ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
@N0ddie
F0F489CC-DCAB-4E0F-9F61-26896FB1AE2F.jpeg

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Just ordered myself an Alienware AW3420W to make this lockdown slightly less shite.
If Cyberpunk is ever released it should look good.
Other than RDR2, FC2, GR:W and WD2 are there any recommendations for good open world games?

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Just ordered myself an Alienware AW3420W to make this lockdown slightly less shite.
If Cyberpunk is ever released it should look good.
Other than RDR2, FC2, GR:W and WD2 are there any recommendations for good open world games?

Not sure if you have played it, and i know it's old but i am a few hours into the Witcher, it's brilliant.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like they have made it a bit simpler to control from when I last looked.

With your QL fans you will be able to use the Lighting Node Core that comes with them to control the RGB, then in terms of fan speed control, if you have a fan splitter you could connect some together then plug into a PWN fan header on the motherboard or if you have a PWM fan hub that connects up to all your fans then connects to PWM header.

For the AIO you will have to use the Cooler Master software and then plug fans into splitter or hub then into PWM header to controller speed, i think the Corsair and the Cooler Master AIO both need the USB 2.0 so that could be interesting. The pump just runs at full speed all the time and can't be controlled which was an oversight i made.

RGB just ended up being such a ballache, so i just set everything to rainbow and then it matches rather then using 3/4 different programs just to set a matching colour.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I use QFan control in the BIOS to control my fan speeds. Much easier. A bit of a faff getting them just right initially but once set just leave alone.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I think being in isolation for 2 weeks didn't help this.

Also, that is the only intake on the case. My old one used the front and both sides so didn't have build up in one place.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Actually assembling a PC is easier than Lego. If you get it wrong you probably shouldn’t be operating your own cutlery at dinner!!

How you’ve let the parts build up and not been tempted to throw it all together I do not know!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Actually assembling a PC is easier than Lego. If you get it wrong you probably shouldn’t be operating your own cutlery at dinner!!

How you’ve let the parts build up and not been tempted to throw it all together I do not know!
Watch what you say

The amount of bent CPU pins I've seen or snapped pins is just daft. Why people don't at least watch a tutorial first is beyond me. I know we all start somewhere but f**k me have a bit of sense😂

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Watch what you say

The amount of bent CPU pins I've seen or snapped pins is just daft. Why people don't at least watch a tutorial first is beyond me. I know we all start somewhere but f**k me have a bit of sense😂

Do CPUs even have bendable pins these days?

I’m sure mine just has bobbles? (As in you could let a dog play with it for an hour and it’d probably still work!)

Fortunately it’s been made easy. Literally an adult version of this:

1604246430054.jpeg

The only exception I can think of is that sometimes there are 4 rectangle holes and you only have two rectangle things to plug in.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’m gunna leave it until mid week. There’s 3 house viewings here tomorrow which I forgot about.

Random one, I watched this -

(TLDR; aio is more efficient when mounted so hoses are at the bottom, plus longer life expectancy.)

And I’m now unsure of what way to mount the aio.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
You're right about the pipes, but if you can't mount it that way just make sure the pump isn't at the highest point. That way it will avoid air bubbles getting in it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
AM4 are still pins

If youre a rich shithouse and use intel then you can probably let your dog play with them😂😂
I still think the AMD way of having pins on the CPU with slots on the mobo is superior to Intel being the other way around.

When I cleaned the CPU pump recently, my eyes were convinced that one pin on the mobo was bent on the CPU bed. So far so good, but I much prefer the AMD way it slotting snuggly in once the pins match the holes.

So long as you're not a ham-fisted tool putting the CPU in place, you really can do no wrong. :)

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I still think the AMD way of having pins on the CPU with slots on the mobo is superior to Intel being the other way around.

When I cleaned the CPU pump recently, my eyes were convinced that one pin on the mobo was bent on the CPU bed. So far so good, but I much prefer the AMD way it slotting snuggly in once the pins match the holes.

So long as you're not a ham-fisted tool putting the CPU in place, you really can do no wrong. :)
i am hoping your right, if i can get my hands on a 5800x i will be changing my lads CPU and motherboard to AMD, never done anything like that before.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
i am hoping your right, if i can get my hands on a 5800x i will be changing my lads CPU and motherboard to AMD, never done anything like that before.
As @Jeff simply says - PC building is pretty easy these days - colour coding connections and making it so you really are guided along. I would strongly advise checking for the latest BIOS release before you reinstall Windows on the new PC too. I'd never just reconnect an O/S drive into a new PC and continue to use it. It would work - but if you're now switching to AMD from an Intel driven setup - there's always going to bits of floating s**t in the background. Start new - start afresh.

The biggest issue you'll have is routing the leads and cables around in the case. Do it all loosely first and make sure everything works. When it does, you can then congregate cables together or run them behind certain slots, etc. Airflow and reducing its restriction within the case is always key. :)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I need some inspiration on a new monitor, I'm currently using a ASUS PB277Q https://www.asus.com/uk/Monitors/PB277Q/

27" 2K resolution 75Hz at 1ms with 1 Display Port and 1 HDMI horizontal or vertical tilt also Picture in Picture

I'm looking at getting a new 27" 4K ideally with 1ms with split screen / picture in picture function something more than 75hz and HDMI 2.1 and the newer verison of Display Port.

I use my monitor for my desktop PC and also use it for the PlayStation and would like to play in 4K at a high refresh rate and watch 4K content on my PC for the first time.

Any know of any good quality brands or certain models on what i'm looking for. I'm looking to spend around £200+

thanks

Last edited:

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
If there's one thing that makes my head ache is when people just bundle all their excess cable, stick a cable tie round it and then shove it in the back of the case "because nobody can see it"

That's like saying "I don't wash my c**k because I don't have a girlfriend"

Proper shitsniffers