ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

think theres a few GT's but not sure on the GT-R's. GT's can be had for 15k or so i think. Main problem at the moment as im sure youre aware is the exchange rate for importing parts/cars - it aint in our favour. Just got some mines carbon parts for the GT-R from japan and the price of them is shocking!

I've been looking at shiny bits for the 9 and small heart attack is an understatement.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
I've been looking at shiny bits for the 9 and small heart attack is an understatement.

yeah i know where youre coming from - who do you use? Nengun.com and japanparts.com ive found to be decent and reasonably quick at delivering. With nengun you can insure it for a lower value and pay less customs charges when it comes into the uk. which is a big bonus!

I only picked up the civic at the weekend so not bought anything as yet. Looking to service it and give it a thorough going over before I start looking at a shopping list of toys.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i never post on here anymore - but since this thread is still going after all this time. my latest toy.....

DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

DSC00570.jpg

Rear light mod, I see?

Looks MINT!

Their site isn't as bad as some to look at.

Look at some of the exhaust systems about for the EK9/DC2 etc , £2k+ for some of them, and I'm not talking manifolds included at that price!

Charged Superleggera
Have you taken a look on the spoon site, some stuff you think hmmm not as bad as i thought n then othdr stuff is heart attack enducing stuff. (spelling)

Like spoon calipers £1069.60 for a pair

http://www.spoonsportseurope.net/index.php/

Spoon calipers actually came down abit in price at the beggining of this year. Were around £1300 without discs or pads. They hold their value though and decent second hand ones stlll go for £700-750 mark

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Their site isn't as bad as some to look at.

Look at some of the exhaust systems about for the EK9/DC2 etc , £2k+ for some of them, and I'm not talking manifolds included at that price!

K-swap dan knows a good place down south that makes systems just as good if not better for alot less apparently, it where his is from. Ill get the name if your interested bud.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol look at the exhaust systems on a r35 gtr... easily say goodbye to 5k lol! there is a guy on fduk who has the second fd3s rx7 produced, it has a fully custom titanium exhaust from the turbo back, its an amazing work of art! receipt for it is 7k! he didnt pay for it, the car was owned by one of the mazda designers in japan!

turkish and stoddie, try new era parts if you are importing speak to miguel, he is a good guy or touge factory is good also...

for the rarer parts or if you are happy with second hand parts, drop me a pm i got a friend who now lives in japan he sends over a container every 3-4 months full of stuff or can express freight it if you want it sooner! he will mark small parts as warrantee replacement too so you pay NOTHING on import tax...

K-swap dan knows a good place down south that makes systems just as good if not better for alot less apparently, it where his is from. Ill get the name if your interested bud.

Mine has a full system on it already, although I'm happy enough with the sound I'm not overly keen on the tailpipe/backbox design (it's all 5zigen gear) I prefer the look of the spoon N1 personally. Thanks for the heads up though.

Edit: cheers for the heads up Malice. First priority with mine is to service it and give everything a thorough checking over before I get carried away with mods.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
which 5zigen you got si? i want a miracle fireball for my rex :D

got a couple other links for parts too if you want the info when u need it :)

edit** isnt spoon uk based in cirencester or something??

V6 Exige, GTR R35
Cheers MaLicE will bare that in mind - the amount of cash ive paid to customs over the years.....
im not a fan of newera parts, had a problem with them recently over a mines front grille for the gtr and to be honest they were very @rsey about it. Parts from the states are cheaper than they are from japan too think a lot of tuning companies in japan realise the cost that people who want the parts will pay.
Aye chris got the zele rear light kit on it. Apart from a miltek Y-pipe its standard engine wise and ran 560 ponies on extremes rollers a couple of months back.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Lol awesome, reminds me of wangan. But on a serious note not to long ago a famous jap drifter iirc was doing the same thing and they had a massive accident killing a driver that wasnt even involved. No doubt Malice/ Turner/ Turkish etc will know about it.