ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters
They've been exceptionally clever this time around, by offering two legitimate upgrade paths. Owners who might not necessarily want the new hardware, might be tempted by the funky 5C. Those who don't fancy new colours might be tempted by the 5S' tech upgrades. In either case, the 5 will now be discontinued. I think this will encourage far more users to upgrade than would otherwise have bothered.

I still don't think jobs would ever have green lit the 5C.

An orange one
I'd have a 5C in 64GB all day long... I think in green and blue it's a very neat looking phone!

It takes itsself a bit less seriously than the 5 and S

Why would you go for a C? I don't understand!

IMO it looks really cool. My only potential concern would be the plastic swirl marking, and the fact that it doesn't have the new tech. Essentially just the new iPhone 5. It will appeal though, and it will sell.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
IMO it looks really cool. My only potential concern would be the plastic swirl marking, and the fact that it doesn't have the new tech. Essentially just the new iPhone 5. It will appeal though, and it will sell.

I think it looks cool too, and the video on apples website is great too.
As for swirl marks, I'm sure some detailing products would soon sort that :)

Still going to be a 5s for me though. 4s to a 5c would seem a bad move IMO.
Got to be grey/black too. Until I see a gold in person anyway

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
So, The 5S has finger print technology, slo mo video and a different flash to the 5C?(Excluding the hardware upgrade)

Still was really hoping for little changes like what my S4 has, the ability to upload any photo to any program just by clicking the photo rather than having to go into the program.
Little thing but makes a big difference IMO.

TT 225+
I think I may look into getting a 5s, EE are starting a scheme similar to O2 refresh which could be useful

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Seems a bit weird tbh. Is this the first time they aren't doing pre orders. Last thing I want to do is have to go anywhere near a phone shop on launch day.

Golf R/Leon FR
O2's contract prices for 4G are horrendous! They've released the price for a 16gb 5s, £120 upfront with £47 a month for 24 months!! Handset from Apple for me I think!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
O2's contract prices for 4G are horrendous! They've released the price for a 16gb 5s, £120 upfront with £47 a month for 24 months!! Handset from Apple for me I think!

I can't see this on their website???

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Rumoured for a 10th September reveal, and 20th release!

​There have been sightings of a new build with dual LED flashes and a bigger battery... also heard about possibly getting rid of the home button and using fingerprint recognition. What else are we hoping for!?

Not bad. What's happened to Apple? They never used to leak this much information so early.

Well some iPad cases were leaked at the same time as the iPhone 5C/S. Maybe there will be another apple event in the coming months for the iPad, they had two close together previously for releasing the iPad I think.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I really don't see the point in 4G, why do I need something faster on my mobile that I can get on my home broadband.

CLS320 with a D6
Yep I'd much prefer better 3G coverage.

This.

4G is such a fad. Get standard GSM coverage right before you think about GPRS, edge, 3/4g, hspda etc...

Makes me laugh how I can wave my willy to France atop the cliffs and get no uk signal, yet I have a selection of French networks to choose from. Work that out?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
4G is pointless period.
Why make 3G areas faster when they're fast enough as it is.
Just provide better speeds in rural areas ffs!

Technically thats what is happening, LTE is barely 4G as its name suggests its almost transitional. LTE-A (which is relatively easy to bring into service) is worthy of the 4G moniker.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The O2 tariffs still work out cheaper than buying the phone outright and picking a similarlly spec'd sim only tariff on O2.

£150 cheaper to take the O2 contract for 2 years as opposed to iPhone outright and 24 months sim only plan.

The tariffs are also only examples. More to be coming within the next week.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Do you really need a £47 contract though? I'd be paying about £20 a month if I didn't need internet tethering which bumps it up to £30.

£32 a month is the one I worked out prices on. Though I expect (Hope) for better tariffs within the week.

320d M Sport
So now that it's all announced who was first (as in site) to reveal the phone, or leak the most accurate info??

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
My monthly cost is £10 a month. So would think it will be cheapest to just buy from apple. But will have to see some example tariffs.

I'd hate to be tied to a tariff these days. Especially with such awesome handsets being released all the time.

OEM is the way to roll if you have the cash floating around.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I need to upgrade as my original iphone 4 is kinda old now. Need 32 gb really. So will just have to bite the bullet and pay up. Will last me another 3 years hopefully. See you at iphone 7.