ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

oh and along comes mr microsoft, thats a nothing app, not core features that should have been there since day one. xbox one was barely a stable release, I've had nothing i can even fault with the PS4 yet.

So i am not entitled to an opinion because of who I work for? If you are happy with the PS4 then that's great, but you are coming across like a immature fan boy in a lot of your posts.

dk

911 GTS Cab
So i am not entitled to an opinion because of who I work for? If you are happy with the PS4 then that's great, but you are coming across like a immature fan boy in a lot of your posts.
So, what, I can't be negative towards the ms box if I don't think it's up to scratch for what I paid? How's that then?

if I liked it I would say, it's not like I have an axe to grind with ms is it, they help keep me in a job for starters, but unlike you I'm not biased, you can't help being biased because of who you work for, I understand that.

i don't feel like it's worth the money I paid so far, do you own a ps4 to have a balanced view of why one is better than the other?

dk

911 GTS Cab
LoL why is DK so anti Microsoft/Xbox? You obviously hate it, so why not leave the thread and stop trolling..?
I'm not, I have a 360 and a one, I just don't think the one is actually an upgrade worthy of the money at the moment.

and that's annoying, especially when you are calling updates epic when there really isn't anything to shout about in them as new features really.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I'm not, I have a 360 and a one, I just don't think the one is actually an upgrade worthy of the money at the moment.

and that's annoying, especially when you are calling updates epic when there really isn't anything to shout about in them as new features really.

DeeKay is perfectly entitled to his opinion, what is deemed as epic by one person may be deemed average by another.

You rate the the PS4 controller over the XO, are you wrong just because because 99% of the public disagree with you?

So, what, I can't be negative towards the ms box if I don't think it's up to scratch for what I paid? How's that then?

if I liked it I would say, it's not like I have an axe to grind with ms is it, they help keep me in a job for starters, but unlike you I'm not biased, you can't help being biased because of who you work for, I understand that.

i don't feel like it's worth the money I paid so far, do you own a ps4 to have a balanced view of why one is better than the other?
I don't own a PS4 hence the reason I don't talk about it. Also if you look through most of my post i try not to get involved in any comparisons. If people feel the PS4 is a better machine for them who am I to argue with that?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
DeeKay is perfectly entitled to his opinion, what is deemed as epic by one person may be deemed average by another.

You rate the the PS4 controller over the XO, are you wrong just because because 99% of the public disagree with you?

In all fairness they are features I would have expected from go live. I read the update notes and was like "what the.."

I can't decide which controller is better. They are close though. I don't know why MS changed the 360 pad tbh. That was perfect.

dk

911 GTS Cab

99% of people don't think the xbox one controller is better than the ps4 one though, only people who don't own a ps4, people who have both can appreciate the ps4 one has been a massive improvement over the ps3, plus it has more features than the xboxone, like a light, speaker and touchpad, it's next gen rather than just an evolution.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
99% of people don't think the xbox one controller is better than the ps4 one though, only people who don't own a ps4, people who have both can appreciate the ps4 one has been a massive improvement over the ps3, plus it has more features than the xboxone, like a light, speaker and touchpad, it's next gen rather than just an evolution.

You seemed to have missed the point, who cares which is better, it's all about personal perception.

Clio 182

You really are coming across as a fan boy, it's embarrassing in someone over the age of 15 to be honest

dk

911 GTS Cab
how is it a fanboy to own both products and give an opinion on them?

im an apply fanboy i guess as everything computing i own (except for work stuff) is Apple.

just because this is the xbox thread and people can't take me favouring the ps4, thats the issue, but as i own both i can give an informed opinion, most people in here don't and so they will favour the one they purchased. Same in the ps4 thread really.

@dk, you've made it clear you aren't impressed with the One. But f**k, you don't half go on about it.

You sound like Cliotoby talking about his 320d. It's embarrassing.

Not a 320d
@dk, you've made it clear you aren't impressed with the One. But f**k, you don't half go on about it.

You sound like @Cliotoby talking about his 320d. It's embarrassing.

I barely mention it anymore. Except some people seem to drop snide comments about it every now and again......

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Yeahhhh lets not get this thread locked down.

Beast of an update (size wise) - cant say I see any differences but then I dont use it very much now.

Waiting for some decent games to come out really.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Im going to give Titanfall a miss. Im a bit weird with my games - mechs and running on walls 60ft up just doesnt interest me say as much as BF4 which has some realism.

Saying that - Star Wars Battlefront coming out next year. YES PURLEASE

1.8 Civic EX
lol good to see all the girls getting pissy again. I own and xboxone and had a 360, I do not have a PS4 and didn't have a PS3, however have played on them through mates etc.

I'm with DK regards the update, it's hardley what I'd call epic. It's just made the console a little bit better and argualbly brought it closer to a position it should have been at launch.

The PS4 controller isn't exactly "next gen" though, it's got some light on it (yay?!) and a speaker, which Nintendo put on the Wii Controllers god knows how many years ago. The only real difference is that it has a touchpad which I'm yet to notice has any real use for (same as the light).

Xbox hasn't changed thier controller much as it doesn't need to. The xbox next gen controller is Kinect.

Personally I much prefer the xbox controller, but that doesn't mean I hate the PS4.

Also, in DK's defence it does seem he is only saying negative comments when others are picking holes in everything he says, then has to justify what has been said which makes it come across as somewhat repetative.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Why do you always go on about Snickers...Creme Eggs are much better! ;)

770521690_63540.gif

dk

911 GTS Cab
lol good to see all the girls getting pissy again. I own and xboxone and had a 360, I do not have a PS4 and didn't have a PS3, however have played on them through mates etc.

I'm with DK regards the update, it's hardley what I'd call epic. It's just made the console a little bit better and argualbly brought it closer to a position it should have been at launch.

The PS4 controller isn't exactly "next gen" though, it's got some light on it (yay?!) and a speaker, which Nintendo put on the Wii Controllers god knows how many years ago. The only real difference is that it has a touchpad which I'm yet to notice has any real use for (same as the light).

Xbox hasn't changed thier controller much as it doesn't need to. The xbox next gen controller is Kinect.

Personally I much prefer the xbox controller, but that doesn't mean I hate the PS4.

Also, in DK's defence it does seem he is only saying negative comments when others are picking holes in everything he says, then has to justify what has been said which makes it come across as somewhat repetative.

i also need to learn not to justify everything i say i guess, but i will expand on my controller point to clarify ;)

the touchpad is used in tomb raider, but not really as a touchpad as such, more another multiway button, the speaker is used when the walkie talkie is used in the game, and also when arrows are shot it gives the effect of the arrow shooting from you, and the light is used to show health of Lara (white she's ok, red she's hurt etc) and for things like holding fire torches it will flash orange etc.

so i think when they are used such as a game like tomb raider then they are good additions, but i admit that i didn't know what on earth those features would be good for, but they do add to the experience.

Ive not got the sony camera, but with kinect, as I'm sitting in a chair playing games, it seems to struggle to pick me out sometimes like in BF4 and i have to sit forward or it can't see me, which is a bit annoying.

SQ5
Had a play on Forza at a customers and was quite impressed. I still can't justify it just for Forza at the moment though. I think in 12 months these will be a great buy

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
By the time I get home titanfall will be ready to play. Left it downloading this morning. Hopefully this will pull me into the xbox a bit more because its only forza currently I'm enjoying

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
oooooh, a new progress bar, epic!

will it have microsoft minutes too?
The first version will only ship with the first 30 seconds of every minute available. Subsequent updates will see additional "feature" seconds added until, eventually, the full "60 second" minutes are realised. During that time, Sony will have released "120 second" minutes because their console is twice the powaah! :)

Nippy white cup
lol Sarcasm aside the friend notifications being added will make a big difference to me...was one of the most annoying things imo

Honda. Tesla Someday
I got the stereo headset adapter. Needed it so I can use my turtle beach 7.1 surround headsets mic for chatting in game. Surprisingly realised that the chat adapter also allows you to stream game sound via the controller! So you can mute your TV, plug any headfones in to the adapter and listen to the game through that! I know ps4 has this feature too, nice that it's been added here as well! Well impressed!