ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The worst thing about your clio

LY 200
f**k all.

If I was knit picking, I would say the build quality isn't as good as what it was on my old Golf.

late 2003 172cup
i hate long journeys in it! and i hate bad roads too, makes renaults build stand out more!
bumpy, rattly and bloody anoying!

megane gt dci 150
the drivers seat gives me a numb bum after 20 mins of driving, the rattles from the plastics on a cold morning do my head in, sat nav cd wont work anymore (not replacing as it cost £180 from renault), and the fact it gets filthy easy! lol

That it needs money spent on it !

1x fog lamp broken
exhaust is rattling
front tyres need replacing
fuel rail gaurd fell off
1x wheel reqs painting
possible de phaser pully noisy
both side lights are blown
dog bone mount bushes req
and it needs cleaning

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Mine is the exhaust system,its the original and the car has done 98k so you can imagine the banging that i get,it was worse when i bought it!,i then got an upper engine mount and lower gearbox mount fitted but it still judders.:(

Mustang, S13, AX GT
That it was f*cked when I bought it, and it has a clearly marked parking spot/puddle/pool/lake of oil.

172 cup
creeking sunroof
and creeking strutbrace
and going over potholes is a real worry in it
the little vibrations from the sun visors hiting the roof do my head in

that is all

creaking strut brace? Get it greased up, mine did the sam until this

TT 225+
that its currently rolling on the spare, that i need a new wheel bearing, front wing and bumper respray and it needs lowering

oh, and it has 5 doors :cool:

Rusty Cup
My gear box is f**ked the bonnet is dented, my exhaust is too loud, it pulls to the right, leaking oil, coileys need refurbing, everything rattle squeaks or knocks, scratch on rear that someone did for no reason, insurance is to high ive got 9 years no claims n its 580 a year with protected no claims. Ive removed the stripes as per advice on cs!! now ive got two lines all the way down the car, its RB so it will always get remembered if i piss someone off in the commute!! it screams chav... when i say i drive a clio girls are like oh... so then im like no but it does 148mph n they dont give a cr*p n you like like some chav nonce. its difficult to have sex in and the alcantara loves to soak up... fluid. Is it a shift light? is it a warning light? i dont care just stop flashing at me yes i know my car is about to hit the limiter in fifth as it did in first second third and fourth!!

Other than that its fine, on conclusion its a mixed bag

Subaru 330s
The fact that every time a problem is fixed another starts

Yep same here. It costs me a fortune!
It rattles inside a lot, especially the windscreen and it has now developed a squeak when driving.
But the worst thing is it's damaged :( and waiting to have a new front bumper and wing, but due to the moron who hit me denying he was involved it is taking a very long time!!

Yozza'd Titanium 182
My gear box is f**ked the bonnet is dented, my exhaust is too loud, it pulls to the right, leaking oil, coileys need refurbing, everything rattle squeaks or knocks, scratch on rear that someone did for no reason, insurance is to high ive got 9 years no claims n its 580 a year with protected no claims. Ive removed the stripes as per advice on cs!! now ive got two lines all the way down the car, its RB so it will always get remembered if i piss someone off in the commute!! it screams chav... when i say i drive a clio girls are like oh... so then im like no but it does 148mph n they dont give a cr*p n you like like some chav nonce. its difficult to have sex in and the alcantara loves to soak up... fluid. Is it a shift light? is it a warning light? i dont care just stop flashing at me yes i know my car is about to hit the limiter in fifth as it did in first second third and fourth!!

Other than that its fine, on conclusion its a mixed bag

when you come to sell it, probably best not to advertise on here...

FN2 Type R GT
It makes weird noises...

1) when the windscreen wipers go on it makes a clicking sound each time they wipe?

2) My windows dont go up or down at the same speed, drivers side is always quicker...

3) Sunroof rattle

Yozza'd Titanium 182
It makes weird noises...

1) when the windscreen wipers go on it makes a clicking sound each time they wipe?

2) My windows dont go up or down at the same speed, drivers side is always quicker...

3) Sunroof rattle

VERY ANNOYING i agree

Coupe/Defender V8
objects that flick up from the road and try and find their way through your airsock into your trumpets

Oh, and avoiding pot holes you could get lost down

Ph 1 172
It makes weird noises...

3) Sunroof rattle

See now I used to get annoyed with the window but I play a game where I start the slow one off first and then do the drivers one just after and try to get them closed at exact same time!! Thing that annoys me about mine is that it's the same colour as nearly every other f*****s 172 in the world.... Titanium....o how I wished I had waited for a sunflower yellow, black, flame red one to come up for sale but I did get a really good deal on mine 2 years ago so heyho not all bad

ph1 track weapon
having done the seat lowering mod, the fact that my seat now squeaks more than a 16 year olds bedposts!

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
Renault Cardiff STOCK NOW F*CKING 172 parts and I have to wait f*ucking 5 days if somthing brakes.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Dealers rarely keep stuff in stock, however I have always got stuff the next day.

Audi
I hate getting in and out of mine due to the stupidly wide sills and the Recaros especially when i put it in the garage.

Interior rattles and the w@nk driving position.

I have to lol at that!

w**k driving postion?? Steering wheel infront, pedals down the bottom and a gear stick to your left, its hardly mental is it.

I swear most people just copy and paste what JC says.