ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

4694467.jpg

Need more info on this!! I'd Love to build one like this :D

Here's the spec:

Modifacations:
1995 Mazda Miata R package

Engine:
GT28R Turbine
FM exhaust manifold and down pipe
Self built V-mount
Self built Coolant re-route
Custom Fuel rail with RC 550 inj
Custom 3in Exhaust system
Link engine management

Drivetrain:
6 speed gearbox

Suspension:
Afco coilovers with custom top hats
FM sway bars
Poly ura bushings
FM strut brace
Bolt in cage

Tires and rims:
Panasport C8 16×10 0 off front 16×11 -35 off Rear
Hankook Ventus RS-2 225-45
Yokohama AVS Sport 245-45

Body:
Mazda Speed N2 flares
Garage Vary lip
Garage Vary tail light conversion
Charge speed canards
Self hacked bumpers F+R
Rear diffuser off of Saleen S7
Erubuni CF hood
Axis Power Racing CF trunk
Custom head lights

Interior:
Dash from 91 miata
every creature comfort removed
AC & Heater delete
Nardi wheel
Joy Fast knob
Kevlar seats
mix match gauges
Sabelt harness’s

And here's some more pictures (most likely reposted as they do look familiar!):

front-angle.jpg

Chris-Lee-Miata-Front.jpg

Interior.jpg

Chris-Lee-Full-Side.jpg

http://roadstergarage.net/2010/11/roadster-of-the-month-chris-lees-mental-miata/

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol turkish, i saw one the other day and got all excited and shouted "A CUBE" gf wasnt impressed but the milf driving it got excited and was talking to me about it, let me sit in it.... felt like a prick but i really really want one! if i lived in cali i would have one dropped as low as it would go on some old cherry blossom rims, car in white, red centres on the rims and VIP spec inside lol!

Swift Sport
Love that ^^

Silly question...

What's the difference between a Datsun 510 and an old Skyline? I know that Datsun and Nissan are tied together but I don't know how you determine between the two. Is the Skyline a sports version of the 510??

Shell is almost identical, which is why there are so many Skyline replicas made from 510s. Skyline is as you say, a sports car based in the 510.

Thats how I understand it anyway, I will now be ripped to pieces by Christopher and Malice...

510:
1971_Datsun_510_2_door_Restored_Front_1.jpg

Skyline:
JCCS-DATSUN0033.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Different chassis and body, despite looking very similar.

Both shared L Series engines & drivetrains. C210 Skylines were longer wheelbase and had a couple of engines that weren't shared by the 510's. S20 for one... a decent, genuine S20 lump nowadays is nearly as much as a whole 210 Skyline GT. LOL

S20's were bespoke L20's. Like the difference between Honda's B16A2 in the VTi & B16B in the EK9. Only more so. A 2l straight six, that revved to over 9k, in the early 70's. Epic.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I really wanting a Mark II, nowadays. Just for the lols.

Either that or stick to the EK plan. Went to view one for Si (Turkish) in September and it gave me the bug all over again.

Swift Sport
My mate has recently bought a black EK9 with red Recaros, he's added a few import mods like strut braces and induction stuff. I didn't really know what all the fuss was about as I'd been told they were very similar performance-wise as a Clio Sport.

Once I had a go in it all became clear... Want.

Depending on when you look to go to an EK fella if I've bought one I may due to circumstance have to shift it on within a 12month. Will keep you posted.

VX220
I would take a Scion over a Cube.
2008_scion_xb_gold-7959421.jpg

picture124jc0.jpg

Technically the Scion wasn't JDM rather USDM so would have to be the Toyota bB it was based on.
Toyota-Bb2.jpg

2916412141_3c926555aa_o.jpg

phaze2productions.jpg

CamberD.jpg

vca385.jpg