ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

Tappd'd RS
Nearly halfway down page 2 FFS!

Anyway, hopefully not a repost. I think i prefer the non-GT version tho with the rear windows.

Coupe-HT9.jpg

Coupe-HT-5.jpg

Coupe-HT7.jpg

Coupe-HT6.jpg

Coupe-HT8.jpg

S23

The Cleee-O
Wow! That R32 is amazing...so simple.....I love it! The whimmmmzzzz, the cage, the brakes, the stance, all so nice. Corrr, never really liked R32's either. Hmmm :D

clio 200 F4Rt
just fitted a J's Racing exhaust to my mates white S2k.

freaking sweet bit of kit! full titanium system, sounds wild!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
b*****d you got a 99 spec nose! and spoiler! you get stung much?

looks nice wheels 18's?

b*****d you got a 99 spec nose! and spoiler! you get stung much?

looks nice wheels 18's?

The 99 nose is getting changed for a pre 99 one weekend coming, I seem to be the odd exception that hates the 99 front! Got some 99 rear lights to go on.

Wheels are 17"

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I love Jazz's.. my ex has one, and they have so much potential! Slam it, and they look great!

sell me the nose lol! swap you a pre 99 spec and some dorrars

Already sorted a swap, I really dont understand why people like them compared to the earlier front.

What brakes are you runnning? Looking at changing the front now, thinking hi-spec after the d2/k-sport thread.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
yeh saw your thread and commented, tbh, i have seen the hispec kits first hand along with the ksport/d2 kits and tbh if your just using it for fast road the d2 is prob gonna be ok for you, i dont like the hispec kit as tbh it doesnt seem any better than the d2 stuff... plus i hate atomic rex (currently taking them to court!!)

on the rx7 club (american site) there is some info that evo 6 (i think) calipers (brembo) fit straight on! im pretty sure you could get calipers disks pads and lines for under 400 and i would have a shed load more faith in the brembo's than anything else for similar monies... either that or get on yahoo japan auctions saw some grex calipers go for 500 the other day with new disks and pads!

clio 200 F4Rt
link to said d2/k-sport thread?

Alot of people use the k-sports on thier impreza's (me included) and i havent heard one bad thing about them.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
search for info on d2 stuff its exactly the same from the same factory... and as for k sport i would rather die than use it, its cheap and nasty plus the supplier in the uk is apex and they suck donkey dick lol...

Pug 205 gti
search for info on d2 stuff its exactly the same from the same factory... and as for k sport i would rather die than use it, its cheap and nasty plus the supplier in the uk is apex and they suck donkey dick lol...

iv had d2 coilovers before, i was very impressed with them

A silver Honda
^^I had D2s on my old Delsol. Very stiff but it handled so well.

Yep D2s and K-Sports are the same, made in the same factory

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol the fact of the matter is companies like d2 and ksport are ok if you are just wanting a simple cheap product... i have driven on k sports etc, compare these to parts that are made by good companies and there is a HUGE difference, went in a rx7 on k sports, then fitted ohlins to my rx7 the difference is actually completely night and day... same with brakes compare k sports or d2's to alcons or ap's or brembo's there is a HUGE difference in quality, there have been reports of d2 and k sport discs exploding, calipers getting hot then seizing and not working when needed! or calipers cracking, blowing seals, pistons corroding and sticking solid inside the calipers...

2 most important things on a car is steering and brakes, why the f**k would you put cheap suspect parts in these areas?? if you are upgrading power to a level that you need to upgrade the brakes or steering do it propperly or upgrade the brakes etc first thing i learnt very quick with my 200, do it cheap do it twice... simple as buy cheap parts they 90% of the time fail and need replacing alot quicker than premium brands, some people may say its badge whoring but if you look at cars that carry all major manufacturer parts, they very rarely fail... compared to cars with the cheap parts on.

**same with rota rims**