ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This afternoons job...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had a call from a good mate who had a long wheelbase high top transit in at work for a full de-sticker and machine polish. The fire service wanted it made to look good before they punt it on at auction. Once he'd seen the van, he realised he wasn't going to do it in the three hours he'd allowed and priced for! lol. He thought it was a little white connect like the others he's just done for them.

Sadly, I left my phone at work so these are the only pics I have. My mate took them and I got him to text me them.

This van, once it's been valeted, will look like new. I highly recommend buying an ex fire service van! Never seen a ten year old transit with no rust, unmarked seats, no scratches... Just proper proper clean.

Anyway, two s**t pics.

695C9361-B102-45F3-8771-0D3B3C2E33BE-1110-000000D4EE8E3DB9_zps33e097cf.jpg

We de stickered using heat guns and autoglym tar and glue remover.

Then we machine polished it using G3. Then we machine polished it using black top hand glaze. Then we polished it with SRP. Then we waxed it with some cheapo turtle wax wax he had down there.

Finished. Not bad for just under 4 hours work! My arms are killing me now though. thankfully he lost the toss and had to do the roof. ;)

22146A84-D2C6-4D67-B74A-B23ED45FD05D-1110-000000D4F885CE7E_zps4d9b9474.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks immense mate! So cool in Red! Shiny Red!

Lols at having to do the roof! Good fun!

I don't have much experience with black top Dan. We used to use it on windows! Isn't it less abrasive than Srp et al?

Also Srp has wax in it incase you maybe need to leave just Srp on some cars.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I just did what I was told mate. His job, his customer, his stuff. I just had to turn up with my machine polisher at 1pm.

G3 (as you know) is harsh as fcuk and the transit paint is very soft. We decided to use black top as it virtually eliminates (or hides?) swirls and holograms caused by it.

The SRP and turtle wax gubbins we just had lying around and piled that on to try and keep it as shiny as possible as it's not going to auction for near enough another week.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah apologies Dan I thought it was your gig and your mate was helping you out, half reading fail.

Thing looks superb.