ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The White 1.2

Iceberg 172
Tried dillin my locking wheel nuts out because i didnt have the key but it just melted the drill bits. No luck :(

MK3, 1.2. 16V
I wasn't going near it myself, took it straight to my garage! Too rich for my blood lol

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Anyway more to the point may be a stupid question, when colour coding, do I do my wingmirrors ? Door handles ? And how much primer, lacquer, colour etc do yous reckon I'll need for the whole lot ?

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Okay so it was my day off today and I got a few parts delivered so decided i'd get some stuff done.

First of all I got rid of those ridiculous orange monstrosities
image_zps06a7c286.jpg

Really did hate those things, replaced the bulbs in them aswell :)

Next it was time for the RS Grille to go on. Now having never done this before or read any guides about it I was kinda worried it was gonna go t*ts up but it was simple.

Quick snap of the standard one off.
image_zps7050f03d.jpg
New one about to be cleaned up and put on.
image_zps65e07956.jpg
And it on! Love it, they just make the front end.
image_zps219438f4.jpg

Next on was the 3/4 plate, not sure of the legality of it tbh but im sure it wont be too much of an issue, hopefully :p Also not sure about the double sided sticky pads that came with it to fix it in place! They dont seem like theyll hold under the Scottish weather lol!! I'll have a pull at them in a couple days and see how sturdy they are, if they feel loose ill just drill holes and fix them with screws :)
image_zpsb235a37e.jpg
Quick snap of all three together ;)
image_zps49407007.jpg

So what do you guys think of today's mods ?? I think they tidy it up pretty nice!!

Also just an update, the colour coding will have to take a sideline for now as ive just realised my MOT is due on the 9th so gotta save just incase theres any issues :( All going well there wont be and if not i'll be straight to halfrauds for some paint :)

Anyway any comments welcome :D

MK3, 1.2. 16V
MOT done today and all it needed was a ball joint, pretty good for a 12 year old car ;)

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Okay so finally some real progress about to be made. Picked up my sport interior and am mid way through fitting it! Will get pics up when it's finished and cleaned up :) Also got her booked for a colour coding on Thursday, going for the white strips with black bullets and diamonds with white 1.2 on the bullets. Will post some pics and future plans after its done later this week.

MOT done today and all it needed was a ball joint, pretty good for a 12 year old car ;)

Grats on the easy MOT! Got mine in a couple of weeks, hoping it flys through as well :) 1999 car.. But it's in good condition so fingers crossed!

Car is looking nice, can't wait to see the interior :D

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Fingers crossed for you mate, nothing worse than having to fork out big bucks for an MOT!

Same! Just about to get the front seats out after dinner and get a move on with it :)

Tell me what you had/have to do for the rear bench!
Ive got the rear sport set, I can get half off it off but the actual bench part.. the two bolts behind the seat, one either end of the car.. the bolts undo.. but then tighten back up BOTH ways?! gave up and left my standard seats in for the moment haha.

MK3, 1.2. 16V
The rear bench was a total c**t! Two 17mm sockets at the end of the black bar and a torx in the middle underneath the bar. Sounds simple enough but, no. Mines were the same, tightening both ways. As the bolts go underneath the car they will be all coroded and rusty making it hard as sh*t to turn. All you need to do it keep it lubed up, turn it one way then spray it with WD40, leave it a few minutes then turn the other way and just keep doing that until you get it off. Was murder getting off mate, two inner bolts on the front seats are the same.

The rear bench was a total c**t! Two 17mm sockets at the end of the black bar and a torx in the middle underneath the bar. Sounds simple enough but, no. Mines were the same, tightening both ways. As the bolts go underneath the car they will be all coroded and rusty making it hard as sh*t to turn. All you need to do it keep it lubed up, turn it one way then spray it with WD40, leave it a few minutes then turn the other way and just keep doing that until you get it off. Was murder getting off mate, two inner bolts on the front seats are the same.

My worst fear bought to life for sure! Sounds like too much effort for me man haha, how long did it take you in the end?
Once I get the front two seats im taking it to a local independent mechanic, prop it up and drill the shiz out of it.

Got it all done anyway? Pics?
Bet it feel so much tidier with black leather interior.

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Was horrible mate! Took me about 9-10 hours spread over 2 days all in to fit everything. Bearing in mind this was the first time i'd ever done anything atall like this! Before you go to a garage try getting some lube on it and save yourself £100+! Was most definately harder than i imagined when i bought it but its always worth a try.

All but the drivers side door card mate (got too dark) So will do that one day after work, should only take 10 minutes like the PS. Will get pics up when its done. It really does, compared to the old stained fabric i had it makes a massive difference!

Was horrible mate! Took me about 9-10 hours spread over 2 days all in to fit everything. Bearing in mind this was the first time i'd ever done anything atall like this! Before you go to a garage try getting some lube on it and save yourself £100+! Was most definately harder than i imagined when i bought it but its always worth a try.

All but the drivers side door card mate (got too dark) So will do that one day after work, should only take 10 minutes like the PS. Will get pics up when its done. It really does, compared to the old stained fabric i had it makes a massive difference!

Makes me reluctant to do mine now! Haha
Shall look forward to seeing the photos :)

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Don't be reluctant mate, give it a bash! What's really the worst that can happen ? Lol

Will get the photos up shortly, getting her back from colour coding later this afternoon so was waiting till she was all finished :)

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Well only the strips and spoiler are getting done! Mirror caps, handles and badges will have to wait till next payday when the pennies come back in ;)

I've got the sport interior in my 1.2 16v, I think I am the only person who didn't have any trouble in fitting the front/rear seats and door cars lol - had the old interior stripped out adn new interior fitted in around 2 hours.

Your car will look 10x better once colour coded, I've always loved white clio's!

Have a butchers at my thread and let me know what you think :) http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?667438-My-1-2-16v-clio-progress-thread/page5

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Haven't bought it yet :p
Car is in for MOT at the moment so it shall have to wait if I decide to do it. Might just get the seats, not sure yet.

If you're going for it you need to go for the full whack mate! Cleans the inside up nice, if you get ine for the right price it's def something I'd recommend.

MK3, 1.2. 16V
So it's time for the long awaited pics and update. Finally took some pics and stuff so here goes.

After the struggle with almost every bolt the interior is fitted and looking mint...ISH
Couple of problems
1.) As I have manual wing mirrors I cant pop on the kinda triangle part next to the window as its for electric and there's no hole for the 'thingy' (horrible description I know) Anyway, I'm sure you know what I mean. Anyone know if I can get the black ones for manual wing mirrors ? the standard colour is mighty annoying when Everything else is black.
2.) A pillars are still standard colour as the guy I bought it from had misplaced them. So need to get the black ones when I get payed. But was thinking about flocking them ? Any thoughts, not quite decided yet.
3.) Finally, and most annoying. My lower dash is still the standard colour!!! Glove box, plastics around my steering column etc.. Any way to replace these ??
image_zps61d7968a.jpeg

Now to the exciting bit, colour coding. Dropped it off at a local body shop, only been opened a couple months but I heard nothing but good reviews and decided to take the risk and go for it! Glad I did now as the job is quality.
Could only afford to get the strips and spoiler done this pay so still a lot to do!

image7_zps0f10cf5b.jpeg
image_1_zpsc814cd23.jpeg

So thats how she's sitting right now!
Plans for next payday..
1.) The mirror caps, door handles and antenna base are being sprayed white and the mirror bases and RS Grille are getting sprayed black. The bullets however I have something different planned for ;)
2.) The 17's are going!! Providing I can get a decent set of 182's for a decent price.

Following month...
If I get the alloys I will be getting them colour changed to black to match the grille etc..
Hopefully in the same month I will be slamming her (LOL no pun intended)

Future plans...
Induction kit, get a bit of a better sound. Any recommendations ?
Gonna retrim and spray the interior. Spotted a couple pics of what I want done!
Want something like that, but in white! Cant remember who's car this was but I know it was someone on here...
image_zps8105ad60.jpg
image6_zps6caa84a6.jpeg

Anyway, update over! What y'all think of the progress, plans, etc...
Look forward to hearing it :)

TT QS
I really like it. Your mods and plans have been good. Not keen on that interior retrim though. Looks tacky IMO

Clio Campus Phase2
since i'm also a non-sport clio owner, and a Block Brother too ( mine is a 1.0 16v, D4D close relative to yours 1.2) I can only dream with such a great interior!! nice upgrade!

about the painting inside, I think that the blue quantity used on the pictures you send it, it's a little bit to much... seems like someone got too happy and didn't wanted to throw blue paint to the garbage... lol perhaps change only the main parts, as the steering wheel trim, and the dash trim, would be nice.

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Hmm, you could be right about the interior! No matter what I want the door cards retrimmed though as I think that looks ace. No idea where to start when looking for a place to do it, but will worry about that in the future lol!

Also, PM'd someone on here about a set of 182 alloys last night ;) Hopefully he gets back to me and that's one more thing to add to the list.

I wanna do an LED dash conversion as well but no idea where to even start!

1.2 16V Dynamique
So it's time for the long awaited pics and update. Finally took some pics and stuff so here goes.

After the struggle with almost every bolt the interior is fitted and looking mint...ISH
Couple of problems
1.) As I have manual wing mirrors I cant pop on the kinda triangle part next to the window as its for electric and there's no hole for the 'thingy' (horrible description I know) Anyway, I'm sure you know what I mean. Anyone know if I can get the black ones for manual wing mirrors ? the standard colour is mighty annoying when Everything else is black.
2.) A pillars are still standard colour as the guy I bought it from had misplaced them. So need to get the black ones when I get payed. But was thinking about flocking them ? Any thoughts, not quite decided yet.
3.) Finally, and most annoying. My lower dash is still the standard colour!!! Glove box, plastics around my steering column etc.. Any way to replace these ??
View attachment 100832

Now to the exciting bit, colour coding. Dropped it off at a local body shop, only been opened a couple months but I heard nothing but good reviews and decided to take the risk and go for it! Glad I did now as the job is quality.
Could only afford to get the strips and spoiler done this pay so still a lot to do!

View attachment 100833
View attachment 100834

So thats how she's sitting right now!
Plans for next payday..
1.) The mirror caps, door handles and antenna base are being sprayed white and the mirror bases and RS Grille are getting sprayed black. The bullets however I have something different planned for ;)
2.) The 17's are going!! Providing I can get a decent set of 182's for a decent price.

Following month...
If I get the alloys I will be getting them colour changed to black to match the grille etc..
Hopefully in the same month I will be slamming her (LOL no pun intended)

Future plans...
Induction kit, get a bit of a better sound. Any recommendations ?
Gonna retrim and spray the interior. Spotted a couple pics of what I want done!
Want something like that, but in white! Cant remember who's car this was but I know it was someone on here...
View attachment 100835
View attachment 100836

Anyway, update over! What y'all think of the progress, plans, etc...
Look forward to hearing it :)

That's my interior! Although I must admit it is too blue really, but if you don't try it out then you'll never know... I'm dialing it back in the weeks to come :p

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Knew I'd seen it on here! Hmm is it too much ? Might try and figure something out then so it's not as much lol! Did you do the material on the door cards yourself ?