp & 420lb/ft impressive

However, i still find it hard how a car that weighs 300+ kgs more, has vastly inferior cd and larger frontal area can run away from one with the same bhp at the wheels......

that turbo must add a s**tload of torque hehe

what does the cd player have to do with it?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
As ive said if you strap a turbo on anything it will make it quick.

I know of corsa's that would hand the M5 its arse,that doesnt make them nice cars though...

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
That messes with my brain, it's a Jeep, yet, it just wasted an M5... It was pretty awesome :D

Dan

320d
On the contrary, I think the best thing about superchargers are the noise. I'm planning on charging the MX5 next year, and the costs are pretty similar for either route, but I'm leaning towards SC just for the brilliant whining.

+1 Its making me want a mini cooper s aswell, the wine is awsome. Its realy addictive. I'm definately going to own a supercharged car at some point. Its a dying thing aswell now turbo's make cars so efficient and they are getting them lag free etc.

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Id love to see one of these things shift, my brother has a Range Rover Supercharged and that thing shifts for such a big vehicle.

Although i havent got what i would call a performance car in any way, infact its a barge it very easily hands me my arse, from standstill, rolling start anything and is such a nice thing to drive.

Me personally probs wouldnt have the SRT8 over the likes of a Range Rover, purely because of the prestige of the car, i class a range as a bentley that can go through fields....but i would like a go of one of them SRT8's.

The SRT8 in that video though must be a hell of a drag weapon, my brother also used to own an E60 M5, and thats the fastest thing ive drove behind his 911 turbo s, it litterally give me a wow factor on speed, in any gear so to see it hand that M5 its arse like that amazes me, you sure he had M button on lol?