ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom’s 55 ‘RB 182’

RB Clio 182
Looking great! :smiley:
What sealant did you use by chance?
I ussd autoglym egp on the paint and on the wheels i used autoglym wheel sealant, i am proper happy with how they worked on rb and the cup alloys, those products have really made the colours pop, and the wheel sealant looks like the wheels have had a new coat of lacquer applied, awesome!

RB Clio 182
Hahaha cheers everyone :up:

I bought a few bits and bobs today, a new cabin filter, it definitely needed changing!

FFECF698-8046-4FBF-B9BA-EEDF72E60060.jpeg

I also fitted a new thermostat as the temperature needle used to move slightly from just above half to just below half, now its bang on and doesnt move when its up to temp.

I noticed on the mot advisory it needed a new bottom ball joint, so i bought a new one but i didnt have time to fit that.

I also like the new car smelly trees and noticed that they do a rubber one now in RB to match the car :cool:

E03C0A4E-C07B-4941-966D-7ACBDAA4F147.jpeg

I wasnt 100% happy with the exhaust tips, so i got myself the trusty old autosol..

6D86CB7F-7997-47FB-9634-A0FF3FC2AB23.jpeg

and now im more happy with them, although they still arnt 100%, ill finish them off tomorrow.

5F9BF653-E514-4744-9DA8-DD0457C7DEDB.jpeg

I also started polishing the aircon pipes but got bored, so ill finish them off tomorrow too haha.

RB Clio 182
There is nothing more satisfying than getting the autosol out and polishing the living hell out of your tip.
Haha, youre right mate, and when you finally buff it off with a clean microfibre and they go all slippery and shiny i feel rate good abart misen :tongueclosed:

Theres a few stubborn bits around the rim that are taking abit of shifting, and i was starting to get w*****s cramp so ill tackle them again tomorrow.

RB Clio 182
Im going to renault/nissan in a moment to pick up 5l of type d coolant and a oem oil filter but they havnt got any elf oil only nissan equivalent, theres a halfords and a eurocarparts nearby, any recommendations on oil please from halfords or euro, or will the nissan oem 5w 40 fully synth be suitable?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
coilover adjustment spanner is my weapon of choice to grip it, works well. then hammer if required for a bit of persuasion

RB Clio 182
Haha, i ended up buying a tool for £5.99 from my local car parts store and it took about 3 seconds to remove, Mint!

Anyway, earlier today i picked up 5litre of renault type D coolant, 5litre of 5w 40 oil and and an oem oil filter/sump plug washer from nissan/renault, unfortunately they didnt do the elf oil, only nissan so i opted for this, its got to be decent stuff being from a main dealer..

10A66F94-25E7-4279-9F3D-CD85B6E62110.jpeg

The oil change was straight forward(apart from removing the filter, but the coolant change was a bit of a b*****d removing the bottom hose etc, i also let it idle for about ten mins and when the fan kicked in it gobbled loads of f**king coolant and i only had a bit left so i had to top it up with water to max, so you do need more than 5litre if you dont want to add a smidge of water.

Looks nice tho, and i did top it up to the max line after i had finished...

AE3B68FA-BFF8-4294-8892-09B272959961.jpeg

Heres a small list of what i will be doing in the near future..

.A new windscreen(stonechip bugs me)

.Fit my bottom ball joint

.Polybush dogbone

.Powerflex engine mount

.Decat

.Rs tuner/efi map

.New pads/discs all round + fluid

.Maybe a steering wheel refurb

Thats it, the car is brilliant i absolutely love it, its high mileage at 118k, but it feels a lot more tight than my arctic did.

Last edited: