ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

They stole my 172 cup!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172 cup
Hi guys,

I woke up this morning to find my front door wide open and my 172 cup gone!!! Some little pricks smashed through my patio window, took my car keys off the kitchen table, went out of my front door and drove off in my pride & joy! Taking my wallet and girlfriend's handbag with them...all while we were asleep upstairs! :dapprove:

So just a quick word of warning, don't leave your keys lying around making it easy for the scumbags. If my car gets recovered, I'll be sleeping with my keys under my pillow from now onwards!

Also, if anybody see's a completely standard 172 cup with reg KR53 OWC driving around please let me know. It's unlikely but I don't really know what else to do!

Has anybody else had their clio stolen? If so, what was the outcome?

Cheers

172 cup
So sorry hun thats awful, I leave my keys downstairs too :S

What colour is it and where do you live?

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Bad news mate.

I always take me keys to bed and garage the car for that reason.

Where abouts are you from and what colour is the Cup.

Arctic blue 182ff
shi1t sorry mate, im guessing youve made all the appropriate calls etc, where about do you live?

A4 Avant
Bad luck mate. Really crap feeling.

I'd rather they took the keys from downstairs than come upstairs and try and take them form me. It's insured at the end of the day.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Bad luck mate. Really crap feeling.

I'd rather they took the keys from downstairs than come upstairs and try and take them form me. It's insured at the end of the day.

agreed. its better they take the keys from downstairs, than coming up and caving your head in to get them from under the pillow.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Gutting! Not to rub salt in the wound. But you should really know better! i always hide my keys!

Hope it gets sorted out @ Minimal expense to you.

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
Unlucky mate. tbh I'd rather not get it back!

Sorry to hear that mate. I agree with the above, if my car got stolen I wouldn't want it back after it's been thrashed to death by some chav scum. Better off getting the insurance money and buying a fresh one.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Gutted for you... Ive only Just got my Silver Clio cup and leave my keys on the side in the hall, Something I never think about. Ill be taking them Up-Stairs i think in the future, that said mines kept in my Alarmed Garage.

Sorry to hear that! fookin pikey wnkers! Surprised you didnt hear anything... with them smashing through the glass. Like others have said tho... its not worth getting stabbed to death over a car... no matter what car it is....if they want it that bad.. its not worth the trouble fighting them. You can always get another car.

FF CLIO 182
Hi guys,

I woke up this morning to find my front door wide open and my 172 cup gone!!! Some little pricks smashed through my patio window, took my car keys off the kitchen table, went out of my front door and drove off in my pride & joy! Taking my wallet and girlfriend's handbag with them...all while we were asleep upstairs! :dapprove:

So just a quick word of warning, don't leave your keys lying around making it easy for the scumbags. If my car gets recovered, I'll be sleeping with my keys under my pillow from now onwards!

Also, if anybody see's a completely standard 172 cup with reg KR53 OWC driving around please let me know. It's unlikely but I don't really know what else to do!

Has anybody else had their clio stolen? If so, what was the outcome?

Cheers

Yup, the thieving little tw*ts broke into my house @ 4am via the patio door and stole both sets of keys, my ipod and my 182. Theye were in and out in under a minute, i actually saw them driving off!!

Got the car back 3 days later, extra 45 miles on the clock, speeding ticket but no damage....luckilly.

Had to get all locks changed under insurance.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thats a total b*****d cause even if and when they do get it back, itll be then classed as a stolen recovery vehicle! Which will do nothing for it to sell it on!

NEED V6!
my first liquid yellow was stolen from the drive but without the keys found it two month's later in redditch smashed to sh*t tyres missing interior gone basically just the shell of the car was left, but there was one panel untouched an the paint still looked mint. :cool:

I missed it sooooo much, had to drive my dad's MX5 tho that he only used in the winter, as could'nt get a lift anywhere at work.

LY V6 with Recaros
s**t, so gutted for you! Can't begin to imagine how I'd feel if it happened to me :(

Whereabouts are you so I can keep an eye out?

I always keep my keys in my handbag which I leave in my room at night, but tbh, would you rather they stayed downstairs out of your way or came up to your room to find them and done god knows what to you or your girlfriend to find them? So I wouldn't be too hard on yourself for leaving them downstairs and making it easy for them, at least you are both unharmed..

Hope they find the scumbags :mad:

Lotus Elise 111R
Sorry to hear this. I had my Fiesta RS Turbo stolen many years ago, a beautiful and mint example, it turned up as a shell with no interior, glass, running gear or anything, just a crate they had sat on to manoeuvre it off a flatbed!

Tbh, even if it had been untouched, I would'nt have wanted it back

Mk3 SX
Yeah i usually keep my keys upstairs with me but if someone wants to come upstairs while i'm asleep n try n get them it will be them getting their head caved in not me, light sleeper you see ;)

133/225/CLS AMG
Gutted for you mate!!

Unfortunately because cars are becoming harder to nick without the keys, these pikey little f*ckers are prepared to go to the lengths to get the keys.

For that reason I make sure that both keys I have as well as the missus' ones are kept safe at night and the spares are hidden away.

172 cup
Thanks for all the replies everyone, means a lot.

The car is blue and I live in Nottingham. The wallet wasn't in my car, it was in my kitchen next to my car keys.

Like some of you have said, I'd rather not have the car back...just won't be the same after those scumbags have thrashed it round the streets. Doubt they waited for the oil to warm up before going above 2,000 rpm! It was raining quite heavily last night, hope the little not good tossers lost control without abs/traction control and put it in a ditch, killing themselves in the process! :mad: That's maybe a bit harsh but guess you can imagine how I feel.

As much as I love it, I don't want it back because the HPI will say stolen and recovered. I personally wouldn't buy a car that had been stolen so I'll never be able to sell it.

Anyway, gotta go pick up my Ford Ka courtesy car now. Whoo hoo, can't wait to drive that beast! Ha ha.

Thanks

Spose the no abs and no traction control does have a use after all lol

Just remember, nothing handles like a courtesy car ;)

clio sport f1 r27
thats pure and utter f**in S**t it may sound sad but before i go to my bed i take my keys to my room with me have been doing it for years now not only to try and prevent this happening but also if i see something dodgy i know where my keys are to give chase s**t world we live in really!!

Chelsea tractor
As much as I love it, I don't want it back because the HPI will say stolen and recovered. I personally wouldn't buy a car that had been stolen so I'll never be able to sell it.

It'll only say that if they find it after the insurance have paid out / agree to pay out :p

ITB BG 182
this is when i dont like to say i live in Nottingham, you'll have to say just where about you live or from where the car is taken from.
Ive lived in Nottingham all my life and from my walks of life i know pretty much all of the scum or if not i know some one who does... yea im ashamed that im admiting this.
The upside is i found out easily the lad who attacked my car not long back and went to see if he was at home..

I am sure i have seen your car before on the A610. ill put this up on some of the nottingham "Cruise" forums that im on.

Alfa GT
Anyway, gotta go pick up my Ford Ka courtesy car now. Whoo hoo, can't wait to drive that beast! Ha ha.

i had one of them as a courtesy car :lolup: they are total pap lol

Status
Not open for further replies.