ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To buy a Clio 200?

L-Y Clio 197 F1
can't really comment on the 200 but i recently bought the 197 F1. Previously owned a 300bhp astra gsi. That car was lightyears ahead of my 197 in terms of straight line performance, the mpg is pretty dire on them which you're already aware of, it hurts to look at the mpg display to be honest (i suffer from a very heavy right foot)... however... theres just something about it. A car with lots of niggly things wrong with it but once it gets under your skin.... you'll struggle to find a car that you can have that much fun with on your drive to/from work etc. :)

RyanS182

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 200
where at mate? link??

and i'm already paying £2000 more for a cup chassis guys calm down with the poverty spec! :p

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Your biggest constraint is your mileage limit if I'm honest. Get one in warranty and if you are still concerned extend it for a year

What is the advantage of one with low miles? A higher price tag?

RyanS182

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 200
Everyone telling me that things go wrong with the car, so now im paranoid i'm going to end up stuck with a problem car! How much does it cost to extend warranty?

107 Track Car & C4
If it's got good SH and looks as though it's been well maintained it should be ok. Something is going to go wrong with any car at some point, it's just how much it hurts your wallet. Buying a car of a Enthusiast would be best idea IMO, as you should have piece of mind that it has been well looked after, definitely with a car that isn't all that old.

ST
This..
a5aju9ym.jpg

LY 200
If you're looking for an up step on the 182 you won't fail with a 200. It's a massive improvement.

In the last 7 years iv had a 182, 197 and 200 and each time they have been an improvement.

Forget the MPG. These cars are great value for money.

ST
If you're looking for an up step on the 182 you won't fail with a 200. It's a massive improvement.

In the last 7 years iv had a 182, 197 and 200 and each time they have been an improvement.

Forget the MPG. These cars are great value for money.

Agreed, I've had a 172, a 182 an R27 now the 200.. It's so f'n planted!! I love it, only has it 5 hrs, mixture of booting it and motorway, 28.9mpg tho MPG doesn't bother me, my prev RS clios didn't get much more than 32, if you care about MPG that much buy a derv.

is it worth travelling 240 miles to check out a car what has 26,000 more miles on the clock but has recaro seats and guide me home lamps, for the same price?

​See me home lights are standard on the 200.

Cup chassis and Recaros are essential options IMO. Everything else can be added later fairly easily, like I did with mine.

Once you turn the car off, pull the stalk for full beams and the headlights will come on for a bit, think its 30 seconds per pull. It shows up on the trip computer how long they'll stay on for when you do it IIRC.

Suzuki Jimny
Once you turn the car off, pull the stalk for full beams and the headlights will come on for a bit, think its 30 seconds per pull. It shows up on the trip computer how long they'll stay on for when you do it IIRC.

WHAT! I'm going to have to try this.

Headlights need to be off first btw, so if you've had them on auto either flick them to off or open the door first.

Or at least they did on my 59 plate Lol.

z4
Any thoughts on buying one which is now out of warranty (ie 09/10) with the right spec. And how about buying a second hand car that has been tracked?

Suzuki Jimny
I would have no problem buying one that has been used on track as generally they would be better maintained than one that doris has used to pop down to the shops in running on budget tyres.

RB 200
Had a 11 plate RS200 cup for just over a month now. After three saxo's I know french build quality is pants, so I accept thing will start to fall off at some point.
It is a bit thirsty.
Its not that quick in a straight line, the exhausts make it sound faster than it is (40 sounds like your doing 80, which is abit annoying).
Althought it sings over 5k. I'm only just scratching the surface with the handling. But I need some Recaros, the standard seats are like sitting on a bouncy castle when it gets bumpy. Get thrown about all over the place, although they are comfy when you are driving at normal speeds.

RyanS182

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 200
Been quite busy with work and looking for a decent 200 so haven't had time to pop on here. It's driving me up the wall now, I can't find a decent one with low enough miles at all. Sat in the recaros and renaultsport seats a few weeks ago and I'll not be bothering with the recaros, I found the standard seats 10x comfier! Going to view a liquid yellow 200 on a 59 plate with 12k OTC, so hopefully this will be the one because I'm starting to get bored/annoyed/pissed off.

next point, I want honest opinions here. Is the cup chassis really worth the £2-3k extra people seem to lump on the asking price? I've been looking around at reviews and 90% say the cup chassis has very limited effect, and isn't much difference from normal. Views guys? I'm not going to be rallying around a track so do I really need the cup chassis?