ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

I took more of them than the cars :eek: I got a couple I'm relatively happy with but I know they aren't a patch on some of the stuff in this thread.

BG DCI
Shot from a feature I've done for Performance Ford Magazine...

9296566110_63f59a7960_c.jpg

Mark's Cosworth for Performance Ford Magazine by CJGREEN., on Flickr

Love this, how did you shoot it?

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30

Thanks dude.

Very nice, non-rigged? This looks so much more natural than most stuff out there. A few little details let the side down a tiny bit...the reflection of the white camera car and the main subject being in the shadows. Really like it though.

Thats not really my problem when it goes to the mag they can take that out if needs be.

Needs must and all that, I had no rig with me and was pressed for time after doing the actual feature shoot.

Turkish, that's lovely!

Cheers. Shot with a borrowed lens and the first time I've tried shooting aircraft, was getting a bit ragey/frustrated at the time but had a couple (that being one of them) that came out ''ok". If I wasn't busy I'd have been tempted to go to the air tattoo and have another bash at it.

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
Yes I did. It's very easy to do. Here is a short writing what you have to do: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrismdale/4102833080/

So I've removed the front plastic ring (3 screws) that contains the front 3 glasses. Then I have smashed the glasses out of the plastic ring then reattached it and fitted an UV filter to avoid dust getting in. It's not an L macro lens, of course. But gives good results, particularly compared to its price.

Cheers. Shot with a borrowed lens and the first time I've tried shooting aircraft, was getting a bit ragey/frustrated at the time but had a couple (that being one of them) that came out ''ok". If I wasn't busy I'd have been tempted to go to the air tattoo and have another bash at it.

I really enjoy the experience of air show photography and will be going to RIAT (there anyway with work) so shame not to bring the camera!

I'm looking forward to seeing your shots from Goodwood and the RIAT mate. Would be interested to take a nose at the ones you don't upload to flickr too.

Cheers Nial

I did try just the skyline and may post it but theres a lot of 'clutter' underneath it as in all the houses.

My fave from Goodwood, shot with a 70-200 2.8 and cropped from 24 MP to about 10mp.

9316801590_8ef032f2c6_z.png

Red Arrows by Brazo76, on Flickr

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Like both of those Brazo!

Nipped out earlier to scout for star photo's tonight. Didn't really work though! Ended up spotting a nice tin shed in some woods on the way to Bala though.

9317290914_6e66c8c496_z.jpg

Cabin in the woods by A_Cro, on Flickr

9317306820_ae3fdeea5a_z.png

Salmon leap by A_Cro, on Flickr

This is a possibility for some star trails tonight. Should get Polaris above the lintel and the stars going through the window. We'll see. Have a few options. Just need to get some coffee now!

9317299852_02ffdd949c_z.jpg

Window to the world by A_Cro, on Flickr

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah hopefully. The house has been filled in, about 6foot of rubble now on the ground and that's one of the only walls still standing.

I'll see how I get on tonight!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Moon's out here with no cloud cover .. it seems to currently be dead south so you might be lucky with that one :eek:

I think I'm going to go do some tomorrow night. Not a chance on a week-day night esp. when it doesn't get dark properly til 23:00 !!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice Simon. The moon did look incredible last night. Lit the valley up though where I was shooting. Didn't even take a shot of the moon either :clown:

Opted to go somewhere else as it was still bright. Ended up in Snowdonia.

I've got some decent pictures, just editing them now. I've had 3.5 hours sleep, would like more but this weather isn't helping!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice Simon. The moon did look incredible last night. Lit the valley up though where I was shooting. Didn't even take a shot of the moon either :clown:

Opted to go somewhere else as it was still bright. Ended up in Snowdonia.

I've got some decent pictures, just editing them now. I've had 3.5 hours sleep, would like more but this weather isn't helping!

Do you actually sleep? haha

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lol, good job though. Much better than my first attempts at light painting.

Thanks I was running around like a mentalist with the light and it was still 25degress, hopefully get more practice in at the weekend :)

Even more awesome shots on this page, properly liking Brazo's one!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Do you actually sleep? haha

Three days off this week! Making the most of these clear skies before we get our usual weather! I couldn't do it if I was working the next day unlike some people I know.

Star trails:

9317675003_71db770c5b_z.jpg

Snowdonia star trails by A_Cro, on Flickr

Milky way: Couldn't bring out the colours like I previously have with Milky way shots.

9320495372_15e3fd7bd2_z.jpg

Snowdonia milky way by A_Cro, on Flickr

Video of the star trails:
Don't know why the preview image is bad and why there is a green bar running along the bottom? Done in the GoPro software at 10FPS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Great work man! Can we have some details about how you did the Milky Way shot please?

Cheers.
First off you need to find somewhere really dark. Much darker than where you could usually do star trails. Wait around 15 minutes for your eyes to adjust and then look East to South West I think. You will notice it if its dark enough. Just try not to look at any lights while you are doing it, I use a red torch for checking camera settings etc and have the LCD display on the lowest brightness setting.

Obviously set up on a tripod. Use the lowest F number available and set it for 30 Seconds. Could probably do a shorter with a nice 2.8 lens though. I did try with my 1.8 50mm but there is no focus points and everything came out wrong! I had my ISO to 1600. 3200 just pushed it a bit too much for my liking. I'll wait till I go FF to really push the ISO.

Whack it into Lightroom and have a play with the highlights, shadows, clarity and exposure. I had to drop a ND filter from the top to lighten it a bit and on one of the tree shots, I had to lighten the bottom.