ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Retro Gaming Thread

F82 M4
I was one of the few who had the Mega Drive CD.

Remember Night Trap? Crazy game :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I can't believe Xenon was wiped from my memory, I used to play that all the time when I was a kid.

Anyone remember Space Harrier?
I'm surprised I didn't have an epileptic seizure playing this.

Another one i'd forgotten existed.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
A few of games I wasted hours on my Amiga 600 :D

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I can't believe Xenon was wiped from my memory, I used to play that all the time when I was a kid.

Anyone remember Space Harrier?
I'm surprised I didn't have an epileptic seizure playing this.

Another one i'd forgotten existed.

Haha, Barbarian.

Good times.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
beneathasteelsky_box4.jpg

"Please Insert Disc 12"

FFS!

275 Trophy
Showing my age but i loved this:

But this was probably my favourite:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
MEMORIES: Kempston interface joystick on spectrum, 48K rubber keys - I had the 48k plus tho with shitty hard plastic keys, got a 48k off ebay @ home tho still.

IK+ (International Karate +), BMX bandit, paperboy, How to be a complete b*****d! (great game free with sinclair magazine where you had to do pest stuff at parties like put clingfilm over toilet seats etc!!!!)

AMIGA - Zipstick joysticks, wings of fury, kick off, microprose soccer (with 'banana power' for ball curling), that ace game can't remember its name - like handball but proper aggressive if you know what I mean!? road rash too.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
One of the best intros to game, when this came out it was like a quantum leap in graphics.

It also reminds me of smoking shed loads of weed in the 90s.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
As much as KL was immense, the N64 version blew all beat em' ups away!

Goliath I

Used to love running from the ref!

My dad used to play this all the time...

When he completed it there was a code and a number to call... he got a Terrys Chocolate Orange!

275 Trophy
One of the best intros to game, when this came out it was like a quantum leap in graphics.

It also reminds me of smoking shed loads of weed in the 90s.

I used to love playing wipeout with this:
playstation_negcon_controller_large.jpg
Nobody ever seems to know about the neGcon, but comtempary reviews all pretty much said it was by far the best controller for racing games. It twisted in the middle to provide analogue steering, with near 360 degree of movement but also was very quick to respond unlike traditional steering wheels.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Looking through some of these youtube vids is like being reunited with an old friend you've not seen in years.

Two of the best snes games ever.

Probably been posted but...

Golden Axe!

[youtube]GiWHW5G6hlM[/youtube]

Double Dragon

[youtube]xb9P0YTeq5Y[/youtube]

Altered Beast

[youtube]ypGxYM3MHqY[/youtube]

DOOM

[youtube]yr-lQZzevwA[/youtube]

Road Rash

[youtube]9o5uTyvUNVk[/youtube]

Outrun

[youtube]WiWiTXq4yYY[/youtube]

Octy VRS

Another on the ST. The music!

I guess this is now retro being PS1. One of my favourite games, Bladerunner style cut scenes in a Manga style, really good background animated effects. Violence and nudity. Took up 4 disks though.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I've been trying to remember the name of this one since this thread started,
it finally came to me when I was walking the dog this morning.

So many memories.........R-Type. :approve:

Whoever's playing this is sh*t though, I was loads better at this when I was a kid.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Retro gaming for me was the PS1. We had a master system too, which I can vaguely remember shooting birds with a gun that resembled a hairdryer, but that's about it. We got a playstation when I was 6/7, and because of this thread I've been on youtube for the past hour having a search for the less well known games I remember playing.

I remember Olympic Soccer being the very first football game I ever played. I even remember playing a full 90 minute match against my brother; I was China and he was Saudi Arabia. Amazing what you remember when your brain's given a nudge. God knows how we played it, it looks hilarious! I remember two main things, triangle was overhead kick and you could score them from your own half, and that there was a glitch that if you tapped X twice by accident when kicking off, you'd score an own goal from the half way line. Good times.

My parents reluctantly bought me fighting for xmas one year. It was AWESOME. Properly brilliant. Best thing was you could two player co-op through the whole story.

I remember Nightmare Creatures being amazing at the time; it hasn't half dated though :(

Anyone remember Total Drivin'? Before GT came along, this was my favourite racing game by far. So much fun! I recall a rally stage in Scotland being a right ball ache.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I was a Sega man at heart, had the master system and mega drive... Loved streets of rage series, 2 being the best imo also loved road rash and desert strike!

However, I did buy a SNES for Street fighter 2, the mega drive couldnt cope with the conversion :(

I dred to think how much of my teenage life I wasted on them! I've had PS1/2 Saturn and Dreamcast but was never really arsed, until recently. Contemplating buying a PS3 as we speak!

Last edited:
  330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I still crack out my old Sega Game gear now, still absolutely love it. Recently picked up a lynx (always wanted one when released) and was amazed by the size of it, way ahead of its time though. Shame about the shitty marketing

Goliath I
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337281164.700901.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337281185.917497.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337281198.708797.jpg

Even managed to get some pussy in there

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337281226.387394.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337281174.703952.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337281174.703952.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 57
  320d M Sport
That's the one. I smashed that demo for ages. Never bought the full game (dunno why). Never forgot how good it was..

Monaco 172 Ph2

Used to love this on the ZX spectrum - think they re-released it on the NES aswell

Bumder With A Buffer
Cool!

I reckon that must of been around 1996-97 as I swear it was around the time I left school :eek:

I want to go and get my old PS1 out now ffsnake

A SHED!
not really old but metroid prime 3 corruption on the wii....what a great game for less than a tenner!!!