ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The rattles!! Bass related!

182 Trophy. 413/500
So, I've gone for a 1 series coupe to a 182 trophy and can't have the volume over 20-22 as the rattles from the bass just boil my piss!

I'm not one of these guys who has the bass turned up to ten, but in the 1er I never got any rattle or vibrations from having music loud.

I've just discovered the car has some Fli door speakers front and rear I'd of assumed better quality..... But I can't work out if the speakers are pure pants or it's the plastic trims vibrating massively. Or both!

Any advice on how to irradicate these annoying rattles from plastics/speakers and actually enjoy music loud again would be awesome. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You're weighing down a 182 Trophy with hefty audio equipment? Shame on you!

Is it definitely door card related? There are quite a few bits of trim and dash that vibrate even under normal driving - let along being agitated by bass.

182 Trophy. 413/500
haha unfortunately it is being weighed down, but was in the car when I got it. I'd of gone Focal or Alpine over Fli.
Seems to be from the speaker pods/covers area, mainly in the rear. Just wondered if it was a common thing or any quick fixes. Curious if dynamat sound deadening would make much difference.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Rears are a waste of time, unless you want to provide your backseat passengers with a good aural experience.

Get a decent head unit, amp under one seat driving some quality components up front then an underseat sub under the other seat. Job done.

If that doesn't give enough 'boom' then your amp can also power a boxed sub in the boot.

Dynamat is definitely an option to consider but like Warren said, you'll never get rid of the rattles, just notice different ones.

RB Clio 182
So, I've gone for a 1 series coupe to a 182 trophy and can't have the volume over 20-22 as the rattles from the bass just boil my piss!

I'm not one of these guys who has the bass turned up to ten, but in the 1er I never got any rattle or vibrations from having music loud.

I've just discovered the car has some Fli door speakers front and rear I'd of assumed better quality..... But I can't work out if the speakers are pure pants or it's the plastic trims vibrating massively. Or both!

Any advice on how to irradicate these annoying rattles from plastics/speakers and actually enjoy music loud again would be awesome. Thanks in advance

22? I find anything over 18 gives me a headache!

It will be the covers you can put bluetack on the contact points to take up the slack.

182 Trophy. 413/500
It will be the covers you can put bluetack on the contact points to take up the slack.
Yeah i went out this eve and it was the covers. I was going to go with stick pads but blutack is a much cheaper option haha thanks man