ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

dk

911 GTS Cab
yeah mine was about that, i wouldn't get excited though, just put forza in and it said it needed a 6GB update!!!!!

Now i don't know whether its actually downloading that or loading 6GB from the disc as the disc seems to be spinning but the percentage is rising VERY slowly, like 2% in 5 mins.....

using a QR code instead of typing in those silly 25 digit codes is cool, 'xbox, use code', nice.

i think that could be it for tonight, that install or download looks like its going to take a good while.

Rebooting now.

First time I've held the controller, I really like it.

I went for an extra controller, charge kit, DR3, Forza, CoD and FIFA that's included (will sell it, I don't do FIFA).

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a bit of a spurt... now into the 40% bracket.

Whilst waiting, I've sadly been sat here just holding and playing with the controller. Initial impressions are that it's nicely weighted, yet a bit... cheap feeling in terms of material. However, the D-pad feels real nice. The thumbsticks feel 'softer' but I think that's because they are marginally longer. Shouldn't take too long to get used to. But again, it sits so much nicer in my hands than any other controller I've used on any system. I don't think it's revolutionary, more evolutionary. But the original 360 controller was just about spot on anyway in my opinion. Still, I could be talking b***ocks but it's going to be a long time before I get a game going on it...

My central heating system is much louder than the console it would seem. :)

Some s**t phone pics...

995554_10151511388759364_1654746495_n_zps2f95d4b3.jpg

1454808_10151511420049364_878531005_n_zps5bffb605.jpg

1470142_10151511435044364_1470111401_n_zpse226de6e.jpg

1472822_10151511495729364_653542165_n_zps388ca516.jpg

1474411_10151511493024364_662403795_n_zps082b88d7.jpg

dk

911 GTS Cab
Just went back to it and it said 32% ready to start so I guess this is part of the play before it's finished thing! not sure what % it got to before saying that though.

Intro video is immense

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Nooooo! 6GB update for Forza?!?!!? There goes my night / week / month.

Whilst it's downloading I'm messing with the Kinect. Blimey, it's eerily good. It's not misheard a command yet and I've been acting like a prat and it recognises me fine. I'm glad the other half is in bed. It's like Christmas has come early. She's a good 'un - got me the console and three games for less than £480. :)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Got myself a medium wood coloured BMW 1M, loving the colour options, the livery option it tried to download from the cloud seemed to now work, so went with wood.

First race ace was ace, not played forza for years so can't say how it compares, but it's very nice so far. Actually loving the rumble through the triggers too, so good for a racing game to give you feel in them!!!!!

one more race (it's the top gear test track so it would be rude not to) and then off to bed

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'm determined to wait until I've had a race or two before I give up... now on 6% installed for Forza...

I've just used the QR code to redeem my copy of FIFA 14. It's so quick and easy with the Kinect. I even dropped the QR code card as I held it in front of the sensor and it still picked it up as it slipped from my fingers. 10GB+ download though...

dk

911 GTS Cab
I hate football games, but I can't decide whether to just try it to see how good it is.

Now on my 4th race, knew this would happen....

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Got myself a medium wood coloured BMW 1M, loving the colour options, the livery option it tried to download from the cloud seemed to now work, so went with wood.

First race ace was ace, not played forza for years so can't say how it compares, but it's very nice so far. Actually loving the rumble through the triggers too, so good for a racing game to give you feel in them!!!!!

one more race (it's the top gear test track so it would be rude not to) and then off to bed

Awesome, I'm in now as well... and I'm only partially installed. :)

For folks who were worried about the visuals 'degrading' from earlier versions shown on the 'Net. Don't worry. As dk says, it's pretty. It's a lot slicker than Forza 4 which I played briefly not so long ago (so I could compare). Very pretty. :)

EDIT: Just done a few races. Wow. It's great. Slick and the audio is great on surround sound. Woke the other half up though...

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Flol mental I'm definitely waiting till next year when I move out to buy this not sure the speed of the internet where I currently live would be fast enough.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Flol mental I'm definitely waiting till next year when I move out to buy this not sure the speed of the internet where I currently live would be fast enough.
Mate, my internet is very poor but I was up an running in no time... quite surprised really. :) No idea how I'll fare online though against folks.

dk

911 GTS Cab
so supposedly my drivatar is now going to be going off and racing races with other people for me to earn me xp, interesting.

done the first group of races, time for bed, liking the voice commands.

and as for graphics, its good but not the difference we saw the last gen of consoles came out, but the we never were as they were already HD anyway, give it time though, and i can't see how you're going to notice the crowds next to the track in forza to know if they have been scaled down or not when you're driving along at pace in a race, impossible.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Mate, my internet is very poor but I was up an running in no time... quite surprised really. :) No idea how I'll fare online though against folks.

I get 1.5mb download speed lol, is it that bad? ;)

I might go for it, depends how pissed off/jealous I get with everyone talking about it lol.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Mine bloody arrive earlier rather than later today - In hindsight I should have just picked it up - I was wide awake at 2am (not because I was excited about my new toy sadly)..

For some reason I ended up listening to Smooth Radio for over 3 hours - Ch00ns!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I hate football games, but I can't decide whether to just try it to see how good it is.

Now on my 4th race, knew this would happen....

Thats my worry (I could end up using the code) as there is a good chance I may not get Forza today in which case I'll have the console but nothing to play (unless there are demos)

Thats my worry (I could end up using the code) as there is a good chance I may not get Forza today in which case I'll have the console but nothing to play (unless there are demos)

There are Kinect demos iirc, or you could buy a digi download.

Skoda Fabia vRS
I've read of numerous people with faulty disc drives, hmmm bit worried now, apparently makes a clicking sound when you put a disc in and doesn't read the disc

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Shopto still haven't sent me a shipping email :dapprove:

Says completed on their website and has done for a good few days, but even so.

I've recorded a few in game clips (it's a nice feature) - "Xbox, record that".

But the quality is terrible.