ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time Attack Build Begins (Cage in!!!)

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
Right, havent updated in a while, not that i have done much!!

So....

Decided to mount the oil cooler, in prep for the engine to go in. Felt that mounting it to the front cross member would be best, as it allowed good airflow through the bumper, and was a solid beam to mount to.

084-vi.jpg

I had to make up a small bracket to mount the right hand side of the cooler, as you cant get into the beam to tighten the bolts ( as i wanted it to be removable)

002-vi.jpg

Must of missed that, lol

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup
i would love a set of uprated engine mounts, but the only ones i have seen so far are the one's Yozzasport can supply (as linked by d4ve), but i dont have a spare £1000 at the moment.

if you can supply suomething cheaper Yaser get in touch!

I could not find anything Cheaper. The group N renault ones are though very essential. I have had the casing of the gearbox and my LSD cracked due to too much movement. The poly dog bone is not good enough as if you look at the metal sleeves where the screws go, you will find that they are not tight enough (wider than the screws)!

clio 200 F4Rt
quick update as i have been a bit slack lately....

had first round of Time Attack last weekend, but had a few little bits to do before, mainly fit the new suspension....

Set of AST coilovers re-valved and sprung to Cup car rates.

9-vi.jpg

013-vi.jpg

029-vi.jpg

and car went to a mates to have graphics supplied and applied, then it was a case of gettting it on the trailer ready to go...

001-vi.jpg

004-vi.jpg

and that is all!

Turbo Beige
AST's look really nice, what do you thing of them compared to H&R's?

You planning a ring trip this year?

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
what offset are you running with on the front? looks like -2.0 neg at best, i'd have thought you could have gone for more as it's a pure track machine....

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
what offset are you running with on the front? looks like -2.0 neg at best, i'd have thought you could have gone for more as it's a pure track machine....

not sure with them spring rates, i run a high poundage too and its hard to get any traction on road tyres on anything more than 2.2-ve IMO

braking is fun too.

clio 200 F4Rt
susupension hasnt been setup yet, was thrown on at the last minute.

so will be tackiling camber etc in the next few weekends.

AST's with the setup i have on them are alot stiffer than anything i have used before.

PYE - at the Ring start of July! :D

Turbo Beige
susupension hasnt been setup yet, was thrown on at the last minute.

so will be tackiling camber etc in the next few weekends.

AST's with the setup i have on them are alot stiffer than anything i have used before.

PYE - at the Ring start of July! :D

What dates? Im there 10-13 July!

clio 200 F4Rt
PYE - i am there 11-14th of July!! going for the 4th year in a row with the Saxo Sports club.

Geesus69 - rears are 750 lbs, not sure on the front (need to double check!)

Johnc172 - seemed to hold up pretty well, the pedal got a bit soft after a while, but didnt get any softer once it hit a point, so think i just need to re-bleed them. Other kit to think about is K-Sport do a 6 pot kit on 286mm disc now too!

you decided where you're having them setup yet Mat?

I'm prolly going to take mine to Pro Sport Scooby gimps again, as they did a top job last time and are only down the road... just bloody expensive :(

Mk2 172

I'm prolly going to take mine to Pro Sport Scooby gimps again, as they did a top job last time and are only down the road... just bloody expensive :(

Id be takin it to powerstation due to the fact that they came from there and they know AST inside out. :)

clio 200 F4Rt
most likely will take it to Mark Fish for a full setup, dont think anyone can argue that he knows race clio's better than anyone!

Mk2 172
most likely will take it to Mark Fish for a full setup, dont think anyone can argue that he knows race clio's better than anyone!

Hes pretty good ive heard but havin said that powerstation do support and supply suspension for loads of racing teams including a clio based team in germany. Curtis is constantly on at tracks all round the world sorting out suspension on many many race cars. Just a thought! :)

Id be takin it to powerstation due to the fact that they came from there and they know AST inside out. :)

I dont have AST's on mine fella. You about in a bit, I'll drop you a line

Clio Cup by RIKUS
Hello mate your car is veryvery nice!!!
and your engine look fantastic!!! do you know yet how much BHP you get out that F4r

i'm also crasy about time atack but we don't have that yet where i live!!

How costly is a time attack season???

Last edited:
  clio 200 F4Rt
yeah, didnt do Knockhill. 9 hours each way, 2 nights hotel, fuel, food etc etc.

so spent time getting car perfect.

Silverstone a week sunday.

CWG

Subaru Impreza

I'll come and introduce myself to you at Silverstone i'll be there as i'm sponsoring Shane Smith in the Abbey Motorsport Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R so i get pit access

As the one in the pic below

COL_8555.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Well worth it! We used to do buckmore park from glasgow when we were racing. 9hrs each way! Dedication...Or stupidity! Or both!

PH1 172
Was at JTS yesterday and watched you in the time attack mate, car looked brilliant and sounded great...! :evil: Whens the next round?