ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The lowwwwwww ph2 - Progress Thread

Adz

Work van
Re: The lowwwwwww ph2 remake - Progress Thread

hazza - if you know the guys up there they do give you free stuff and discounts ;)

ive got a couple more big jobs to do next weekend but its all TOP SECRET lol

Adz

Work van

Some more pictures as i went crazy with the camera lol :approve:

DSCF4189.jpg

DSCF4187.jpg

DSCF4188.jpg

DSCF4193.jpg

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

As for the rear, I'd go no more than 65mm/70mm on it

90mm looks crap, 80mm wont look much better, 70mm should be spot on

It wants the back raising 20mm and the front dropping 20mm and it should still hold its original stance just with a 4 inch drop :)

U

Uddy

Great looking car! :)

It looks spot on, I'd leave it (for the outside). Also, that gap on your rear bumper either side is normal. Mine was exactly the same, also seem to sit a bit lower under the rear lights than the sports did. I learned to live with it, no one can tell apart from you and us clio owners haha. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Adz

Work van

Great looking car! :)

It looks spot on, I'd leave it (for the outside). Also, that gap on your rear bumper either side is normal. Mine was exactly the same, also seem to sit a bit lower under the rear lights than the sports did. I learned to live with it, no one can tell apart from you and us clio owners haha. :)

yeah out side is almost done just want to get a cup spoiler and get all the bumper trim and rear bumper painted again along with getting some dents push back out ;) then it time to start work on the inside :approve:

Evo 8 MR

Needs lowering, megane splitter, cup spoiler and xenons.

Adz

Work van

its 90mm at the front and around 70ish at the back photos arnt the best will up load better ones soon

st3ve - standard splitter is fine and cup spoiler is on my list of things to get ;)

Adz

Work van

***UPDATE***
This is quite a small update nothing marjor i got my arse in gear and tryed to figure out how i fit the h.i.d light, well i was kicking my self in the end as it was soo easy :D Frist i started to take the front bumper and light out as i still need to sand down the bumper brackets abit more.

DSCF41971.jpg

As my car is soo looow at the front i cant just stick my head under it and undo the bolts that hold the bumper on i have to jack the car up and stick it on some axle stands, it does make life quite alot easyer ;) after all that i started by sanding the bumper brackets down abit more and ive taken all the front arch liners out lol

DSCF42011.jpg

This is my work space nothing huge but it does the job quite will :eek:

DSCF42031.jpg

You can see the huge piece of bumper bracket that has been cut off and sanded down not the best picture in the world but you get the idea.

DSCF42001.jpg

When i started to fit the h.i.d units i didnt want the power pack on show so on the right light i mounted it under the light with some cable ties very happy with the result as you can see it at all :)

DSCF41991.jpg

On the left hand side light i could mounted the h.i.d unit like the right hand side one so i had to try and make it look neat but im going to have another look and try and find a new spot for it as it too on show for my liking :approve: will have a few more updates soon :D

Adz

Work van

Right when i was driving around last night i pulled over to have a look at the light and see how good they look and i found a little problem that will really bug me lol The front right light is nice and bright blue colour and the front left is abit more of a yellow colour which isnt right so ive order so 8000k bulbs to fix it as i think the bulb is broken or somthing like that :dapprove:

Adz

Work van

Right i have been toying with this idea for a while and well as my car isnt super fast in anyway. I think i need to dump a clio sport engine in it for the best power gains and even get some throttle bodies as well. I just need an idea apart from the engine what else will i need to change on the car like rear drums to sport discs etc?? ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Just buy a sport :rasp:

Right i have been toying with this idea for a while and well as my car isnt super fast in anyway. I think i need to dump a clio sport engine in it for the best power gains and even get some throttle bodies as well. I just need an idea apart from the engine what else will i need to change on the car like rear drums to sport discs etc?? ;)

Looms!

Adz

Work van

new camera new pictures hope you like ;)

Attachments

• DSCF0072.jpg
    DSCF0072.jpg
    573.1 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCF0071.jpg
    DSCF0071.jpg
    573.7 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCF0067.jpg
    DSCF0067.jpg
    586.5 KB · Views: 924
  • DSCF0069.jpg
    DSCF0069.jpg
    559.2 KB · Views: 127
  Civic Em1, Civic Eg4

Height at the front looks excellent mate! Do you get any rubbing at that height? I had mine abit lower than that a few days ago while trying to get it perfect but the inside of the alloy was scrubbing up against something so i have had to take it up. Gutted tbh :(

Adz

Work van

Height at the front looks excellent mate! Do you get any rubbing at that height? I had mine abit lower than that a few days ago while trying to get it perfect but the inside of the alloy was scrubbing up against something so i have had to take it up. Gutted tbh :(

im on 15s and i had to take out all the front arch liner and cut the bumper braket no rubbing now just need the rear to sit a little lower then ill be happy :approve:

Adz

Work van
Adz,

What color is your car exactly? :)

the code is 632 its a very nice silver in the sun ;) the rear bumper and all side trim has been re-painted since the photos, need to post some new ones as soon as i fix photobucke :(

Adz

Work van
hutchie it already been lowered i really want to put my custom springs back in so ill post better pictures of how low it is, my car and speed bumps now make contact its quite funny when you have a car behind you ;)

Adz

Work van
just took these pictures not that good :dapprove: will get better pictures at the essex meet on sunday :approve:

4499911753_a3ba632776.jpg

4500553598_b0266cabb9.jpg

4499916753_8a3ee61f8e.jpg

4500550558_dcc54bffac.jpg

4500548752_66d8639f71.jpg

the code is 632 its a very nice silver in the sun ;) the rear bumper and all side trim has been re-painted since the photos, need to post some new ones as soon as i fix photobucke :(

Ah ha! I have the same colour, a right pain to match! Did you do it yourself?

Loving the work so far :approve:

Adz

Work van
UPDATE !!!

Last week i fitted my k-tec big brake kit and bled all the brakes which got quite alot of air out of the system ;)
The weather has been great over the past week soo i went to halfords got some caliper paint and high temp paint ready for this weekend. Ive painted the front caliper yellow they look lovely and work really well with the black wheels and silver. I couldnt paint the front and leave the poor old drums alone they needed abit of tlc soo i painted them black ;) I also cleaned the front coilovers up and while i was doing that i feel the need to go lower so i got the c spanner out and went 5mm lower at the front :rasp: some pictures of the results hope you like.

4548390986_2b320cc4a8_b.jpg

4547757869_7f76d198a2_b.jpg

4547760797_12d69023e6_b.jpg

4547763973_8924b3ec98_b.jpg

;)

Adz

Work van
Looks nice but go looooooooower.

Im going to go back to my custom rear springs after ive had my arches rolled, i cant get my finger in the arch as it is very low. The picture with the front wheel yellow caliper i had the car jacked up that why it looks quite high. I get a little bit of rub on the font tyres 195/50s yoko prada spec 2 which are quite a chunky tyre. I will be changing them soon so i can go that little bit lower :approve:

Mk1 16v 172 hybrid
Im going to go back to my custom rear springs after ive had my arches rolled, i cant get my finger in the arch as it is very low. The picture with the front wheel yellow caliper i had the car jacked up that why it looks quite high. I get a little bit of rub on the font tyres 195/50s yoko prada spec 2 which are quite a chunky tyre. I will be changing them soon so i can go that little bit lower :approve:

I got rub on my front I can only just fit my finger under the front arch and I am running 205 45 16 just had to cut part of the arch away. Keep the pics comming and the good work.

Charged Superleggera

car looks very nice mate. if your after a set of custom springs for the rear then i have the set that foxy used to have. i will be selling them very soon so if your interested give me a shout:)

Adz

Work van
update

well ive had my custom springs laying around for quite somtime now so i thought ill would pop them in and see how the car was.......well it slamed it so i striped the rear out which brought it up 5mm which help, only problem i had was my tyres on the rear are about 1mm away bumper bracket this was after i had grinded it down :dapprove:
Also the springs didnt have much travel in them soo i had the nice sound of spring on spring plus if i put them in again im going to cable tie them down as i dont want them poping out :dapprove: Im trying to find some ways of sorting these problems out with rubber spring protectors for the noise of spring contact and maybe swap my 195/50/15 tyres for 175/50/15 which will add a little strech and stop my tyres getting chewed up :D

4607785271_4a8eb160fe_b.jpg

4607784745_099f80a56c_b.jpg

4608392730_6621742034_b.jpg

4607783723_2ee4308469_b.jpg

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Coming along well I think it looks better without the custom rear springs though