ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy misfire on cylinder 3, and now cylinder 4?

Trophy #392
Right Ive not long had the 72k service done on the trophy at btm, and I was aware that it had a misfire as it was running lumpy and EML was flashing on idle, turns out it was on cylinder 3 and when the spark plug was removed it was completely black.

Anyway with the service done and the plugs changed it smoothed the lumpiness on idle out a fair bit but was faintly still their, since then I have changed the coil pack which didnt really make any difference but haven't seen the flashing eml since.

Now the engine light has just came on continuosly so I plugged my code reader in and I got code P0304 misfire in cylinder 4 as well as the cylinder 3 misfire, I'm after a set of HT leads in the 'wanted' section, Ive got to go with the cheapest options first. but I have that gut feeling there not going to sort it. What could be the problem first cylinder 3, now cylinder 4? I hope its just the HT leads......... Wish me look!

Lionel Richie
still got a misfire? Injectors, lambda and CTs are all common causes

DO NOT buy 2nd hand ignition parts, NEW ONLY!

Trophy #392
Yep still missing but cylinder 4 has now caught it off cylinder 3 lol

How much are the leads new?

Should I just go through the list replacing the cheapest option first?

Lionel Richie
they're only £50 or so new

its a bit of a weird one yours, had one do the same thing the other week and it turned out to be injector AND CTS, you can borrow another set of injectors and try them to see if that sorts it if you want? free

Trophy #392
Just want it sorted so I can start getting a few things for it, also want to get the aux belt done just after xmas as well

Trophy #392
How weird, the constant eml was gone today so after driving it for a bit I plugged the code reader in and all the fault codes are gone?? Even the original cylinder 3 misfire code :s

SQ5
I'd say so. But check all individually.

Ideally you'll want two of you.

Whip the rail off and crank the car over, you should see which one doesn't spray correctly then!

Blk/Gold 182 FF
did you get this sorted? Im having the exact same issue with the flashing eml light - lumpy on idle, then it flashes - drive off, stops flashing :S

ive changed plugs, leads and injectors - i had a live fault missfire in cylinder 3 which caused a constant EML light, then i changed the injectors and now thats stopped but i have a flashing EML now on idle :S

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i know all yours are petrol engines but iv got ( well did till i gave up ) a dci that had an intermitant 3 cylinder misfire with constant EML then runs on all four perfectly.

iirrcc its got to be the injectors... in my case it was