ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

traffic dci injectors

172,scenic, trafic
well i have the dreaded 2.0 dci lump in my trafic, i say dreaded cos altho its done 87000 miles from new by me and has been absolutely perfect so far bar a faulty air flow meter its well known for injectors going down. now it would appear they are almost impossible to get out as the water that drains from the screen fills the injector wells and welds them in. so anything i can do to try to ease this should it happen to mine? was thinking of wd 40 in the injector holes or something?
my thinking is if the water seeps into the threads enough to weld them in then wd40 over a period of time might help?
failing that does anyone no of a good way to remove them or someone that does it? i no of several plumbers that are paying upwards of 1200 to replace an injector apparently!

Volvo S60 T5
Special tooling required to get them out only as they are tighter than my wallet !
you can use penetrating oil or cellulose thinners to soak in for a short time to help.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
sell the screen up now and minimise it i belive there is now a ots that covers the injectors not sure on the rules, we have used a company called pearce bros before.
when they snap though oh dear

Volvo S60 T5
They will get stuck in no matter what you do, and lube you put on them will burn off when hot and they have a plastic cover over them anyway which helps a bit.
Done a few and a few pumps as well its a common problem.

Megane dci 130
The special tool does work well. But well worth a soak with cilit bang. It's excellent at eating away the corrosion around the injectors.

As lemon bobby said well worth a phone call to your local dealer as there maybe a contribution towards the costs.

172,scenic, trafic
Ok thanks for all the help. It does and always has run like a dream but am getting worried about t now.lol. will look into the ots thing.