ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks @Silent_Scone :)

The monitor arrived today and I'm blown away with the quality; best one I've had yet and I've only been playing with it for a few hours. The colour reproduction is impressive and the G-Sync makes it sooooo smooth (not tried the 200Hz yet, will probably just stick with 144Hz). Love it.

home-office01_zpsfuqukkfj.jpg

home-office02_zpsmmz2ricj.jpg

Evo 5 RS
Uuurgh I miss it already. It really is awesome.

Not 800 quid awesome, though. Not sure how they can justify the current prices!

I paid off the V12 Finance for it though. Got what I paid for it! That's 8 months of solid use and no depreciation :p

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Your office has a lot less stuff in it than mine
To be honest I quickly moved all the junk and crap to the other end of the room that is not in shot! LOL! There are stacked boxes, paperwork that needs sorting, etc. :tonguewink: Sssssh!

Uuurgh I miss it already. It really is awesome.

Not 800 quid awesome, though. Not sure how they can justify the current prices!

I paid off the V12 Finance for it though. Got what I paid for it! That's 8 months of solid use and no depreciation :tongueout:
You're welcome to visit any time :smile:
EDIT: Bring the Evo.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Thanks @Silent_Scone :smile:

The monitor arrived today and I'm blown away with the quality; best one I've had yet and I've only been playing with it for a few hours. The colour reproduction is impressive and the G-Sync makes it sooooo smooth (not tried the 200Hz yet, will probably just stick with 144Hz). Love it.

Thats very nice. 32"? Your gonna have to get another though as having 2 different screens next to one another would mess with my OCD lol.

Also, I have that printer :up:

Love a good home office, I finally got mine completed this week after the move:

IMG_3710_zpsrjgonkmy.jpg

I like that. Though I'd put the tower on the floor as there really is no need to have it on the desk. Less "clutter" though clutter isnt the right word.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thats very nice. 32"? Your gonna have to get another though as having 2 different screens next to one another would mess with my OCD lol.

Also, I have that printer :up:
LOL! I would love another mate and it's seriously tempting to grab one (well, when the prices drop on them). It's a 35" with a 2000R curvature (those few extra inches make all the difference - my missus agrees). As for the printer, well, all the cool cats have them :smile:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Not that I tried, but the computer wouldn't actually fit under the desk as it is marginally too tall and would catch the metal work under the desk. But I prefer it where it is and you wouldn't see any of it under the desk (through the side window) and the desks are plenty big enough to take it (they don't look that big in the picture but they are actually 260cm wide).

F82 M4
Thanks @Silent_Scone :smile:

1080p?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
  F82 M4
That's response time, not the same thing. Input lag is the time it takes the TV to recieve a frame from the input, process it, and then display it. Response time is the time it takes for each pixel to actually change, after input, processing etc (the long bit!)
Ah sorry mate I misread :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Looks awesome man :cool:
Thanks mate. At over a grand I couldn't justify the Z34 with all its extra pixels. That said, I'm more than happy to stay at 1080p for another GPU generation or two until 4K and 60fps+ [at Ultra settings) is possible with a single GPU. The quality is superb; best gaming monitor I have ever had the pleasure of using and the colour / panel is so good that I'm even happy to use it for some of my design work. Bonus :)

Evo 5 RS
That's response time, not the same thing. Input lag is the time it takes the TV to recieve a frame from the input, process it, and then display it. Response time is the time it takes for each pixel to actually change, after input, processing etc (the long bit!)
I had the 40" VA panel that came before it. It's really not bad, the lag isn't as bad as you might think. Or course compared to high end 1440P and most G-Sync panels there's a fair contrast

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Memory, PSU and M.2 SSD ordered, now just got to see which CPU and GPU to go for.
CPU wise thought I may as well wait to see what happens with the new AMD platform, but more than likely will end up with a 7700k.
Just need to decide on a cooler as the NCase is pretty fussy size wise, the old Noctua C14 is apparently perfect for it but they don't make them anymore :(
As for GPU, I'll only be gaming on a Dell 2415 so 1920x1200, would like a 1070 variant I think, just need to see what comes in at a decent price and with cooling to suit the case.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
As for GPU, I'll only be gaming on a Dell 2415 so 1920x1200, would like a 1070 variant I think, just need to see what comes in at a decent price and with cooling to suit the case.
MSI have released news stating that they are announcing a new product next week - a mini ITX GPU. No mention on the spec yet but it's believed it will be a NVidia 1070. Might be worth a look...?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Possibly, the NCase can fit most full cards in, in fact I think I read somewhere it can struggle with the 'mini' ones as they are often taller!
Annoyingly blower style cards are preferred as they shovel the air out the case, but at the expense of increased noise.
Or I just say feck it and go for something like the EVGA Hybrid card which should stay nice and cool :smile:
Forgot how much fun choosing bits can be ;)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Is it worth while getting a Solid State Drive for eg 250GB for a new build if your just surfing the net, browsing videos and streaming stuff on it?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Is it worth while getting a Solid State Drive for eg 250GB for a new build if your just surfing the net, browsing videos and streaming stuff on it?

Definitely, as long as you set up default storage locations on a separate drive you'll get away with that.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've never had a SSD before and don't know how benefit it. Ok I'll get it to the order and you'll have to show me down the line or I'll get the jist of it.

Thanks

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
First few bits turned up today, m.2 drive is tiny!
Got a few weeks before the case turns up, just need motherboard, cpu and associated bits.
Might as well wait for the AMD stuff to be released and see what that's like :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Seriously considering drilling holes in my case. The fans for the GPU are hard up against the window, and it blows into a spot in the lower part of the case where there's no vent to extract the hot air.

Fiver says I crack the acrylic trying to drill a honeycomb pattern of 500 holes in it.

F82 M4
I've never had a SSD before and don't know how benefit it. Ok I'll get it to the order and you'll have to show me down the line or I'll get the jist of it.

Thanks

An SSD is the single most beneficial performance increase to any computer IMO.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
1080 Ti incoming? It is believed an announcement is due at an NVidia event at the end of February, just days before the official launch of AMD's Ryzen and news about Vega. Of course, it could all be hot-air and speculation still...

Evo 5 RS
1080 Ti incoming? It is believed an announcement is due at an NVidia event at the end of February, just days before the official launch of AMD's Ryzen and news about Vega. Of course, it could all be hot-air and speculation still...
I think it will be, I heard rumours for March.

Ryzen is nothing to get excited about if you already own an Intel HEDT platform

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Ryzen is nothing to get excited about if you already own an Intel HEDT platform
If you're already invested in a platform then unless it's ancient I'd agree.
My dilemma is starting from scratch again, seems worth waiting a few weeks to see how things go :)