ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thoughts on this colour...

Right, currently undecided at the moment - Thinking of painting my brake calipers, which seems to have very mixed opinions :

1) Might as well as it looks better than the standard finish
Or
2) "Why show of the fact you have standard brakes?!"

So I'm in two minds whether to do mine...

The colour I've already decided if I do decide to paint them, well in fact I've already got the paint:

image.jpg

Anyway, I need to choose a colour scheme for some engine bay stuff, so was just thinking calipers exterior wise is all that would be done in purple, and then a little bit of purple in the engine bay

Car is a Black Gold and currently has a carbon scheme going on, see my progress thread for pics as don't want to be seen to keep posting the same pictures of my car haha

Thoughts then people?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You've got the paint so go for it. If you don't like it then paint over it with another colour. Silver or black IMO.

Painted brakes can look good in a wild colour if there's done neatly without brush marks.

I think that will look nice. Get someone to do you a photoshop
I'll do a photoshop sometime, but tbf you'll hardly see them under 182 alloys...although I'm hoping to have some Turinis soon
i wouldn't, isn't your car the lovely clean OEM example with the carbon details?

I'd do the brakes silver or black. It's too clean to kid up with lairy colours.

Imo ofc
It's this one here : http://www.cliosport.net/threads/jimbobs-black-gold-182.778554/

Hopefully it's the lovely, clean one you mentioned haha, if so thanks buddy!

I know what you mean regarding keeping it clean and OEM and I'm in two minds on what to do, don't want to be seen as turning it into a boy racer car, but at the same time just want to add some nice touches - it's a fine line which I don't want to cross

You've got the paint so go for it. If you don't like it then paint over it with another colour. Silver IMO or black IMO.

Painted brakes can look good in a wild colour if there's done neatly without brush marks.

Good point, guess if I don't like them I can just paint them a more OEM colour!

Listerine & Poledo
As above, try it, but if it ends up looking chavvy, garish and devalue the car, it's just a case of spraying them back in silver.

Ex 182 owner
Cars lovely,
I would stick with cliche and go with yellow. I really can't picture purple caliper on your car. It's too clean. Plus you get a bit of tie in with the number plate.

Under the bonnet you can go crazy as it doesn't show when the cars sat.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Up to you at the end of the day bud. Personally I'd steer clear and keep it looking clean, I fear this may cheapen it.

But as others have said, can always go over them. Silver would have my vote.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I like the colour but I would use it under the bonnet instead.
I like the oem+ look on the outside, then BOOM! Bling up the engine bay.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
It is a nice colour.
I don't think it would be that obvious behind the wheels, and that is why I think it will work. If you are going for an accent colour for the rest of the car then it will be fine. And just keep to the BG and purple scheme. Plus it adds a bit of flair to it, like a signature