ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Clio Rs 200T
It was weird I mean I done a internet connection test perfectly fine I was in a party but just couldn't play online my live has not run out or anything

Yaris Hybrid
I will tell you one thing. I was downloading Forza in the middle of the evening and the download speeds were a joke. Took about 3 times longer than it took on launch day!

107 Track Car & C4
Just ordered my Xbox One, was debating on the PS4, but played it at the weekend and didn't like the controller. Got mine from Shopto.net with Tomb Raider, FIFA 14 & a play and charge kit. Looking forward to it arriving now :).

Anyone else ordered there's from Shopto? Thinking of delivery times..

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Just ordered my Xbox One, was debating on the PS4, but played it at the weekend and didn't like the controller. Got mine from Shopto.net with Tomb Raider, FIFA 14 & a play and charge kit. Looking forward to it arriving now :).

Anyone else ordered there's from Shopto? Thinking of delivery times..
I ordered mine from ShopTo a few weeks back, on a Tuesday night and had it on the Thursday IIIRC

Cupra
I bought Kinnect Rivals today. The kids love it! Climbing is a workout in itself and the rest are all a laugh too. Kinnect seems to work well with it too. Worth a go if you fancy something different.

1.8 Civic EX
Weird one for you all.....

i do not own COD Ghosts but my mate does. When I'm round his I sign into his xbox one with my profile and it allows us to go online and play matches using split screen.

i come home and switch my xbox one on, and COD is on one of the tiles on the home screen but greyed out. I click on it and it says install. I clicked install and it's currently working away, up to about 10% as I type this.

Question is, what's gonna happen when it's finished installing? I haven't paid for it, I don't have the disc. Is it just not gonna work? Am I gonna get the game for free? Or is it going to completely f**k up and block the game on my mates machine somehow?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Weird one for you all.....

i do not own COD Ghosts but my mate does. When I'm round his I sign into his xbox one with my profile and it allows us to go online and play matches using split screen.

i come home and switch my xbox one on, and COD is on one of the tiles on the home screen but greyed out. I click on it and it says install. I clicked install and it's currently working away, up to about 10% as I type this.

Question is, what's gonna happen when it's finished installing? I haven't paid for it, I don't have the disc. Is it just not gonna work? Am I gonna get the game for free? Or is it going to completely f**k up and block the game on my mates machine somehow?

No idea. Does it play lol?

1.8 Civic EX
finished installing at about 8:30 this morning. The tile is there and no longer greyed out but when you select it to play it says "please insert disc or sign in with the live account that purchased the game/content" so won't load up.

oh well, was worth a go. I guess if I borrow the disc of him now at least I won't have to wait for it to install before I can play, so I'll leave it on there for a while and just delete it if I sart to run out of space.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Game usually have deals with 3 games for around the £350 mark, if your lucky like I was you'll get three games you want to have.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I can't remember if I've already asked this...but does anybody know if there's a cable that can connect the One to my old(ish) DVD Player with surround sound?

With the 360, it had the sound out that had the red and white cable connection that went into the back of the player through it's red and white cable and it was perfect.

My DVD player doesn't have the Optical Audio input so I can't buy an optical cable. I don't want to have to buy a new DVD player because the speakers are powerful and wired up around my room.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Available without Kinect now from the 9th of June. Is it worth getting it with or without?

1.8 Civic EX
With for sure. It's great piece of kit, but then I liked the first one on the 360 too. Use it everyday and I don't use Skype lol

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
With for sure. It's great piece of kit, but then I liked the first one on the 360 too. Use it everyday and I don't use Skype lol

Out of interest what do you use it for lol?

The fact that MS will be offering XBOs without it concerns me, it makes me think the support isn't there.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I've never used the kinect on the 360. I don't know what Skype is. Aslong as I'm missing out on nothing really, I think I'll go without. I'm an extremely casual gamer, I play a maximum of 3/4 hours a week.

The fact that MS will be offering XBOs without it concerns me, it makes me think the support isn't there.

I use Skype every week to speak to my Mum in Spain. It beats sitting in front of an iPad/Laptop for an hour (which I've done for 7 years). Plus when my son gets older the camera will actively follow him around the room.

I'm massively disappointed they are going to sell it without Kinect. The reason Kinect wasn't a huge success in 360 games was because developers didn't want to spend money on integrating Kinect when it wasn't guaranteed owners would have it.

MS are making a huge mistake IMO, games using Kinect aren't going to improve if developers don't see the need to.

I wish MS would just grow some balls, prioritise their customers over new sales and make the platform stable enough to support full res games. The rest will follow.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I use Skype every week to speak to my Mum in Spain. It beats sitting in front of an iPad/Laptop for an hour (which I've done for 7 years). Plus when my son gets older the camera will actively follow him around the room.

I'm massively disappointed they are going to sell it without Kinect. The reason Kinect wasn't a huge success in 360 games was because developers didn't want to spend money on integrating Kinect when it wasn't guaranteed owners would have it.

MS are making a huge mistake IMO, games using Kinect aren't going to improve if developers don't see the need to.

I wish MS would just grow some balls, prioritise their customers over new sales and make the platform stable enough to support full res games. The rest will follow.

Completely agree with that.

I can only think that MS believe they need to reduce their price point to remain competitive.

dk

911 GTS Cab
So far I can't see how it's been used any different to on the 360 really, it's not really worked out how ms planned I don't think.

this whole integrated system where kinect is a crucial part of the gaming experience.

for Skype, maybe it's worth it, but it's still a gimmick IMO.

dk

911 GTS Cab
So far the announcements the past week or so have been:

No longer needing gold membership for streaming services (something sony do)
Selling the console without the camera (something sony do)
Offering games with gold (something sony do)
announcing E3 will be all about the games (something sony have been saying since last year when MS was going on about an entertainment system)

now is it just me who thinks MS are just copying sony, who are obviously doing better than they are.....

next they'll be announcing all the games will come with 60fps and 1080p ;)

now there'll be the ones that call me a sony fanboy, well if I was I wouldn't have wasted money on the doorstop I have, I wanted to buy watchdogs on xbox, up but they still haven't announced the video specs whereas they are confirmed on the ps4 and the ps4 also gets an extra 60 mins of content.

need a killer game on the one really, soonish, I don't want to get rid but the ps4 is killing it.

Clio MK3
Never really used my Kinect seeing as I only play battlefield 4, even then that's only once or twice a week at max. Could easily buy one without Kinect and still enjoy a good experience.

Ph 1 172

+1 if I remember rightly this was the reason all xbox a where shipping with kinect 2.0 in first place.... Kinect has now just turned into a voice activatedtv controller ..... Again although this time for my tv and tivo box

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
So far the announcements the past week or so have been:

No longer needing gold membership for streaming services (something sony do)
Selling the console without the camera (something sony do)
Offering games with gold (something sony do)
announcing E3 will be all about the games (something sony have been saying since last year when MS was going on about an entertainment system)

now is it just me who thinks MS are just copying sony, who are obviously doing better than they are.....

next they'll be announcing all the games will come with 60fps and 1080p ;)

now there'll be the ones that call me a sony fanboy, well if I was I wouldn't have wasted money on the doorstop I have, I wanted to buy watchdogs on xbox, up but they still haven't announced the video specs whereas they are confirmed on the ps4 and the ps4 also gets an extra 60 mins of content.

need a killer game on the one really, soonish, I don't want to get rid but the ps4 is killing it.
The only downfall for me is the controller. How long do you think it would take me to get used to it? (Having had an xbox for 10 years)

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
It's a shame that MS aren't pushing Kinect harder. It had potential.

Saying that, I never use it. Apart from signing me in, and substitutions on FIFA, and sometimes turning the XBone off - it won't let me do anything else :(

1.8 Civic EX

Xbox Fitness mainly at the moment. 40 mins every day before work. It's great for someone like me that hasn't done exercise since I quit Karate at 16 (I'm now 32). Plus as one of my friends does it too it works as a great competition element too, trying to do better than each other etc.

I find it quite odd how people here are saying it's useless in the very same post where they say they are using it?!?

Sigining in when you walk in front of the camera/sensor
Voice commands - Xbox record that, on, off
In game voice commands - fifa, batlefield etc
In game motion controls - thief, battlefield, forza
Skype and other such apps, twitch etc
Video controls - pause, fast forward
Menu commands - push, pull, select etc

I will get Kinect Sports Rivals at some point soon too.

The two biggest problems with it so far is the lack of content, which I'm sure will be pushed more as time goes on, and people not realising what it can do/actually using it.

On the 360 I had all sorts of kinect games, sports, wreckater, fruit ninja, raving rabbids, adventures. All of which are great fun, especially when the mates a round and we've had a drink or two.

Kinect depends entirely on your use of Xbox. For those using Netflix, Skype, Music etc. I'd recommend spending a few days using Kinect voice commands to see what it offers, then spend another week or two using those voice commands. After a few weeks using it, Unplug it and go back to the controller for navigation. That should show you some of the value.

For those purely playing games the need for camera, voice recognition and IR blaster may not be desirable so the choice to purchase an Xbox without it will be welcome.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I would like to see Microsoft keep the Kinect as part of the XBOne 'experience' and take the hit by reducing the cost of the package by $100. Whilst I don't think the Kinect has been exploited and we are yet to see some truly innovative and novel uses for it, I had hope that it would eventually make it's mark as a usable form of input via expression and gesture, etc. I personally like the Kinect and use the voice commands of the system regularly. I was annoyed that Microsoft did an about turn on the whole online/DRM thing and this is frustrating, too. It's also mightily frustrating for developers who were asked to include Kinect support in their games... and now have to effectively ditch or rework their projects.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I don't think the xbone controller is as good as the 360s was. The Sony offering is still behind. But not enough to decide between the 2 IMO. I'm just going to stick with the 360.