ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thought on this...

Iceberg Ph1
Hey people not really posted anything up to do with my car since being on here, its a work in progress lets say :rasp:

Doings bits at a time, just finished spraying my badges anthracite and refitted them so just looking on some views, I'm sure this has already been done but hey haha.. I like it anyways so thought I would just share:

Front Badge and Epic Stone Chips!

2009-11-10111252.jpg

Rear Badges and a Nice Dent on the Boot Lid!

2009-11-10111309.jpg

2009-11-10111319.jpg

2009-11-10111327.jpg

I know people think anthracite was sooo yesterday haha but hey :rasp:

Iceberg Ph1
Thanks Russ.. Having some right hassle with the Plenum... poxy painting it is a mission! I think my Hammerite is dodgy.. Its not red, its water! lol..

Yeah I have considered it, but I'm sure I read once that in order to remove it you need to smash the bloody thing off! lmao.. Just hear say?

Iceberg Ph1
Looks good, definitely agree it'd look spot on with a phase 2 bumper :)

Never been to keen on the Ph2 bumper on Ph1's, on the Ph2 they look great, the overall look of the car front and back with its lines and cleaner cut appearance it really suits, the Ph1 are more curved so I honestly don't feel the squareness of the Ph2 rear would suit it one little bit.. Each to there own though, I have seen a lot of the Ph1 with the Ph2 rear, I guess its more personal taste then anything :rolleyes:

CLIO PH1 172
HAHAH lol no its stil ther...

ashame it wasnt my great mind that thought of it tho as i brought the car like it :p

Iceberg Ph1
As some of you may know I had a bit of trouble with some Hammerite Smooth Spray Paint, it wasn't going to plan, so I gave up and left it over night and return to it in the morning to confront the disaster.. To my shock I returned to a nice red Plenum :eek:

So set to work sanding out the RenualtSport and 3 stripes earlier and this is how it turned out.. Its a little rough as the paint wasn't 100% so I am going to go over the rough bits with a tin of Hammerite Smooth Paint but brush on this time.. Anyways here are my hard efforts.. I have my polishing kit turning up in a few days so can't wait to get the writing all buffed up :D

P1010628.jpg

P1010629.jpg

P1010630.jpg

P1010631.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Glad your paint went ok mate, how did you sand the lettering and lines so perfectly? Cool news on the metal polishing kit. I'm sure you'll find more uses for it!

Iceberg Ph1
looks good, thinking about doing the same on mine

I'd say go for it, it makes the engine bay a little more appealing to look at, instead of plan old metal!

How did you get to work with no intake on ? :rasp:

Glad it worked out ok !! damn joke paint lol

Haha, I have no idea :rasp:

Poxy paint, I think I will go with the brush on stuff next time around!

Glad your paint went ok mate, how did you sand the lettering and lines so perfectly? Cool news on the metal polishing kit. I'm sure you'll find more uses for it!

Yeah I was happy when I see it, also shocked! Still needs some touching up mind, thats a job for some of the good old paint pot version..

The lettering, its a secret :rasp: Ok, tell a lie, it was a block of wood with 80 Grit sand paper, working up to 1200 Grit and some Autosoul at the end, the block of wood helped keep it flat, as you can see the scraping just below the lettering, I didn't think of this until I hacked some of the paint off, hence the touch up needed!

Yeah polishing kit off eBay.. I love that place! Next stop is getting my Ph2 side stripes and bullets sorted! Received those today! Woop

Iceberg Ph1
Finally after a respray of the plenum and giving my polishing kit a whirl I ended up with this.. Pretty impressed with myself because I have never done anything like this..

I know its not the best but hey! I like it haha, hope you do too. The pictures don't do it no justice, the polished lettering does not hardly show up..

P1010648.jpg

P1010650.jpg

I also done the quickest of all Photoshops ever to see how it would look under the bonnet, I think I chose the right colour in the end! Now for some Red Samco Hoses!

CoverOnPlenum.jpg