ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time Attack Build Begins (Cage in!!!)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
BTW that grip tape on the floor lasts about 2-3 hours of hard driving.

I was about to go loco about the filters until i read the comment on the airbox!
Do you have images of the box yet?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Probably lighter than the manual setup, still works just no a/c.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
It would probably be quite nice to have full CC in the summer races heh ;)

Dan

clio 200 F4Rt
in theory the heaters etc still work... well if i could get the controls to power up and work!! lol.

Thought i would try the grip tape, no loss if it dont last!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah its cheap enough, looks good.
Ive been told theres a really thick type that lasts well, will post when i get some.

M

mini-valver

Dash looks amazing mate! Is it easy enough to take out? I'm going to get Autoflock to do mine after the stories I've heard about Suffolk, doesn't exactly inspire confidence, lol!

Mat, short of junking my Ph1 dash for a Ph2, what options are there for making it look better other than flocking. I liked the idea, but having seen them it's not what I had pictured in my mind and dont think it will suit my car having full interior etc... may just remove the plastics and spray them black...

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
looking amazing that is, the dash is p**n along with the seats engine and pretty much everything else lol

1.2 16V MKII
:eek: my god, i havnt seen anything like it, that dash is insane an for the engine bay...time for a new clean pair of boxers, god thats sexy..lol:star:

RB 182 Special.
I cannot even begin to express how fabulous I think this car is. Hats off to you, I can't wait for further updates and to see what it's like when finished. :D

Turbo Beige
My dash was flocked by Central Blast Cleaning in Banbury and it is really even with no lumps etc.

What have you done about the gearbox? Did you go for a LSD?

clio 200 F4Rt
cheers for all the positive comments guys!

PYE21 - its just running a normal box at the mo, budget didnt stretch far enough for a diff.

If all goes well tho, next year phase 2 might come into play, which may well include a Sadev! :D

clio 200 F4Rt
PYE - yes, will be at some point. just ran out of time before the weekend.

cal46 - cheers mate, will do all i can! :D

clio 200 F4Rt
will be here tomorrow AM.

taken half day off work to get it fitted.

just in the nick of time!

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
have you fit the extinguisher? or are you using a hand held?

Last edited:
  megan R26.R number 006
where are you having it setup ? as it would make sense to have it corner waited i know andy has not got the facility's for that i would say mark fish would be your best option he know's his clio's very well

clio 200 F4Rt
have you fit the extinguisher? or are you using a hand held?

i do have the plumbed in system, but ran out of time to install it properly, so got a hand held for the first round.

then will sort it out along with a load of other stuff before round 2.

clio 200 F4Rt
where are you having it setup ? as it would make sense to have it corner waited i know andy has not got the facility's for that i would say mark fish would be your best option he know's his clio's very well

again, due to lack of time will be fitting and setting up myself for round one, then will get it done properly.

Possibly use Mark Fish, as thats what he does best.

megan R26.R number 006

again, due to lack of time will be fitting and setting up myself for round one, then will get it done properly.

Possibly use Mark Fish, as thats what he does best.

i would give mark a call if you are going to use him as he is always stacked out with work there is a place near stafford that are good to if you cant get booked in with mark

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup
From my experience, if you are running on slicks and having good grip round corners, you will definetly need uprated engine mounts. I advise that you do that to save damaging the gearbox. It will also improve handling. Renault Sport can do the group N ones. If you need the part numbers, let me know.

Yaser

ITB'd MK1
From my experience, if you are running on slicks and having good grip round corners, you will definetly need uprated engine mounts. I advise that you do that to save damaging the gearbox. It will also improve handling. Renault Sport can do the group N ones. If you need the part numbers, let me know.

Yaser

It's already running poly dog-bone bushes. Your grp N dog-bone bush does look good though

ITB'd MK1
do you know if the renaultsport gpn N ones fit the road car? the solid are they not?

Yaser has them on his road car. They're stiff and it's essentially a track car. They do a good job of stopping the box jumping out of gear which he had trouble with on track

clio 200 F4Rt
i would love a set of uprated engine mounts, but the only ones i have seen so far are the one's Yozzasport can supply (as linked by d4ve), but i dont have a spare £1000 at the moment.

if you can supply suomething cheaper Yaser get in touch!

Right, havent updated in a while, not that i have done much!!

So....

Decided to mount the oil cooler, in prep for the engine to go in. Felt that mounting it to the front cross member would be best, as it allowed good airflow through the bumper, and was a solid beam to mount to.

084-vi.jpg

I had to make up a small bracket to mount the right hand side of the cooler, as you cant get into the beam to tighten the bolts ( as i wanted it to be removable)

002-vi.jpg