ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trackday Claim for hitting another car

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
RIP to the biker who died.

Even on a bike a fatality at a trackday is massively rare, so I agree with the description of "freak accident".

Happens more than I think people realize though mate. Because many tend to die in hospital as opposed to track side it doesn't get made a big of a deal.

182cup & 172 racecar
After we raced at Cadwell, I stayed the next day to watch the morning session on a bike track day. boy there was some expensive and serious machinery out there, plus they were going for it. Fair play to them I say.

Upside is,( if there is such a thing), he died doing something he enjoyed, and not getting hit by a bus.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
After we raced at Cadwell, I stayed the next day to watch the morning session on a bike track day. boy there was some expensive and serious machinery out there, plus they were going for it. Fair play to them I say.

Upside is,( if there is such a thing), he died doing something he enjoyed, and not getting hit by a bus.

Agreed.

Im hoping to die on my yacht aged 100, assassinated by the jealous lover of one of my teenage girlfriends, but dieing on a sportsbike would be a close second :)

Bump this again, remember the worse case scenario?

Well just happened this weekend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-24426442

RIP.

RIP to the biker who died.

Even on a bike a fatality at a trackday is massively rare, so I agree with the description of "freak accident".

Not entirely true - it's a lot more common than people think. My girlfriend has been paramedic at 5 bike track days - 3 of them required air ambulance and one of those guys was in a coma for 2 months and all the doctors thought he wouldn't pull through.

Bikes are dangerous and unfortunately on track days there's even more heros than car trackdays

Not entirely true - it's a lot more common than people think. My girlfriend has been paramedic at 5 bike track days - 3 of them required air ambulance and one of those guys was in a coma for 2 months and all the doctors thought he wouldn't pull through.

Bikes are dangerous and unfortunately on track days there's even more heros than car trackdays

yep having done a few myself i have seen big accidents at every one i attended , serious injuries on bike track days are as common as they are at the ring , death less so though fortunately.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

That sounds like some nasty accidents but even still no fatalities in that sample of trackdays.

Would be interesting to see some overall statistics, personally im of the opinion its probably only a couple of deaths a year out of all the hundreds of trackdays run.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
True. Last year when we went to the ring two bikers died on the first day of us being there, very unnerving considering we hadn't been out yet!

There are a LOT of stories about deaths of bikers, basically every time the track shuts more or less a pitlane rumour starts its bikers killed, and most of the time it isnt.
Only stat I know of thats in anyway official is in one year (20002 I think it was as I started my plans to go in 2003 and found the stat then when planning and I think it was for the year before) there were 10 deaths at the track according to the police in adenau.

Its slightly misleading how they report fatalities though, if you are alive when you go into the ambulance you are classed as an injury even if you are dead before you get to the hospital as you didnt actually die at the track!

182cup & 172 racecar
Thats why very few racing drivers die at the circuit.
Bad publicity. They die on arrival..

Senna for eg.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thats why very few racing drivers die at the circuit.
Bad publicity. They die on arrival..

Senna for eg.

Yeah, phrases like "died from complications arising from his injuries caused by the accident" or similar tends to be the wording to make it sound like the crash didnt kill them but some unlucky thing that happened at the hospital.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
How quickly the ring re-opens after a fatality considering its classified as a road certainly shows a difference between german and english efficiency with regards to the processing of the dead.