ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tune point

mondeo titanium tdci
Just ordered one of these from Renault for my cabasse tuner list hu will they work with my i phone 4s

People in the past have had issues but i imagine sorted by now. Shouldve bought the connects 2 unit for half the price but same functions

mondeo titanium tdci
Im in the motor trade and we spend alot with our local Renault dealer didn't think £100 was 2 bad hope it works fingers
crossed can you update the software in the tunepoint?

mondeo titanium tdci
Will it work with a cabasse hu tuner list some people say they do some people say they don't I can always return it I
suppose
I will try your option if it dont work

Honestly, i would not know. Ive never sold one nor used one. It works in the same way as a cd changer so should be no issues there

I have the Cabasse and tune point works fine. At the moment I just use it with USB though.

I paid £50 iirc for mine from someone off here so I dont know how old it is or what version it is (if there are many)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
tbh ive never tried as i use a usb stick. only use my phone when it needs charging. you can access all the phones menu but as soon as you go into music it comes up with a "connected" screen not letting you able to select a different playlist, hence selecting one before connection, although you can still skip track on the stalk control while connected. ill check in a mo when i shoot to the car and get back to you as ive got a few playlists on my phone and get back to you.

mondeo titanium tdci
Cheers for all the information guys sounds a good bit of kit
Has anyone got photos of this fitted in there glove box

Last edited:
I drilled a hole in the side of the glovebox for mine and have ran the 3.5mm jack down the centre console and into the ashtray (as I dont smoke) so if I want to use it I dont have the glovebox open and if I dont its still hidden away.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Ok so here goes.

The iPhone will only work with the tune point lead for sound and charging. The standard iPod lead will only charge.

Once iPhone is connected via tune point it will start to charge. You can access the whole menu but once you select music it will come up with a accessory connected screen meaning you can't select tracks via phone, only stalk control. The lower button on the stalk will not change playlist or artist, therefore you have to select this on the phone before connecting.

Plugging in a USB stick and you can access both skip track and next album/play list.

Having both connected and the USB stick takes priority. You can change from radio to cd to USB but iPhone will not get recognised, even though it is connected and charging.

Every now and then the tune point will not recognise the iPhone or USB stick and give a single beep. Just turn off the stereo and turn it instantly back on and your good to go again.

I have fed the tune point lead through the back of my head unit and velcro'd the tune point box under the glove box.

83c29dd5.gif

Hope that helps :)

Last edited: