ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The lowwwwwww ph2 - Progress Thread

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Re: The lowwwwwww ph2 remake - Progress Thread

slammed172 - Ive got a carbon fibre one from ktec coming and i will after xmas probs when ive been payed and then ill new wheels aswell :cool:

mattH - the system was £269 that will discount and decat was £98 but dont get a decat as it make the car too loud
Currently got a diy decat and backbox which cost me all of £40 lol.

Adz

Work van

the guy that im getting to put the coilovers used to be a full time mechanic he cant do it until after christmas and as he chargeing me £50 i think i can wait till then.

Low 'n' Slow

the guy that im getting to put the coilovers used to be a full time mechanic he cant do it until after christmas and as he chargeing me £50 i think i can wait till then.

do them yourself, its actually not that hard to do

Adz

Work van

i no how to do it just havent got all the tools like spring clamps etc lol:dapprove:

Low 'n' Slow

i no how to do it just havent got all the tools like spring clamps etc lol:dapprove:

you don't need spring clamps if your fitting coilovers. just leave the springs on the front struts the rear springs will just fall out.

Fitted mine with a jack, some axle stands and a cheap tool kit lol i followed the fitting guide on here. was suprised at how easy it was.

421 Cammed 172

Smooth the back bumper out mate.

Samoose (IIRC) had his done and they look quite nice smoothed.

you don't need spring clamps if your fitting coilovers. just leave the springs on the front struts the rear springs will just fall out.

How did you get the top mounts off the standard shocks without spring clamps then?

Adz

Work van

How did you get the top mounts off the standard shocks without spring clamps then?

thats what i was thinking you need to clamp the spings to take the top mounts off lol

Adz

Work van

right i know how to do the front's just wondering on the rear's, do i take the bit off the top that is circled in red or do i put the old top mount on top of that ?

DSCF4129.jpg

alien green rs133

one bit of rubber goes under neath and one ontop of the hole it goes through, but first you need to take the cover off your other shock as it incorperated the bump stops.

there should be instructions in the box btw

Adz

Work van

one bit of rubber goes under neath and one ontop of the hole it goes through, but first you need to take the cover off your other shock as it incorperated the bump stops.

there should be instructions in the box btw

didnt come with any lol have you got a picutre of this or a diagram ?

alien green rs133

ok i admit i explained it badly.

slide everything off the top after unscrewing the nut, keeping it all in order.
slide the cover off your old shock onto new shock (cover is a black plastic bit similar diameter to a bog roll tube, with a rubber end on it.)
slide things back on in order apart from the last three things to go on.
a rubber,
a washer
and a nut.

put strut through the hole, put rubber then washer and then tighten nut down.

then you gotta wind that fecker down till its scrubbing :D

simples, you will kick yourself its so easy

The standard dust cover wouldn't go on worth a feck on my V-Maxx coilies, just left them off in the end. Hutchie is correct though everything goes on the bottom apart from one rubber one washer and the nut.

Adz

Work van

SMALL UPDATE

I got this in the post today looks really nice im very happy with it thanks K-tec :approve:

DSCF41341.jpg

oh and i almost forgot i painted my wing mirrors satin black will post pictures when the weather is better.

ValverInBits

can I be the first to say....

wtf is that? Don't recognise it?

Low 'n' Slow

The standard dust cover wouldn't go on worth a feck on my V-Maxx coilies, just left them off in the end. Hutchie is correct though everything goes on the bottom apart from one rubber one washer and the nut.

i left the standard cover off as well. couldn't get them on and couldn't see how there would be any room for them when it was slammed to the ground.

FK Coilovers + Custom Springs, before every man and his dog got them like nowadays!

Mustang, S13, AX GT

So low it was on the bump stops on the back, roffle at following you to demon tweeks it looked so comfy.

bmw e92 330d '09

you've got quite a job on your hands to get it too look like f0xy's

but i wish you good luck... i shall keep an eye on this

MK3

Dynamiqueee

Cars looking good mate, same kind of route i want to go down. Dont suppose youve got a video of your exhaust without the de-cat?

Adz

Work van

Cars looking good mate, same kind of route i want to go down. Dont suppose youve got a video of your exhaust without the de-cat?

i havent made one but i will sooon and ill have some big updates as well just been abit busy with my new job lol ;)

Adz

Work van

----UPDATE----
:approve: Well i ordered this all over xmas from ktec and im over the moon with it all and they posted it super fast so thanks to ktec for that, just waiting for the snow to go before i can fit it all.

ktr solid top mount
ktr big brake kit
carbone lorraine dot 4 brake fluid

will upload more pictures when it is all fitted :D

DSCF41571.jpg

Adz

Work van

well i went to r-tec today to get my coilovers fitted with the custom rear spring going back on monday to get new wheels and to get the custom springs taken out as it is just too lowwww. hope you like ;)

DSCF0742.jpg

DSCF0739.jpg

DSCF0741.jpg

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

You need to go way lower on the front to pull the rear off IMO

Megane 225

That is lowwwwwwwww! How much do those rear springs lower it by?

Fuking lol! Sorry mate but IMO that looks absolutely gash. It doesnt look lowered, it just looks like the whole rear suspension has given up! Can't see the appeal to be honest, but each to their own.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Fuking lol! Sorry mate but IMO that looks absolutely gash. It doesnt look lowered, it just looks like the whole rear suspension has given up! Can't see the appeal to be honest, but each to their own.
Sorry dude, but have to agree with Dan.

Jord pulled the look off as he had the right wheels and stance.

Adz

Work van

the front is as low as it will go without rubbing but the back will be going back up just wanted to see what it looked like lol