ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The tow car

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
2 things...

1) '**n-bomb** rig' what you had?? Care to elaborate?

2) have you done any research on the Multi-tronic gearbox??

Cup In bits
Looks a decent old girl!

I'm intrigued by how much the Audi was as most 172s are sub £1500 now 😊

Yup less than that by a good bit haha, given the engines needing a rebuild and the body has a few age related marks but it just needs a good going over paint touched up in places and a wheel refurb. It was taxed for two months, had 8 months MOT and four new tyres when I got it at that price too.

2 things...

1) '**n-bomb** rig' what you had?? Care to elaborate?

2) have you done any research on the Multi-tronic gearbox??

It's a term I use for bodging things, I was saying how its not exactly a factory fit. Something you would find in say an African country where they come up with some crafty solution's by putting plasters on everything rather than fix it .

Yeah I have, luckily this is the 7 clutch version so a bit more reliable and its had the ECU replaced already. Its 'only' a £900-1400 rebuild if the worst happens which I am chuffed about given the service exchange prices.

Do you have any experience with them, bad or bad? haha

Cup In bits
Interesting read. Out of interest have you ever weighed your Clio & trailer and if so what's the total weight?

Cheers, try to keep my car threads up to date for reference sake. I haven't no but the trailer is played at 350kg iirc which is nuts given its a 2600kg load capacity. I would say both the cups I had hovered around the 1 tin mark so well within the 1800kg plated towing capacity of the car.

'n****r rig' - FFS.

I'd love a massive barge like that (for towing too), but I would have to lose the clio to have it, I fear.

It's been a great car, literally fired on the first turn of the key every time except when I replaced the battery late last year, I forgot to update that.

Yeah to run a couple of cars soon mounts up, I'm probably putting more in this thing in fuel a month than you're paying for your Clios insurance for the year. It likes a drink and I can't wait to get into a car with 600-700 mile range from one tank.

Cup In bits
I bloody bet you're not!

Maybe not as you're still a yoof but I'm putting in what I was paying on insurance for my clios.... how does £600 sound for pottering around town day too day, I don't commute to work as I don't have to while I'm at home. I have never made so many excuses to drive a mini (my GF's car) in my life lol.