ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To buy a Clio 200?

RyanS182

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 200
How important would you say the cup chassis is? Looking at one here for £10k with 10k miles on with no cup chassis, and a £13k one with 3k miles and cup chassis.. worth it?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Tbh, the standard chassis and seats are just as capable as the cup chassis and recaros... But if you're paying top dollar, you may as well go all out.

recaros
climate
bluetooth
cup chassis
speedlines
projector lights

but that's just me :dapprove:

why not look at r27 197s? Cup chassis and recaros as standard, then you just need to find xenons and climate control :) it saved me time and money :)

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
All this 200 talk is making me think should I finally replace the 182 for one?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I properly love my 197..... Still. It's my second, and will have had it three years come September. Properly love the way you can grapple it round a good twisty B road. Build is acceptable, have awesome road presence. Engine sings above 5k, and touch wood both boxes in mine have been spot on, definitely recommend an oil change every 12 months on them. All I've done is remap, panel filter and fitted some kw v1s. Perfect. Sound well out the box too IMO.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I had a sit in Dan at 519's 197 with normal seats in, they're still really supportive and a lot more coumfy. Thats a point you could use the get price down too.

​You'll never look back!

I'd not have anything different, other than maybe a nicer cloth. If they were nicer trimmed they'd be as good as Williams seats The Recaros trigger my back to seize up

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I think that's the point though. Cars with 100bhp more and double the torque are getting the same mpg!

Don't get me wrong, i'm on your side, I love the cars, but the MPG is dreadful in comparison to the performance.

This is what I'm fighting in my head at the moment. I'm even considering buying a 200 box for the 197 to get the slightly longer 5th and 6th. I've just owned cars that are SO much faster that use less fuel it kills me every time I click through the trip computer

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Possibly. You get similar mpg/performance out of an ep3, yet somehow that's acceptable. Mine have both sat at 28/29 mpg over a tank from full to fumes. That's ok IMO

E92 325D
Recaros....uncomfy? Cant have them set right for you. Need to be sitting properly upright. I did 2500miles in a week around Europe and never once felt they were uncomfy.

Ok once i tried to hop in and ended up castrating myself, but thats not seat comfort!

I do agree about the standard seats though, they are mega comfy and hold you pretty damn well for standard seating but like Danny says, the trim is lacking considerably. Gordini's leather is nice. But the Recaros make the interior.

Mine will be up for sale soon for a 250. THE spec to have, even with the questionable Cup spoiler.

Im the same as Gaz, sits at 29mpg all day long. When using it for the run to work, it averages 34 over a tank.

Last edited:
  E92 325D
When i specced mine, it had to be Full Fat because i couldnt live without the refinements and it HAD to have....

Cup chassis (for the handling, quicker rack and red brakes)
Satin Black Speedlines (Better looking than the 5 spokers)
Recaros (for the butt hugging)
Cup spoiler (because racecar)
Tunepoint radio (For bluetooth handsfree and ipod control)
Cornering lights (Looks 10000x better than reflectors)
Yellow I.D pack (To compliment next option)
Liquid yellow of course :) (Because it looks amazing in the sun)

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
When i specced mine, it had to be Full Fat because i couldnt live without the refinements and it HAD to have....

Cup chassis (for the handling, quicker rack and red brakes)
Satin Black Speedlines (Better looking than the 5 spokers)
Recaros (for the butt hugging)
Cup spoiler (because racecar)
Tunepoint radio (For bluetooth handsfree and ipod control)
Cornering lights (Looks 10000x better than reflectors)
Yellow I.D pack (To compliment next option)
Liquid yellow of course :) (Because it looks amazing in the sun)

Pretty much the same spec I went for :) Bar the yellow for Pearl white.

E92 325D
In my eyes it had to have those to sell on second hand. All the second hand ones i looked at i just skipped past if they missed basic options

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
In my eyes it had to have those to sell on second hand. All the second hand ones i looked at i just skipped past if they missed basic options

I think because of the finance options were competitive a lot of people went for boggy standards. Not that there's anything wrong with the basic car, but that's mostly all I see for sale.

PB Clio 172
I know you want a 200 but have u thought about a 1*2 ??

Better mpg
Lighter
Can buy them for under 2k ish
Spend the saved money on mods
Better gearbox imo
All the extras the 200 will have auto lights, a/c, climate, auto wipers etc.
More of a raw feel

Hope this may help

Suzuki Jimny
I know you want a 200 but have u thought about a 1*2 ??

Better mpg
Lighter
Can buy them for under 2k ish
Spend the saved money on mods
Better gearbox imo
All the extras the 200 will have auto lights, a/c, climate, auto wipers etc.
More of a raw feel

Hope this may help

They are completely different cars.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
More rattles, gruff drive train, crap seats, steering wheel etc etc ;)

RyanS182

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 200
Im just stuck between a new one with plenty warranty because of everyone saying they have issues.. Or a specced up one with more miles and no warranty

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
  ST
Poverty spec.

Flol.. Nothing like being straight to the point.

I'm picking up my GW 200 tomo.. 60 plate, 1 owner 26k.
Spec as follows: full leather, carbon dash, climate, Bluetooth, speed lines.. Auto lamps and wipers, mp3 cd, Bluetooth.. Paid a little under 10k with extended warranty.

PB Clio 172
I know they are different cars never said there wernt but for 10k ish you could turbo a 1*2 and have it a really well set up track car. I have been in a 300bhp turbo Clio and nothing comes close it terms of raw fun. The 197/200 took the fun away imo. Not slating the 200 at all it looks great but when you sum everything up...... just think you can save money that's all and still have fun

RyanS182

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 200
is it worth travelling 240 miles to check out a car what has 26,000 more miles on the clock but has recaro seats and guide me home lamps, for the same price?

RyanS182

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 200
I don't just want a quick car, i've loved clio sports since the 182 was released. And the new clio 200t is absolutely w**k so i'm making the most of the last real hot hatch.. My girlfriend will be driving on a daily basis to work because I get a work van so we don't really need a 300bhp 182...

My first car was a the new shape astra sri (10 plate) and i paid just under £22k for it. It had the guide me home white xenons, 19in alloys with ultra low profile tires etc was the bees knees i never seen another astra as nice and still haven't to this day. BUT I had to pay almost £1500 just for the lights. Surely if i didn't bother making that mistake again I could find someone to fit them cheaper and save myself all the hassle of looking up and down the country for a little extra spec?

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
7268549230_36876a86e6_c.jpg

mmm :rasp:

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Haha, bought the right car :clap:
Done by edge automotive (from what people have said, I have no paperwork)