ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time to Sell?

I've had my 182 since last July and I absolutely love it, but even in that short space of time, I've started to feel the pinch.

Admitedly I have started seeing a girl in Leeds so the mileage is a little higher than I had predicted, but with the budget meaning vehicle tax is to increase next year on top of ever increasing fuel prices (a litre of Tesco value petrol now costs the same as v power did when I bought the car and is only going to get higher..) I really am starting to feel it in the pocket.

I can also only forsee resale prices falling faster than previously predicted due not only to the newer models being more popular than they showed at first and the exponentially increasing cost of running a less than economical car forcing people to bend to the green lobbies wishes, but also because of fears of a general global financial slowdown.

Now maybe I'm being a bit over the top and a bit premature, and it really would take a lot for me to downgrade again to a more economical car, but I'm interested to see if anyone else (obviously not those of you with uber-jobs..) is starting to question the sensibility in keeping their 1*2 in the current financial climate..

Firstly well done on a well written thread, makes a change to read the Queens English for a change.

I'm not in an immediate hurry to sell the 182 due to the increasing costs, however it has made me think twice about my next choice of car... I can imagine myself getting a diesel Audi or similar now.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
im looking to sell up,wanted a vee but let down by the build quality,really heartbroken! now i want a 197 cup in white. question is do i part ex or sell privately? dealer is easier,but painful!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
i see your point??! is it on finance! i sold my elise (new s) for my cup as i was fed up of another bill (finance) the 182 still is pretty cheap for value for money - but if your doing a fair few miles theres better cars out there for you i agree ;)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't be so sure about getting a diesel Fubar, it won't be long until the government taxes that into oblivion too

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Used car expert on the radio this morning predicting an 8% drop in used car values, except for those in the lowest tax bracket. At the end of the day, if the extra tax (£100ish) and a 1-2% increase in fuel bills would make a car too expensive to run, I'd say I couldn't really afford it in the 1st place.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
the government wont be happy untill were all driving around in these imo :( sad

borring shitty car

Last edited:
  2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Used car expert on the radio this morning predicting an 8% drop in used car values, except for those in the lowest tax bracket. At the end of the day, if the extra tax (£100ish) and a 1-2% increase in fuel bills would make a car too expensive to run, I'd say I couldn't really afford it in the 1st place.

agree!

E90
Amen to that first post up there ^^^ that one sums up the rest , blaming the government yadda yadda yadda

'51, 172
well ive had my 172 just over a week and its better on fuel than my last car (mk4 astra 2.2sri) so at the minute im not too bothered but i can see the way things are going that a diesel might be the best option for my next chariot:(

172 rs
had the car 3 days absoloute minter but if the costs of running such vechile are gonna be high it might be time to switch again not good

BMW M135i
In no rush to sell as it stands and will probably still go for the rs megane i'm hankering after for the next bus.