ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

Integra Type-R DC2
j0sh is that s2k a uk car? if so im pretty sure one with that plate was stolen a few years back?

Yea, based in scotland. The guy imported the car himself and co-owns privateimports.co.uk

Edit: Vid of the same car here ;)

[youtube]p5hxgB2P8B0[/youtube]

Last edited:
  White Sti Hatch
9zpeo.jpg

o6fryh.jpg

b88hur.jpg

ValverInBits
Quite a techie one here, but i enjoyed it.

Scoob STi......with.....

Roller barrell throttles - normal butterfly throttles still have the minor restriction of the butterfly at full chat, hence why F1 use barrell type throttles.

This guy is thinking the same way, and has even put in consideration for good flow tumble past his injector.

itb.jpg

itb%20transparent.jpg

NEW%20complete%20ass%27y.jpg

[youtube]ta6iJiKbfHg[/youtube]

ITB%20UNFINISHED%201.JPG

ITB%20UNFINISHED%202.JPG

ITBs%20001.JPG

Finished%20001.jpg

Leak%20Testing%20001.jpg

ValverInBits
^^ Im guessing thats fast as fook?
well at the end of the thread the geezer gives up! Develops a boost leak from the injector seals and says he'd need new injectors and a different rail to complete it so gives up. Massive dissapointment tbh. I've never seen anything quite like it for road use. I'm thinking V8 with barrell throttles........

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i would hope he is pushing 1000bhp plus otherwise its pointless lol! there are stupid power cars running butterflys i mean ever 1200bhp drag cars run butterflys even top fuel drag cars do, so i dont see the point lol?

Integra Type-R DC2
i would hope he is pushing 1000bhp plus otherwise its pointless lol! there are stupid power cars running butterflys i mean ever 1200bhp drag cars run butterflys even top fuel drag cars do, so i dont see the point lol?

Same reason people decide to run 600 bhp on a road car. For s***s and giggles. I guess if he has a vested interest in that sort of thing, its a pretty cool project to undertake.

ValverInBits
Same reason people decide to run 600 bhp on a road car. For s**ts and giggles. I guess if he has a vested interest in that sort of thing, its a pretty cool project to undertake.

That's my thinking. It's an interesting project. Admittedly, I can't see the gains with a turbo setup, but that doesen't mean it's not worth doing if your interested.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
oh no i understand he did it for a project, just it seems a little pointless to me... i wonder if it flows more than a simple butterfly

loving that barrel tb stuff! propper interesting that. who cares if its pointless, that guys got some skills and i admire that.

Integra Type-R DC2
oh no i understand he did it for a project, just it seems a little pointless to me... i wonder if it flows more than a simple butterfly

Apparently so. At full throttle theres no butterfly to reduce air flow, so I guess it will give a small increase in power. I had a brief flick through the thread last night and he mentioned about it also giving better MPG because the air and fuel mixes alot better, making it slighlty more efficient. Its all Greek to me though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Old Skool update time.

A quick run-down, Skylines.

C10 Hakosuka

Skyline_C10.jpg

C110 Kenmeri

GT-RC110.jpg

C210 Japan

IMG_9127.jpg

R30 pre-facelift

skyliner30%281%29.jpg

R30 post-facelift Tekamen

post-a193978-

R31

800px-Nissan_Skyline_Coupe_GTS-R_%28R31%29_001.jpg

Personally, out of them all, I'd have the Hako. It just looks 'right' IMO.

It's a shame that if you want a genuine KPGC10 GT-R, you're looking at the think end of 997 money. You can pick up loads of replicas based on the "regular" KGC10 GT though, for reasonable money. Mint cars though, so much cool factor.

The Kenmari's and Hako's are favourites for Boso too, there's loads with huge external oil coolers etc. I think they look cool, but not everyone's cuppa. lol.

The R30/31 is the ugly duckling IMO. But they can be made to look pretty brutal... I think that's the charm. I'd still like one for the rarity though. lol

Mint.

r30skyline111.jpg

Your favourite? Surely the Hako too, right?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I know what you mean. I love the one I posted on the Watanabes, above. Brutal.

Pity they weren't all that fast.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Suzuki Escudo Monster XL7 = ANIMAL!!

Not road legal

engine.........................Twin Turbo V6
valvetrain.....................DOHC 3 Valves / Cylinder
displacement.............1998 cc / 121.9 cu in
power...........................985 bhp @ 8100 rpm
hp per litre...................492.99 bhp per litre
drive wheels...............4WD
front tire size...............285/680-17
rear tire size................285/680-17
weight...........................800 kg / 1764 lbs
wheelbase..................2540 mm / 100.0 in
front track.....................1512 mm / 59.5 in
rear track......................1510 mm / 59.4 in
length............................5050 mm / 198.8 in
width.............................1900 mm / 74.8 in
height...........................1510 mm / 59.4 in
transmission..............Sequential 6 Speed

Suzuki-2_grande.jpg

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FXaBnh7PuD4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FXaBnh7PuD4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

IMG_1891-web-757542.jpg

S23

The Cleee-O
^^^ That MX5 is spot on! Murdered out with the perfect stance. Always had a soft spot for them since my mums one. It does look awesome though :cool: