ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Three-A Tyres - thoughts of those who've actually used them

Renault Clio RS 182
As most of us have discovered, the lack of cars running 205x45x16 has meant rubber in that size is pretty expensive across all of the main brands. I was just interested to see if anyone has fitted Three-A tyres and what they thought of them. I know we all have opinions on budget tyres but I'm primarily interested to find out the opinions of those who've actually used them.

Huge thanks as always.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Watching with interest. Never heard of three A tyres. I've just looked on their website. It's not very easy to navigate or find a specific tyre?
I've always used Camskil. There are a plethora of tyres in 205 x 45 x 16 to suit all budgets and requirements.

Renault Clio RS 182
You're right, the site's not easy to navigate but the one for our car would be the P606. There's a link to it here.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You're right, the site's not easy to navigate but the one for our car would be the P606. There's a link to it here.

I'll be honest with you. I've never even heard of a P606 tyre 🤔 but looking on Google, it's a proper Billy budget tyre with very poor reviews. I'm assuming it's for a 182? Can I ask why you're looking at such a poor performing tyre?
Screenshot_20240323_073944_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Be able to see the tread pattern easily when the car is upside down in a ditch or on a recovery truck when you failed to stop in time thou🤣

If I went to view a car for sale and it had 3A tyres on it would say this owner gives no f***s whatsoever about his car maintenance etc.

Renault Clio RS 182
I'll be honest with you. I've never even heard of a P606 tyre 🤔 but looking on Google, it's a proper Billy budget tyre with very poor reviews. I'm assuming it's for a 182? Can I ask why you're looking at such a poor performing tyre? View attachment 1685035

My 182 is currently shod in Michelin Pilot Sport 3 all round and they're a very good tyre. Before I relieve myself of another circa £600 for a new set, I was just interested in getting the opinions of people who've used a set of these. There's an eBay seller whose sold 123 sets of these and I imagine a lot of them would have been to our community, so 'we' are using them.

Renault Clio RS 182
Be able to see the tread pattern easily when the car is upside down in a ditch or on a recovery truck when you failed to stop in time thou🤣

If I went to view a car for sale and it had 3A tyres on it would say this owner gives no f***s whatsoever about his car maintenance etc.
May not always be the case... certainly wouldn't be here but then I've got two lever arch folders of genuine Renault parts and service invoices for my 3 owner 80K 182 going back to the original bill of sale... and a portfolio of photographic evidence for all the work I've undertaken.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
My 182 is currently shod in Michelin Pilot Sport 3 all round and they're a very good tyre. Before I relieve myself of another circa £600 for a new set, I was just interested in getting the opinions of people who've used a set of these. There's an eBay seller whose sold 123 sets of these and I imagine a lot of them would have been to our community, so 'we' are using them.

£600?

IMG_3397.jpeg

Renault Clio RS 182
OK, fair enough... but they're averaging £130-£150 fitted as opposed to £40 a pop for the Three-A... Can you give me the link to the above BTW I'm sure I'll end up with another set of PS3s anyway.

Renault Clio RS 182
Thanks so much for that... really helpful and really interesting.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
My sons fiesta titanium has the same size tyres as the 182 so I wouldn't conclude that people are using them on sporty cars.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I've only ever really run PS3s on mine, but if you're trying to save a few quid there are some decent options out there from brands you've heard of.
You can get premium contact 6's in 205/45, a much more modern tyre and I think they're well reviewed, rainsports seem to be relatively popular and I think even Avon ZV7s are decent, just not as good of an all rounder as the PS3.
I've only ever seen P606 tyres fitted to crappy cars, seem to be a walk into a tyre shop and ask for the cheapest tyre they've got brand, that's my impression anyway. I'm sure you won't slide off the road and die the second it starts raining, but not a tyre I'd put on a 182 personally.

Renault Clio RS 182
I've a second set of wheels shod in Uniroyal Rainsport 5 - two tyres are excellent... two are 1mm. I've never used them so I may get two new Rainsports and try them for a bit while I cogitate on getting 4 new Pilot Sport 3s.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've a second set of wheels shod in Uniroyal Rainsport 5 - two tyres are excellent... two are 1mm. I've never used them so I may get two new Rainsports and try them for a bit while I cogitate on getting 4 new Pilot Sport 3s.
I used to run Rainsport 2s and 3s on my 182. They were a very good tyre as the name suggests in the wet. But I would only ever get about 5k miles out of 2 tyres.
I've been running Avon ZV7s for a few years now and I can easily get 10k miles out of a set of 2 now. I've found them good in the wet and dry, even when pushing on a bit.
I just order them from Camskill and the local tyre places fits them for me for £10 a wheel.

Renault Clio RS 182
That's very helpful... cheers. I probably do a couple of thousand miles a year at most in the car so my tyres will probably date out before they wear out ! I've always had good respect for Avon as a brand - used their F3 slicks on my modsports GT car back in the day.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Matt... that's £486 for 205x45x16 and I'm probably looking at £80 or so to get them fitted... so not far off £600 again.

BlackCircles have the PS3 for £520, fitted.
Halfords have the PS3 for £502 fitted (you need to join the premium club for £50, but you get a free MOT in return)