ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Taken at 4am this morning. The closest the storm got was 6 seconds away. Only saw a few forks so I was chuffed to get these two. They're not great pictures, I was just happy that I captured a couple.

9348383237_98e817f254_z.png

Lighting in Wolverhampton by Tom Cash, on Flickr

9351164480_7abbbbe0d5_z.png

Lighting in Wolverhampton by Tom Cash, on Flickr

I missed an absolute cracker that would have been framed perfectly just as I was getting ready for work. :( Oh well, not the best scene anyway!

2014 Focus Titanium
Not sure whether I actually like this shot of mine. It doesn't seem to "pop" no matter what I do. Moon shot taken at 11:30pm through the woods in a trip up to Scotland to see the Open Championship.

9385064714_260929d3ab_c.jpg

Night-2 by Alan D. Key, on Flickr

That lambo is just out of this world. It makes the clio look like a childs toy ffs.
That Lambo is sick! Matt black is so awesome on a supercar.
Yeah, looked like the batmobile. Absolute weapon! It corners SO flat it's almost laughable. You think the Clio goes around corners well until you try and follow one of these. It made the Clio look like it was standing still.

Seriously, I was directly behind it on a bend, absolutely going for it and was just left for dust.

I know you'd expect that from a Lambo, but experiencing it is something else.

2014 Focus Titanium
Yeah, looked like the batmobile. Absolute weapon! It corners SO flat it's almost laughable. You think the Clio goes around corners well until you try and follow one of these. It made the Clio look like it was standing still.

Seriously, I was directly behind it on a bend, absolutely going for it and was just left for dust.

I know you'd expect that from a Lambo, but experiencing it is something else.

Yeah, everyone bangs on about how well Clios handle, but Supercars are just something else!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Took a drive around yesterday and a bit of a walk.

Had a few places in mind that I wanted to shoot with the Ten stop. Here's a few of them.

Didn't have to travel far. This is on my door step.
9420924521_657c453d77_c.jpg

Rhuddlan Castle by A_Cro, on Flickr

A drive to Llandudno.
9423662186_d2e97f287a_c.jpg

Llandudno pier by A_Cro, on Flickr

And over to Conwy.
9420970729_7aa8326033_c.png

Wreck by A_Cro, on Flickr

Spotted this in the marina car park. Not a long exposure, just a quick snap. It went past me later in the evening, surprisingly quiet.
9420883985_66893f1523_c.png

Mustang by A_Cro, on Flickr

More can be found here http://www.flickr.com/photos/zipzooka/

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I love the one of Llandudno Pier, A_Cro :) I’m going to wales for a week starting on sunday and we’re right near Llandudno so I’ll make a trip down there, I have a 10 stop too so I’m planning on doing some long exposures which is something I’ve not done in a while. I’m also wondering is 50mm is wide enough to get a decent composition of most scenes.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers :)
Yeah your 50mm should be ok for a few shots. It weighs nothing anyway so I'd pack it if I were you. I nearly used mine when I was walking along the promenade and Conwy Quayside but i kept with the 10-20 or the 55-250 for the bird shots.

Where about are you staying? Hopefully the weather will be nice for you. Plenty to see and do around here.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Well I have no choice with it being my only lens at the moment (that’s changing in a few months time when my birthday comes around), the weight is fine even with it being hefty for a 50 at 500g. It should be wide enough for certain scenes, it’s surpising how wide 50mm is on FF, totally different to APS-C.

I’m staying in Prestatyn, so it’s not too far from Llandudno and other places, I’ve been there before though so we’ve got a few places in mind, and as you say, I just hope the weather is alright.