ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This morning.

clio 182 cup
Well when I got up this morning I had a bit of a shock as some idiot has decided to pour tar all over my bonnet and wind screen! Any suggestions how to get it off would be a great help!

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

Phil

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)
Its not very good the AG stuff, I have used it on small Tar spots on the vee and its doesnt shift it.....

feel for you tbh....its a c unts trick

clio 182 cup
Cheers for the help! I managed to clean the glass with a blade and solvent cleaner earlier. Im just a bit worried about trying things on the paint work incase it strips the paint aswel.
Was major pissed off this morning not what you expect at all!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i would soak it in tar and glue remover, leave for 20mins, then wash off and polish/wax afterward.

Barge
Yep. A good clay bar will then get any remains off I'd reckon.

Detailing section might be a good place to get some solutions too.

172 ff
w*****s find out who did it and tar them, if your not confident trying to get it off yourself then take it 2 a spray shop or body shop see what they can do. why would anyone think doing that to your car is fun it makes my blood boil mate.hope you get it sorted.

I think the Autosmart tardis stuff is a bit stronger than AG tar remover?

Personally i would get some tardis, Put kitchen roll soaked in tardis over each of the tar patches, And leave it to dissolve it, Then work with a claybar after youve got as much as you can off to remove the residue.

Make sure you give it a good coat of wax when you get it off to put some protection back on the paint.

Cnut whoever did it !

Were any other cars affected? it almost looks like a splash rather than a throw as if a roofers wagon has gone past and hit a bump. Strange for anyone to carry hot tar around. Tardis apparantly looking on the DW site.

clio 182 cup
there were people working on a water pipe by the house last night about 100 yards away, could have been them but they didnt use any tar as far as i can see.
Would the Autosmart tardis be ok to use on the strips?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Theres a tin of tar remover in halfords for £4.99 and i swear to god its the best thing ive ever came across to remove tar spots, spray on, 15 minutes later it wipes off...!

Its absolutley spot on! Ill get the name of it

S3, Polo
Some people really are retarded. Hope you get it sorted quickly!

Someone once told me that eucalyptus oil (very cheaply available from your local pharmacy) will remove tar spots.

I can confirm that it works on small areas like the lower front wing and bottom part of the door... :)

mx5
Yep, tardis is much stronger than Intensive tar remover, you can kind of see the tar spots melting away, good luck

Clio 182 + Recaros
What a stupid thing for someone to do - At least they haven't keyed it. No doubt forum users will be giving you loads of advise of the best way to clean it off.

Good Luck

sorry to hear about that mate why would anybody do that fs!, might be worth a post over at detailingworld?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Tardis is the only way to go, it'll take a few passings of it tho.

Titanium 182
Intensive tar remover is very good however it only really works well when used from a spray bottle, spray on and leave for a minute and you can see the tar melting and dripping down.

Give it a go.

clio 182 cup
Well ive had a go at getting the tar off the bonnet and so far its going good! Gonna get the rest of it off tomorrow and give the car a good polish and hopefully all will be sorted!!

DSC00381.jpg

Good to see its not fucked! Doesn't look too intentional tbh, like someone said earlier, who carries hot tar around? Normally paint stripper.

Ollie's Silver Cup
Looks like you've done a good job of getting it off; glad it hasn't appeared to have caused any lasting damage :)

As above, it doesn't look like it's been done intentionally to me

I work for a sign company and although Tardis is what Id recommend for easyest way of getting the tar off be very careful round any vinyl (we mainly use it to remove glue when vehicles are stripped)

It will break down the glue and start to lift them

Looks like your managing to get it off anyway, so all good

ibiza cupra
bet you breathed a sigh of relef when it came off didnt you lol. good to see i hasnt ruined anything.