ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Things to look for?

172FF iceburg silver
Hi all,

I currently have a much loved Leon Cupra R and have decided to sell it (after LOTS of thought!) :( .... Good news is im looking to get a 182 instead :cool:

My question is, is there anything i should look out for when buying one to save me from getting stung later?

Cheers

(Finally broke my posting virginity :p )

Clio 182 :)
Just like any other car, pay attention to the work/service done on the car, see if the owner is passionnate or not, listen to every noises when trying out the car... Look if there's mods...

172FF iceburg silver
cheers guys!

Ill keep my eyes open.... Think ill pop down one of the local meets to show my face around (fingers crossed with a 182 next to me) :)

Whats the first mod people get in general? Induction kit i suppose.

Ill do a few searches and see what pops up but can anyone recomend anything in particular?

RB Clio 182
remap, new exhaust, induction kit, CF front splitter all quite common mods, the list goes on, all depends how much money you wanna spend

-
im also in the same boat and thinking of changing my LCR for a 182.

think i need to test drive one first.

-
i was looking at 182's when looking at LCR's but just went for the leon due to the VAG factor.

but ive always fancied a 182 because i think it would be a fun car to drive. i went for the lcr because of the fact its a turbo and im not a big fan of revvy engines.

but ive had the lcr for a year now and its getting a bit dull tbh. also you can pick a nice 182 fairly cheap now so there would be some cash going in my back pocket.

ideally id like a px or swap deal to save hassle on selling my car.

A Flamin' Red one
i was looking at 182's when looking at LCR's but just went for the leon due to the VAG factor.

but ive always fancied a 182 because i think it would be a fun car to drive. i went for the lcr because of the fact its a turbo and im not a big fan of revvy engines.

but ive had the lcr for a year now and its getting a bit dull tbh. also you can pick a nice 182 fairly cheap now so there would be some cash going in my back pocket.

ideally id like a px or swap deal to save hassle on selling my car.

You'll learn to love them...!

-
i went to look at one today and i definetly like them now.

hopefully i can get a px deal before i have to put it up for sale, saves alot of hassle.

172 Mk2 & 197
Hi

I did exactly the same about 2 years ago, sold a 225 LCR and ended up buying a Mk2 172.
The car at the time cost me less than half what I sold the Cupra for so put a few ££ in my pocket.
I was unsure about the 172 having had the Cupra for a couple of years and loving it and how quick it was.
I have found the 172 is quicker in certain instances (i.e winding country roads)
Plus it costs about half as much to run than the Cupra (36mpg compared to about 20!!)

Keith

-
Hi

I did exactly the same about 2 years ago, sold a 225 LCR and ended up buying a Mk2 172.
The car at the time cost me less than half what I sold the Cupra for so put a few ££ in my pocket.
I was unsure about the 172 having had the Cupra for a couple of years and loving it and how quick it was.
I have found the 172 is quicker in certain instances (i.e winding country roads)
Plus it costs about half as much to run than the Cupra (36mpg compared to about 20!!)

Keith

sounds good. no regrets then?

thanks for the post.

172 Mk2 & 197
No mate

No regrets, do miss the build quality a bit of the VAG car but take the Clio for what it is and you won't be dissapointed.
Puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.
Especially on the lovely country roads we have in the North East.

Keith

172FF iceburg silver
Glad im not the only on whos done this ..... I was worried about selling mine for a clio but from the sounds of things its all win win!

(REALLY could do with the extra £££in my pocket!)

Thanks for the comments fellas!