ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Super Cup - First Proper Photos

As I fitted some Bilstein Coilovers yesterday (courtesy of JamSport) and cleaned it today, for the first time in weeks, it seemed rude not to take some decent photos of it:

IMG_0582.jpg

Renault Badge Quality Control Failure!

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

Bilstein Coilover.

IMG_0580.jpg

What CL's do to Turini's!!!

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

Gear linkage front end - much less play and much more feel than that standard setup.

IMG_0634.jpg

Slightly dirty Spec1 Super Cup Lump - 190bhp if it's healthy. Next one will be well north of 200bhp.

Doesn't look bad when its clean :)

Cheers
M

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
NICE!

Just out of interest, everyone on here raves on about heat soak with Air Filters, and cold air feed this and cold air feed that. You are clearly one of the best people to talk to about building a fast Clio, and you have chosen a ropey old filter.

Care to explain?! lol.

(i'm genuinely interested btw, i'm about to butcher my car in the name of cold air feeds!)

Lionel Richie
NICE!

Just out of interest, everyone on here raves on about heat soak with Air Filters, and cold air feed this and cold air feed that. You are clearly one of the best people to talk to about building a fast Clio, and you have chosen a ropey old filter.

Care to explain?! lol.

(i'm genuinely interested btw, i'm about to butcher my car in the name of cold air feeds!)

thats all he had in the shed! its temporary

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Well that doesnt look that bad matt, alot better than the other times i have seen it, mine is still not had a clean though!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
CL .. careful lady ? :quiet:

Car looks good ...

One question about your dark inlet manifold .. do you get worse heat soak issues with that than standard ..?!

Mine were roasting hot until i had new matched inlets and the PTFE gaskets put on. Now after even a few hours driving, they are just luke warm, not scalding hot as before.

:cool:

ValverInBits
Is that a PTFE gasket i see? do you rate them?

Nice car, nice coilovers - are they competitively priced if you don't mind me asking?

Last but not least - induction setup! You know you can do better ;)

?
NICE!

Care to explain?! lol.

Would also be interested, reason for using an open air induction system?

Quite literaly ROFL at needing to be lower. It's absolutely 100% perfect for a road car. Front is around 15mm lower than standard and rear around 5mm lower. Still has loads of damper travel and no need to slow down to silly low speeds to scrape over speed bumps. Pot holes don't put it off line, there's no bump steer and I can deploy WOT in 2nd gear exiting a roundabout onto a bumpy cambridge road without the car drifting off line as it hits the bumps/pot holes - all you get is a slight bounce in RPM as the wheel unloads and loads back up, the bilsteins react very quickly! I don't do show cars or cars that are useless for their intended application (i.e. roads cars that don't work on the road).

The Bilsteins are very, very good. Damping rates and spring rates are excellent for a road and occasional track car. Good amount of travel, removes a lot of roll even on standard ARB rates. I rate them highly as an off the shelf option.

The air filter I found in the bin at the workshop, it's from a Saxo VTR. On the rollers it made 0.3bhp difference vs no filter at all. Charge temps aren't bad but its worth noting its been less than 8 degrees ambient for the past three months. This will get changed at some point, most likely when the new inlet manifold/induction setup goes on along with the new engine making its way into the car.

As for inlet manifold temperatures etc. the air mass moving through the manifold is moving at several hundred miles an hour and is 'considerable' in volume. PTFE gaskets help with a more accurate reading from the ATS at low engine speeds though as the body of the sensor is no longer heated by the manifold.

The dark bits in the lacquer on the wheel pic are where bits of brake pad have burnt the lacquer - you'll notice I got the brakes hot enough to burn the temperature tell tales off the caliper as well........ result :)

Battery cable is 12.5mm2.

Cheers
M

Quite literaly ROFL at needing to be lower. It's absolutely 100% perfect for a road car. Front is around 15mm lower than standard and rear around 5mm lower. Still has loads of damper travel and no need to slow down to silly low speeds to scrape over speed bumps. Pot holes don't put it off line, there's no bump steer and I can deploy WOT in 2nd gear exiting a roundabout onto a bumpy cambridge road without the car drifting off line as it hits the bumps/pot holes - all you get is a slight bounce in RPM as the wheel unloads and loads back up, the bilsteins react very quickly! I don't do show cars or cars that are useless for their intended application (i.e. roads cars that don't work on the road).

The Bilsteins are very, very good. Damping rates and spring rates are excellent for a road and occasional track car. Good amount of travel, removes a lot of roll even on standard ARB rates. I rate them highly as an off the shelf option.

The air filter I found in the bin at the workshop, it's from a Saxo VTR. On the rollers it made 0.3bhp difference vs no filter at all. Charge temps aren't bad but its worth noting its been less than 8 degrees ambient for the past three months. This will get changed at some point, most likely when the new inlet manifold/induction setup goes on along with the new engine making its way into the car.

As for inlet manifold temperatures etc. the air mass moving through the manifold is moving at several hundred miles an hour and is 'considerable' in volume. PTFE gaskets help with a more accurate reading from the ATS at low engine speeds though as the body of the sensor is no longer heated by the manifold.

The dark bits in the lacquer on the wheel pic are where bits of brake pad have burnt the lacquer - you'll notice I got the brakes hot enough to burn the temperature tell tales off the caliper as well........ result :)

Battery cable is 12.5mm2.

Cheers
M

i think its just the angle of the photos that make it look high

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Quality, I think your the first person ive seen using the MBPerformance quick shifter like me, lovely bit of kit.

Quality, I think your the first person ive seen using the MBPerformance quick shifter like me, lovely bit of kit.

Haven't got a clue who MBPerformance are I'm afraid. This one came straight from China for 35 quid where they're hacking all sort of 'short shift' type things out.

I modified it by cleaning up the piss poor machining, spinning up some new nylon bushes for it and reducing the amount it shortened the throw to still provide ample time of the synchros to work. Its in there purely to reduce slop/play rather than reduce shift throw and it works very well with a nice tight change and clearly defined 'gate'.

If MBPerformance make a nice shiny one with decent machining then thats probably who the Chinese copied this one from!

Cheers
M

awesome work, bet it handles sublimely. going for these coilies for mine in the summer.

It's extremely good for a road car. Suspension wise its no firmer than some sporty BMW's/Audi's and has very good compliance.

Initial turn in is good and oversteer can be acomplished at any point with a bit of a lift. Holds its line very, very well under power.

It could do with a bit more negative camber so I need to dig some adjustment bolts out.

Cheers
M

320d
Nice car mate, love the functionality of the car, every mod is to make the car more drivable, win tbh.

Titanium 182
Looks like someone on here has finally got coilovers for the right reason - top job buddy, car looks good and I'm sure it goes well too! ;)