ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

Qashcow
Nice one Gaz, you'll love it. I drove a fair amount of FD's before deciding on the R32 and glad I went with that choice.

Hicas delete, decat, done.

Paid about 7500 back in 2006, wish I'd bunged it in storage rather than selling it

Qashcow
Very weird sensation which may work on track but certainly doesn't on the A40...

It switches positions depending on speed. I can't remember the three different speeds but say your driving at 68mph round a long left hander and creep to 69mph (or whatever speed it is) the rear wheels instantly change from zero degrees to upto 4 degrees. You feel it twitch and oh god its odd. Delete kit is fairly simple to fit.

Can pretty much guarantee the dash will have a bubble in it, I liked to call that a bit of character lol. Tapety engine is normal, eurocarparts oil filter won't fit and will require a rebuild if you fit one. Urmm, think that's about it, oh don't fit different sized wheels/tyres front/rear as it'll rape the transfer box.

I don't know how you drive your cars but on a dry day at least once in your ownership, standing start at 4k rpm. I was soeechless but only did it the once, I liked the gearbox hah

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
you have to man foot off the clutch for a 4 k launch dont slip it or you can say bye bye lol!

hicas on a 32 is just a lock out bar isnt it??

everyone moans about hicas, however porker have just slapped it on their new car lol!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It seems legit, there's users of other forums using different importers being told the same.

Cheers Gally. We'll see, I bet the wiring of those gash fogs is interesting!

I guess it depends how theyre shipping it. (RoRo or container) and where from. But on our sailing schedules at work I can see plenty leaving Japan in March arriving in Tilbury and Southampton on 34 day transits.

Still, not that it really mattters. Its'a coming ! :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Why is it a shame, bags ride a hell of a lot better than most of the mainstream coil overs out there!!! Good bags have rebound and a hardness setting on them....

Disastra Coupe
Why is it a shame, bags ride a hell of a lot better than most of the mainstream coil overs out there!!! Good bags have rebound and a hardness setting on them....

I've always been under the impression bag's are generally a bit lardy? If i'm wrong fair enough but i'd have thought if that wasn't the case we'd see them being used more often on more hardcore cars...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Loads of manufacture super cars use bags of a type, however there are many track cars running them too, a good settup provides handling just like coil overs, being able to control the rebound the same way normal coil overs do makes them better, the bag acts as a spring and is valved for the stiffness so yes cheap bags can be a bit wallowy, but a good set will perform just as well as most coil overs, tbh cheap bags will perform better than cheap coil overs most people seem to buy off of eBay and chuck on anything and say they are amazing!

What happens when Re:Amemiya get hold of a Lotus Europa...

RE-Amemiya-Europa-21.jpg

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/01/rotary-buzz-re-amemiya-20b-europa/

I'm not sold on it!

I don't particularly want it to be anywhere near that, that's no fun on the road. You have to have the race cars in the air and go through gears etc to warm the transmission up before going on track!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
As someone who has only recently started to take an interest in Jap cars (this is probably already amongst the 500+ pages of this thread [I hope it is]) this is pretty much my perfect car (minus the Allstars decal on the windscreen):

​It very recently changed hands so it appears.

[imgo]http://www.stancenation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/front_side_higher.jpg[/imgo]