ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trackday 172

Clio 172 track car
Hi all, myself, my stepson and our friend have pitched in together and bought Ventura's silver 172 purely as a track day toy, gonna be doing some tidying up and fitting a cage but looking forward to getting out and having some fun in it, as we're all renault virgins I'm sure we will need some advice from time to time, but cliosport was the place we were advised to come.
hopefully catch up with some of you guys soon :D

WRX
Hi Micky, worth becoming a paid member as you get to see the guides, as well as trader discounts etc. which may be helpful to you.
Whereabouts are you from?

Clio 172 track car
Hi, I think my stepson is gonna do the paid membership, he mentioned it earlier I'm sure he'll introduce himself shortly and we're from Stevenage Herts

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome chaps,

Nothing like a track toy for a bit of father son bonding! Love projects with my old man.

Clio 172 track car
Hi, yeah Karl's a good lad, like me he loves his cars, he's majorly into detailing and his Astra VXR is not only seriously clean its bloody quick too at around 300hp, he got flashed by the cameras on the M25 a while back doing 125mph and so this project is the result of a long chat in the pub to take our need for speed off the roads and onto the tracks

PH1 172 (Track Car)
Best place to do it IMO... keep it on the track! Much more fun that way too.... all the best with the project!

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Welcome to the forum chap,
Im in Bedford. So your not too far away.
There will be another meet in the near future if your interested.

Clio 172 track car
I'm sure some of you guys will recognise this one but here is our car, looking a lot cleaner than when we bought it
image_zpsfda09781.jpg

Clio 172 track car
At the moment I think we're aiming for Bedford autodrome on 25th or 26th march, gotta get my 4x4 roadworthy again first so we can trailer our clio around

PH1 172 Track Car
Hi all, thanks for the welcome. I am Micky's stepson. As Mick has already said, after I had very lucky escape on the M25, it was time to get a track car. Between the 3 of us we decided we wanted something RWD and turbo but after a good couple of months we couldnt find anything within our budget. After randomly searching eBay i found the clio with 8 hours left to run and after ummm'ing and ahh'ing we put a bid in and next thing we know, we had ourselves a car.

Im very pleased with the Clio so far and after searching about on the forum it would seem we have found ourselves a well sorted car. Im not very mechanically minded so im hoping to learn a thing or two along the way and hopefully we will get to do a fair few track days this year and have some fun!!

Since we got the car from Ventura we have given it a damn good clean and some TLC. Our mate Coxxy spent some time tidying up the wiring inside. Nothing removed just tucked neatly out the way. After driving it home in the rain, the rear wiper decided to jump ship and it snapped off. So we thought we may as well remove the whole lot. The wiper motor was a pain to remove due to the type of bolt its held in with, so after being careful trying to get it out in 1, Mick decided brute force was in order and broke it off. Job done.

Our next job is to find and replace a dodgy/broken abs sensor.