ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toms Project Jelly Belly

VECTRA 1.9 CLIO 182
Hi all, thought id start my project thread after finally picking up my clio just yesterday.

Done 93000 miles with full and comprehensive service history inc belts and came with to my surprise a custom stainless steel tony banks cat back exhaust.

All for a meager £2000

My previous motors have been (prepares for flaming):
Vauxhall corsa 1.2 sxi
Vauxhall Corsa 1.8 Sri 1.8 Turbo 260 BHP

97708e03.gif

and now onto My clio

Bought it one because it was a bargain and 2 simply because of spiraling costs involved with motoring and modifying i simply realistically couldnt afford anything too extravagant like my all time favourite car the celica GT4.

Anyway enough rambelling

20130510_151059_zps66b7d977.gif

20130510_151044_zps7f7962a3.gif

20130510_151034_zpsc33f9527.gif

Less than 2 days after taking ownership of the car my first mod some custom made one off jelly belly air fresheners:

20130510_155025_zpseb50f6bc.gif

Tom

VECTRA 1.9 CLIO 182
Looks like a good base to start with :) any plans?

Not really thought about much, first make sure everything is tip top get it on some rollers see how it is health wise.

I am going to relocate the battery first job to free up a load of engine space.

Im sure this will snowball.

VECTRA 1.9 CLIO 182
I bet that Corsa flew!

Why are the Jelly Belly's one off custom made? They look like the normal ones :p

It did mate was an awesome car, very underated engines most people go for zlets/zleh conversions but the 1.8 z18xe engines respond really well to forced induction and are surprisingly strong. Mine was running between 260-270bhp on standard internals with only minor wear when the engine was stripped for a forged rebuild but it never got that far and i had to sell.

There not custom jelly belly i was takin the mick :p

Ah that sounds awesome! Shame you had to sell it. You should've kept it as a sleeper and put 1.2 badges on lol.

And oh right, well don't I look silly :p try the blue one when you get chance, its amazing!

VECTRA 1.9 CLIO 182
Seen as though the clio for me lacks space in the engine bay relocating the battery seems a good idea.

jutyzu2u.jpg

9asytusy.jpg

pubyte2u.jpg

VECTRA 1.9 CLIO 182
Still not got some decent pictures of the car yet or gone for a proper drive either.

Couple of faults:

Clutch stinks when its given death.

The exhaust doesnt sit perfectly central to the bumper slots which is a bit annoying.

Anybody any experience of a clio 182 with a lightened flywheel and fastroad clutch setup?

Tom

VECTRA 1.9 CLIO 182
Another little fault has appeared, seems a brake caliper has become a bit sticky so i need get the car up on stands and give it thorough check for and sort everything out.